It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He is our president, will you EVER grow up enough to accept it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Elostone
Hawaii DOES ISSUE LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATES...IT IS A FEDERAL LAW

Care to quote that "Federal Law"?

Unless....

In the United States, State laws require birth certificates to be completed for all births, and Federal law mandates national collection and publication of births and other vital statistics data. The National Vital Statistics System, the Federal compilation of this data, is the result of the cooperation between the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and the States to provide access to statistical information from birth certificates.
Source

Model State Vital Statistics Act and Regulations

Section 7. Birth Registration
(a) A certificate of birth for each live birth which occurs in this State shall be filed with the (Office of Vital Statistics),
or as otherwise directed by the State Registrar, within 5 days after such birth and shall be registered if it has been
completed and filed in accordance with this section
Source

ETA The 2nd link also details what information must be included on the "Long" form

Peace
edit on 20-4-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
It would seem that any law in Hawaii has probably been changed because of Obama.
It appears to be a very recent law.

link   

Originally posted by DarylHamblett
omg, how one can accept empty suit for president?

amen to that. take the whole damn lot of them and their puppet masters and end their lot. Obama doesn't get to do as he wishes. i've lost faith in the USA government, Fed Res, Wall St, and toss in organized religions too. we waste our time picking at bones while we should be taking out the trash.

link   
I don't care if he's the ruler of the world, how he got in was unfair, what he is doing is unfair to all the american society, and if he's the one to start another war then he'll go down in history as the worse president ever, if there is going to a country.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
It would seem that any law in Hawaii has probably been changed because of Obama.
It appears to be a very recent law.

From the source text:

This revision replaces the 1977 Revision of the Model State Vital Statistics Act and Model State Vital Statistics Regulations (PHS 75-l 115).

So, 30 some years recent

edit on 20-4-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Well shows how much I know.
I thought changing to the short form was something very very recent.

Like I have said I do not keep up with this birth certificate issue, so I can't comment really on that specifically.
All i know is i do not like Obama's policies ,actions, methods, or taste in ties.

Oh Wait.....Ok, ok.. I see what your saying.
edit on 20-4-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

Facepalm myself for my reading comprehension FAIL!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by marcsnothere

Oh thank God that somebody finally linked to FactCheck.org to prove he's an American! The only flaw in the OP that I can see is you didn't link to MediaMatters.org and Whitehouse.gov.

Can I accept that Obama is president of America? Can I accept that there really are that many stupid American who know how to cast a vote.? Ehh, not likely.

You can all wait for the Supreme Court to rule on his citizenship and constitutionality of his laws, as for me I've already declared them Unconstitutional and refuse to abide by them.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Elostone

Well shows how much I know.
I thought changing to the short form was something very very recent.
Like I have said I do not keep up with this birth certificate issue, so I can't comment really on that specifically.
All i know is i do not like Obama's policies ,actions, methods, or taste in ties.
Oh Wait.....Ok, ok.. I see what your saying.

Facepalm myself for my reading comprehension FAIL!

Not really..It says it "replaces" the 1977 law, not "when" this new law came into effect..
Could of been yesterday for all we know.

This revision replaces the 1977 Revision of the Model State Vital Statistics Act and Model State Vital Statistics Regulations (PHS 75-l 115).

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

If one would open the quoted source, they would clearly see that it was revised in 1992
2nd

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

\ETA The 2nd link also details what information must be included on the "Long" form

And that information is present on Obama's birth certificate posted on the net, so once again birthers fail!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

If one would open the quoted source, they would clearly see that it was revised in 1992
2nd

Thanks, so not the 30 years ago that you mentioned??

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The problem in this thread is that no one seems to understand what the issue really is with Obama's birth certificate.

On either side. Obama supporters chalk it up to racism or an unrelenting hatred for the man, and the Anti-Obama crowd do often miss the whole point and just don't like to think that he is a -real- American.

The problem rests in how Hawaii did birth certificates back in the days when Obama was born. Hawaii didn't actually require the birth certificate to be issued on the date of birth, merely that someone had seen the person pregnant on one occasion, and then not pregnant while in possession of the child. For normal people - they are on an island - where else are they gong to have the child, but on the island?

