It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Tea Party might just help Obama win reelection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
(All quotes noted below are easily found via Google – please do your own homework)
First, let’s establish a couple of facts about Obama.
1 – Regarding Obama, John Boehner stated: “I think he's engaging,” “Certainly smart. Brilliant. …”
2 – Regarding Obama’s citizenship: Boehner said that he believes that Obama was born in Hawaii and that the president is a Christian.
(These points come into play later)

Now, let’s look at the differences between the Tea Party and the Republican Party potential candidates. Without doubt, the Tea Party favorites (in no particular order) are: Trump, Bachman, and Palin. The problem here (I believe) is that the Republican Party sees them all as unelectable and won’t support them when push comes to shove. Here’s why:

1 - “The Donald” Trump – Trump is most likely going to push his business experience and suggest that this is the way Government has to be run. However, the American people understand that there is a big difference between the two and have rejected that approach before (Ross Perot). Simply put, stock holders only care about profits, American voters care about many different things, some of which conflict with one another – a tightrope he’s never had to consider walking. In addition to the fact that he has little to offer in actual political experience, he’s decided to hitch his wagon to the “Birther” movement. The problem there is that a majority of Americans do not support “Birther’s” views, and further, the items Trump is bringing up are old and have already been debunked which makes him look like he’s way behind the curve.
>Republican viewpoint = not electable.

2 – Michelle Bachman – “we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States.” (That alone is SO big a mistake it cannot be attributed to a “misspoken moment”). "Literally, if we took away the minimum wage—if conceivably it was gone—we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level." (Keep going, what happens then?) “I find it interesting that it was back in 1970 that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I’m not blaming President Obama. I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.” (And your point is?) -These comments were made when she *wasn’t* under any pressure. Imagine what she might come up with while in a televised national debate with Obama where she would have to answer hard-nosed questions and provide back up right then and there…
>Republican viewpoint = Dumb and not electable.

3 – Sarah Palin – Just Google up “Palinisms”. Not only does she show consistent missteps, she doesn’t even have the sense to hire smart handlers to coach her about when not to speak, and what to limit her comments to when she does speak. But more importantly, she walked away from office and the general public will never forget about her being a “quitter”. Is anyone really willing to take that chance with the Presidency? Like Bachman, a televised debate against Obama (who’s already been characterized as “smart” and “brilliant”) would be like witnessing the clubbing of baby seals. Whereas Obama *can* think on his feet when pressed, Palin (like Bachman) can only say they *have* feet.
>Republican viewpoint = Dumb and not electable.

Who then would Republicans support for the nomination? To me, the most likely candidates are Gingrich and Romney. While both have at least one piece of significant baggage they carry, this can be overlooked if they coherently send the message of the party (which they can), and most importantly, they actually can think on their feet and therefore could stand toe to toe with Obama in a debate.

But, here’s the problem: The Tea Partiers are already are grousing about the Republicans taking a soft line against the Democrats on budget issues, and this will continue when debates about debt limit and 2012 budget talks begin. By the time the nominations come around, the idea of the Republicans not supporting their candidates will be seen by the Tea Partiers as the ultimate act of betrayal. In response, the Tea Partiers will probably flex their political muscle and choose not to support the Republican candidates. In short, on Election Day – they will stay home.

This will hand a potentially close race to Obama.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
hes already been preselected to win...there gonna make it close but just to make it look good...he doesnt need help when they already have him locked in...just like Bushy was...but Obama might end up being the first 3 term prez since FDR,just my prediction...Obama is nothing more than a more intelligent Bush but hes still a puppet
edit on 20-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You know how the Tea Partiers are going to help Obama win? Because a good portion of them are jackasses. Not all of them, mind you. Just the neo-cons that hijacked and then flew into a mountain one of the best grass roots movements in American history.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
All ya'll seem to have forgotten that the TEAParty is still common folk who believe in a government "of the people, by the people and for the people

The TeaParty that you speak of being hijacked by the neo-cons is the registered political party, not the actual TEAParty.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Obama (Mr No Change) is beyond help and wont get relected.
I foresee many problems arising for Obama.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Let's play a game.

What if the people elect anyone but Barack? For sake of argument let's say it doesn't matter who the Republican challenger is and they are both equal. By an overwhelming margin, like 60% to 40% the common folk elect anybody else but Barack Hussein Obama.

Then the Electoral College steps in and casts their votes and elects Barack Hussein Obama by an overwhelming margin of 70% to 30%. What do you see happening?

I know I for one would be ready for civil disobedience. Petrol bombs with styrene, diesel fuel and used motor oil would be ready to fly.

The PTB might think they can fool all of us all the time but truth is many of us already see the deception. I hate to throw a vote away but I'm thinking "None Of The Above"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
You know how the Tea Partiers are going to help Obama win? Because a good portion of them are jackasses. Not all of them, mind you. Just the neo-cons that hijacked and then flew into a mountain one of the best grass roots movements in American history.

/TOA

well said. absolutely broke my heart when I saw Sarah Palin jump in the cup. last time i was that sad was when Ross Perot got gaslighted by the media machine. i had such hopes both times, i actually had hope for the country for a very short time.

a brother on Facebook posted a YouTube recently showing a self-appointed Tea Party spokesman, a tanned white redneck male American maybe 55. this mans spiel was the most racist, bigoted, jaw-dropping rant i've heard in many years. it was an embarrassment to watch. i've heard KKK speeches that were less callous and hurtful.

seems like Matt & Trey got it spot-on in the South Park episode where the children had to vote for a new school mascot. children were given a choice of voting for Doosh Nozzle or Shiat Sandwich. i swear to God, i've learned more about the real world from South Park than i did in 4 years of high school.

top topics

join