It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we came from a supernova...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don’t expect anyone to understand, but I feel so amazingly dumbfounded!
To really think that about the vastness of the Universe and the insignificance of humans, the Earth, the Sun, and even the Galaxy! It’s just so amazing, what the hell is all this!?! Why do I cry when I contemplate the beauty of the Cosmos? Why do I feel significant when I am so small? The Universe is so complex, from the gargantuan galaxies… to us, we humans can understand the complexities of life and yet we are so small. This makes me feel so euphoric! I feel so silly going to school to be “successful.” Why does it matter, I am just going to be nutrients to the plants one day, who cares if I have a “big house” and “nice car”, all I want in life is to understand the Universe and to aide in the continuity of are species. We need to stop with this greedy concept of success or else we will never be a spacefaring species...
The Universe want’s to understand itself; and humans are a way for that to happen.
Trust me when I say we are not the only ones trying to understand the Universe, we are just a different “point of view.”

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zptramel

As soon as every one thinks of this life this simplistically we will finally be much better off

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
hmmmmm don't know if this is in the right forum, but once you have a bottle of champgne in ur tummy you don't know where to put it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zptramel
...all I want in life is to understand the Universe and to aide in the continuity of are species...

"Aid in the continuity of our species"?

Does that mean what I think it means? You know:
*nudge, nudge*

If so, I think that's a great way to MAKE a supernova!
edit on 20-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

hehe! no no no. im quite gay!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I really feel like you do OP. This last year and a bit, I've really brushed up on my knowledge to do with the cosmos, once you get a fair understanding about the theorys behind time/light/dark energy/dark matter and all the strange but wonderful things inside the universe it becomes a very overwhelming idea.

We could, and can do more. If only we could stop these stupid wars, and mad with power bankers and oil companies we mite actually be able to spend more time and money on learning more about our existance, instead of trying to destroy it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fill0000

lovw you and totally agree!

new topics

top topics

join