But the Obama family wasn't exactly what one would call normal, and during the later stages of pregnancy, his family did take trips overseas to countries most sane people would avoid all together. The circumstances of the entire fiasco has drawn suspicion as to whether or not Obama was actually born in Hawaii, or not.

The reason the current birth certificate is not considered adequate is because it is a 'short form' certificate. Hawaii's birth certificates come in two flavors - the short-form is simply saying that the state recognizes this person as a citizen. The long-form lists more details about the birth in question - whether doctors were present, who bore witness, etc. Which is why the long-form is being requested by the groups that do not believe Obama was legitimately in the country or qualifies for citizenship.

I can understand, perfectly, why people would be demanding to see the long-form certificate.

At the same time, I'm not quite sure it would be the silver-bullet against Obama that many seem to hope it would be. For starters, there would need to be a hearing. While I may have to eat my words, I do believe the Constitution merely says that someone must be a born citizen of the united states. It seems as though, at the time, states were expected to be fairly autonomous, and if a state considered someone to be a citizen, so did the national government.

There is also the fact that the hearings on this will not be very speedy. The best that the 'birther' crowd could hope for is to shut Obama down should he be re-elected. He would complete this term before the hearings could even start, most likely.

And it would be a messy trial. Establishing burden of proof will be a completely insane and convoluted process.

For starters, Obama would technically be the defense/accused, and the burden of proof then falls upon the prosecution - the 'birthers.'

However, because this questions Obama's eligibility to be president - an office with defined eligibility requirements - he, in a sense, must prove his innocence.

But, again - on to the requirements - it must first be established whether or not someone must be born on our soil, or if a birth certificate, alone, makes them eligible. That determines whether or not there is a case.

www.counterpunch.org...

- This is a good little piece about it.

A few excerpts:

While the first problem can be written off to legalistic obstinacy, the second is, to put it gently, curious. Why does a Harvard lawyer let such a claim continue to fester in public without taking the simple steps necessary to quash it?

The state has produced what might be called a certificate of the certificate, giving the basics of what the original document purportedly says. CNN has suggested that the original certificate no longer exists since all such records were discarded in 2001 but the state denies it. Hawaii is, in effect, denying the absence of something it can't or won't produce.

There are other reasons not to get too worked up about all this, a key one being that even if Obama's birth was contrary to the Constitution, it would rank of one of the mildest violations of said document over the past few decades under both Republican and Democratic presidents (including Obama). Far better to tend to things like the First, Fourth and Tenth Amendments that are in serious trouble.

Driving this cause appears to be much of the same myopic miasma that allows the right to fixate on the sanctity of life still in the womb and then to become ideologically indifferent to it forever thereafter. Given their obsession, we should be grateful that they are not demanding videographic proof that Obama was conceived in Hawaii.

Finally, perhaps the best reason not to worry about this issue is that the definition of a "natural born citizen" has been a topic of a heated debate throughout our history. It wasn't well defined at the time of the Constitution was drafted and it hasn't been since.

I find the videographic proof of Obama's conception in Hawaii comment to be a fair and humorous observation.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Hospitals sometimes issue abstracts of birth, which is all Obama has provided thus far.
These abstracts of Birth are NOT ACCEPTABLE by the Federal Government for passport issuance.
A Registered, CERTIFIED Long Form Birth Certificate, Issued by the State is the only type of proof accepted by The US Gov't for a US Passport.
Dont believe me? Try getting one with less.

Well, does he have a passport? Pretty sure he does... Considering he has been able to go to other countries long before he was president....According to your words, he must have shown that registered certified long form Birth Certificate, huh?

Your own point just proved you wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Øbama sits in the 'Office of the President' ...
however his actions are more to the fact that he is the Commander-in-Chief...

i.e. in charge of the Military...and moving these gamepieces on his strategic gameboard.
just as the shadow government puppet masters direct.

but as a leader and presidential material....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Very well said.

Listen, as I see it, and please correct me if I am wrong, but Obama has proven his birth place as much as any other president. It is probably unfair of me to say this is a race issue, I just tend to get fired up when I see so much time being spent on something like this. We, as a people of this planet, have so much to be concerned with. These other concerns can be dealt with, on a much different level, if we handeled them with clearer vision- not blurred by pointless obstacles.

