It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Elenin...Input Needed....Could this be a prophetic sychomystism of Leonid Meteor shower?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Curious if any savey astronomers and laymen could help build some ideas about this. Could the meteor shower be larger this year with the added comet/planet/dwarf star in leo? Also I get the impression our magnetic field is a bit lower than usual from the increase in sun activity...could this prevent/inhibit the typical atmospheric "Burn Up" when a foreign body enters our sphere?

LEONID ELENIN=LEONID EXTICTION LVL EVENT=Meteor Showers will get through?

Hope I am off on this one....debunkers please throw some "math" or "facts" in here to change my mind
And only gotta wait till nov.17th to really find out

Japan oops...thought I was in fragile Earth...mods please move me....i am sure you are getting used to moving me anyway lol
edit on 19-4-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/20/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drala
Curious if any savey astronomers and laymen could help build some ideas about this. Could the meteor shower be larger this year with the added comet/planet/dwarf star in leo? Also I get the impression our magnetic field is a bit lower than usual from the increase in sun activity...could this prevent/inhibit the typical atmospheric "Burn Up" when a foreign body enters our sphere?

LEONID ELENIN=LEONID EXTICTION LVL EVENT=Meteor Showers will get through?

Hope I am off on this one....debunkers please throw some "math" or "facts" in here to change my mind
And only gotta wait till nov.17th to really find out

Japan oops...thought I was in fragile Earth...mods please move me....i am sure you are getting used to moving me anyway lol

Hmmm, I'm no astronomer however I thought it is the air that causes atmospheric friction? (Which in turn causes meteors to burn up upon entering our atmosphere).

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think ELEnin is Nibiru. I've been doing my research and alot adds up.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

A reduced magnetic field will allow more cosmic rays, and radiation in general in which could be bad, and also potentially affect the weather....however I haven't heard of it protecting against actual meteors before..I suppose an iron meteorite might produce eddy currents while moving through a field, which may heat it up....but I doubt it would be enough to make much of any difference..I could be wrong...I'll look into it, and reply back if I find anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Why would a similarity in the name have anything to do with physics or astronomy?

This stuff gets more and more tenuous all the time.

Perhaps they sent sonic earthquake signals through the vacuum of space to the reptilians on the dwarf star /space ship Nibiru using HAARP and the aliens responded by sending us some more rocks to fill up the giant cracks in the planet caused by the poles shifting so fast and frequently?

edit on 20/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Ok not to sound totally crazy, but at the threshold of the schuman cavity the earth has around 440 000 volts, and its magnetic field would repell an object to some degree and the ions present would heat it aswell....there is not much air up that high to burn it out(climb a mountain thinner air) I view it more like the earths immune system...like ours aswell....our field integrity can help repel unwanted illnesses. But now I am getting into some very off topic ideas...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
ELEnin treads come and ELEnin treads go... Man im getting confused one day its ELEnin we are all gonna die from then the next is Super volcano, Aliens, Nuclear, Global warming, Annuaki, WWIII, Bird flu Aaarrrgg i keep changing my bug out trailer
Can somebody actually confirm this ELEnin thing soon !!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

the pattern is Synchromistism....like the the book Titan...written about a sinking boat and the details are staggeringly similar to the Titanic...even the small life boat issue. THe book was written many many years before, and if memory serves me it was written before large boats of that type were even invented...

THe idea is events in the world resonate with odd patterns between them...

And not to be a jerk...but you have no math or resonable input to offer?? Are you generally part of the solution in life or the problem...perhaps save your typing time for useful input into ATS

edit on 20-4-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Elenin is coming, the question is what effect might it bring. Just get over "if" its coming...i was 6 years old and read about planet x in 1983...its taken 19 years and look at the threads now? DO you not see the increase in data...its on NASA site....

I am of the impression the ancients warned of these times and built monuments to point us in the direction of leo...line up the great pyramid and the sphinx it points to leo....if i was an ancient civiliation that lived through a transit of planet x...i think as a society you would concider building something to remind later generations of the area in the sky to be watching....and where is ELENIN COMING FROM >>>LEO....wouldn't you try to warn your children and your childrens children? THe ancients Knew the skies...we should listen to them. Heck most of us in cities can't even see the stars at night...we just assume they look the way MSM tells us

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drala

the pattern is Synchromistism....like the the book Titan...written about a sinking boat and the details are staggeringly similar to the Titanic...even the small life boat issue. THe book was written many many years before, and if memory serves me it was written before large boats of that type were even invented...

THe idea is events in the world resonate with odd patterns between them...

And not to be a jerk...but you have no math or resonable input to offer?? Are you generally part of the solution in life or the problem...perhaps save your typing time for useful input into ATS

edit on 20-4-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

You mentioned synchromysticism and are asking me for math?

How about this:

It's a small comet, that on its closest pass to the Earth will still be about 21 million miles away. It can have no gravitational effect (too small), it has no magnetic field (it's made of ice), it has no appreciable electrical charge (definitely not one that could affect us from 21 million miles away). It is likely to be barely visible without a telescope.

Therefore "zero effect" times "whatever you may think of" still equals zero,

or:

0 x ΣΨ = 0
where ΣΨ is the sum of whatever you might think.

Is that better?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Oh Dear God!

Leonid Elenin is simply the name of the russian astronomer that discovered the comet.
en.wikipedia.org...
It is NOT the name of the comet nor does the comet have any connection whatsoever with the Leonid meteor showers.
At all.
This whole thing is just making assumptions, jumping to conclusions and fabricating connections that do not exist.
edit on 4/20/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/20/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

would you please provide a link to that information?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

No such thing was discovered in 1983. What was discovered were nine ultra-luminous galaxies and an infrared cirrus. In 1983 researchers were unsure what they were seeing in the IRAS data and one of the possibilities was a new planet. However, the 1985 and 1987 confirmed that no new objects were discovered within our solar system.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst

would you please provide a link to that information?

NASA

Wikipedia

Sky and Telescope

I won't bother giving you others, i'm really getting bored with it.

... and perhaps you should think about what posts like the OP would lead others to believe about you?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

It's 19826th post on it, use search function and you shall know all, especially Putterman's long living thread.
The search function is also very useful.

new topics

top topics

join