It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Basra attack within 60 minutes

page: 1

join
share:
dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Correspondent on BBC News currently talking about UK troops entering the city within the next few hours in support of a popular uprising.

Lets hope their intelligence is correct or this could get very very messy.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am a skeptic so I'm not sure how much of this is actually a "Popular Uprising".

Could be some special forces along with some Iraqi disidents faking a popular uprising in the hope others will join.

It seems a bit pat.

We will see in time.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No tv at work, and no speakers or headset either...
Nothing on the news sites yet either...

Any more updates???

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The reporter is now talking about artillery support only, so that UK troops won't enter the city until the civlians have control...

Sounds rather like they're going to let the civilians take the casualties, then mop up after the dust settles.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The pentagon is going to hold a briefing at 1:30 pm. Hopefully they will have more information to clarify the situation.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is all very convenient.It may be true.I'd just like to say why I'm skeptical.

The timing is just right.Some good news was needed.

10 SAS and a few Iraqis could start a small scale attack inside Basra.The troops outside are told it is a popular uprising and bingo the US/UK breathe a huge sigh of relief.It becomes a liberation again instead of an invasion.Any civilian deaths can be blamed on the Iraqis.If the Iraqis say that it was not a popular uprising it will be said by the west that that is typical Iraqi propaganda.Meanwhile the west hopes that the Uprising gains momentum around the country.We saw the same thing with people surrendering early on but the momentum was lost.

I hope it is true.But I'll be skeptical until independent jounalist talk to the people of Basra.

top topics

join