You dont have to like Obama to understand the dire situations that curround us, need changing. We automatically expect the president to super-fix everything tohat has been broken, while we sit back and watch, then open our mouths to complain. I am guilty of this too.

I would however, hope that somewhere along the line one of us, some of us, many of us, or perhaps all of us can re-direct our eyes a little, and offer a hand in making something- no matter how big or small- better or improved. Anything from picking up a single piece of garbage, to talking someone off of a suicidal fall. We have but one shot at this whole life thing, and we are spending it hurting each other in one form or another. What does this have to do with the birth cert.? I guess I see it as fresh air wasted. Energy misused. Of course everyone can voice their opinions, much as we have done here. But when I see people like Donald Trump (no comment on him running for pres.) running his mouth about it, it makes me want to slap him for embarrising this country even more. Then I get on these little tangents that waste even more air, lol

All things given, I am glad that were all adults enough to discuss and debate issues like this, so thanks!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with his race.

He is just as bad, if not worse, than GWB was.

That is why people dislike him.

The only issue regarding his race was the record number of blacks who actually voted for him, based on nothing other than his skin color alone.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Who is the "us" and "we" that you keep referring to in the OP? Are you referring to people at Obama's campaign headquarters? Is it you, your mom, and your dad?

Fact is, I could give a rat's a$$ if he's black, white, yellow, or red. He hasn't done a goddamn thing for this country, and January 2012 can't get here fast enough.

Let's see. Unemployment is rampant, the economy sucks, and gas is now $5.00/gallon in D.C.. He doesn't pay for gas, we the taxpayers do, so he could care less if it reaches $6.00 by Memorial Day.

It's time for him to stop using up primetime television slots to "reassure" the American public and actually put those words into action, any sort of action for Christ's sake.

I would like him to revamp his slogan from "Yes We Can" to something along the lines of "Yes We Can, But We're Probably Not Going To, So Don't Get Your Hopes Up"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Sorry, lost me at the tired old race card ploy. Where was this enlightened mood when people were bashing President Bush? Granted he wasn't anything special, but he hasn't done nearly the amount of damage obama has in such a short period of time.
As far as accepting the Idiot-in-Chief? No, sorry can't drink the BO kool-aid.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes...Let's all go Obama's 'New Party', FactCheck for the 'truth!' ...What a joke!

Next you will tell us to go to his other bias web sites that are being run by Obamas boss, Marxist Soros and his paid disciples: MoveOn, DailyKos, Media Matters, Fight The Smears,Huffington Post-AOL and St.Peters Time-PoliticoFact...Might as well add NY&LA Times,MSNBC, CNN, TIME & Newsweek! (All the same) Plus:Boycott The Treason State of Hawaii:

I've still got that oceanside property up in Denver that I need to unload...Surely one of you' talking heads' would see a need for this.

You want the 'TRUTH' about this lying, Illegal, treasonous "Criminal-In-Chief" go to>>>"The Enemy Within"

You have to take your 'blinder's' off, first!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Oh you are so right. Oh, wait...which President gave everyone a tax break then started two wars (off the books) on the American Credit Card? And NOW you people are going to bitch about deficits? Whatever happened to "deficits don't matter"? You know I would probably be very amenable to all of the bellyaching from people on the right if you got your facts straight. Do you morons think that overnight Obama stayed up late with the American Credit Card and over-ordered for the Home ShoppingNetwork? No! He actually included the cost of the wars into the federal budget. And the bailouts were on Georgie's watch too. And while the recovery act was nothing to write home about, things would be a lot worse now if the government had done nothing. So just stop with your BS and moaning and whining. You know it's funny for so many people who are so ready to believe so many fantastic things on this sight, and be convinced of FEMA Camps and the impending rapture, and yet not once during the tenure of Bush did I hear anyone complain like this about anything, and if you did, you were unAmerican. I am not saying I agree with everything the man does, but given the alternative, I am glad I voted for him. A lot of you are looking forward to January 2012, but I have a feeling you will be in for a rude awakening, and then what? What will you complain about then?
edit on 20-4-2011 by DarkKnight76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join