It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with the Dead Alien threads already!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I just seen another dead alien thread posted. Granted it was quickly shut down but come on...why is the search option there if isnt going to be used? I have seen that same video 20 times it seems like in 4 days...enough is enough and is time for change....I loves Owen Hart...RIP...BUT anyway please,no more of this nonsense...ATS is about denying ignorance,not adding to it...

EDIT:ADD:5:00AM eastern....JUST HAD ANOTHER THREAD POP UP...WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP?!?!?
edit on 20-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Exactly, threads like that can make a non-believer out of a believer ...

I normally look at youtube video upload dates, and if it's not been uploaded in the last couple of hours, then that means it's already on ATS!

The search feature is never used by some members, which is becoming quite an annoying factor!

By seeing mutiple annoyings posts it just gets to the stage where you stop even caring any more

I was about to put this thread up about stop with the "dead aliens" but you beat me to it! But, you see, I used the search bar

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Sure i saw many threads on it. It starts boring me.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm actually paranoid to click on any topic in the Alien and UFO section thanks to this damn Russian dwarf alien thing. It's like getting Rick Rolled.

Oh damn, forget I said that...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Perhaps a friendly reminder would prevent more threads like that appearing?

Every-time a user starts a new thread there would be a visible message asking the user if he/she used the search function.

Also, whenever the user gets ready to post a pop up message appears again asking if the user used the search function.

Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
If an extraterrestrial did die here on Earth, I doubt his buddies would leave his twisted little corpse in the snow, left to be found by somebody with a shaky cam.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
kudos to all,all have nailed it the head...appreciate that others are sick of this crap flooging the thread gates...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Dead alien threads? Where was I, I didn't even notice one of them let alone a whole rash!

My favorite is when something is literally posted 3 times in BAN and all three are clearly visible if you have BAN as a favorite on MyATS and even better when none of those are even the first!

I wonder if these people can be made to have the term "Searchtarded" added to their avatar for a week.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Originally posted by anon102
Perhaps a friendly reminder would prevent more threads like that appearing?

Exactly what I was thinking. Although, I'd like to go a step further than a reminder / unintrusive yet visible message. Most people know to search to prevent creating duplicates. The people we want to reach are those that are unaware of one of the most occurring problems on ATS, one that is talked about regularly (on every duplicate thread, a lot of threads in Rant, and of course in the board business area). It appears that exactly these people are the hardest to reach. A mere reminder might not do the trick.

Personally, I'd love to see a dialog box preceding / overlaying the New Thread page, asking the user whether (s)he searched in advance + a link to the search page*. I know it sounds rigorous, but with Yes/No buttons it would be just one extra click. Duplicate threads do more than just keeping the mods busy - for example, many people reply to a subsequently 404'd thread and lose their entire conversation. No more than time and for that matter just a few seconds would be lost by having to answer the dialog. Cost-benefit analysis, anyone? Perhaps I'm overestimating the proportion of duplicate threads / original threads..

Good luck to all of you in those dark, dark days of desecrational duplicates.

* The dialog box could also display that tiny checklist above each post urging to make sure that every post matters. Anything that would make the poster try to enhance the quality of his posts would fit, methinks.

new topics

top topics

join