It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Another exorcist movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I was just watching tv and saw a commercial for Exorcist: the begining DO WE REALLY NEED ANOTHER ONE AFTER THE TV SERIES?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Have you seen the previous Exorcist movies ?

they were excellent !!

So I say, yes, we need another one, bring em on !!!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Have you seen the previous Exorcist movies ?

they were excellent !!

So I say, yes, we need another one, bring em on !!!

YES YES AND "they" are thinking about giving it a NC-17 rating or no people under 17 will be allowed to see the movie! :shk:

MC

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I saw the previews and it didn't look that scary, but I could be wrong!!!
I was scared S***less the first and second times I saw the original, but I was crazy enough to watch the next two, which I didn't think were that big of a deal in the scare dept. Who knows? This may be the most evil of them all!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This movie does not excite me much.. At first, I was excited, because the initial director, Paul Schraeder was making an incredibly scary, dark, psychological thriller. But Warner Bros., in all their wisdom, said that was unacceptable and they unloaded him and had one of their own make a gory, action-packed film.

A great film was traded for a cheap thrill.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This film looks like a big steaming pile of dog turd. It was directed by that hack Renny Harling who is responsible for such "classics" as A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Cliffhanger (alright I'll cut this one a break, it's pretty good for an action and the opening scene is one of the most terrifying and memorable in film history), Cutthroat Island and The Long Kiss Goodnight to name but a few. Wow! I'm getting the feeling this film is going to be really scary.

This film was originally taken on by legendary Paul Schrader, who's writing and Directing credits include: Taxi Driver, Blue Collar, Raging Bull, Cat People, The Last Temptation of Christ e.t.c. again to name but a few.

He wanted to really go for the mood of the first film, trying to go for mood instead of build up. However, when he was nearly done the studio was disturbed with the fact that there were no cheap a$$ jump scares ala Scream e.t.c. and so sacked him and brought in The Hack to make it more teen friendly.
Woohoo! What could have been a complex and interestingly scary film has been turned into a s#@t-fest we've seen a thousand times before. Well I know I can't wait...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just saw it.

I was pleased.

for anyone that sees it, go in with an open mind- don't compare it to the other films, just think of it as a different movie with the same characters.

the plot was good, the acting was OK, and the exorcism freaking rocked!

the only beef i had was that the CGI blew. big time.

but i dont feel like i wasted 7 bucks on a ticket. and ten on a pop and popcorn.

go see it!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There was a TV Series to the Excorsist?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
well i didnt see the originals or the tv series but this movie was ok...

cheap scares that didnt scare me and all of that crap...

i only jumped once so i guess it was ok...

ONLY the ending was good (the man becoming a priest again versus the possesed girl)

new topics

top topics

join