It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passover and the continuing hatred in the Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Today I went to dinner at a deli which was being heavily patronized by the celebrants of Passover. They were mostly civil with each other and the staff.
The question is why would they be in a holiday mode for an entire week? What are they being thankful for?
This is the night that the Angel of Death killed all of the first born of the Egyptians as a final visitation of God's plagues. The Jews marked their doors with the blood of lambs. This protected them from the wrath of God.
So do they cling to a belief that it's OK for their God to slaughter the innocent as long as they are spared.
They continue this because they are Chosen. They do this amongst the same group of people whom these children would have been part of their heritage.
What form of insanity is this?
Religious.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

They are licensed by their god to consider themselves as special and exempt from normal moral considerations. They express that disdain in a formalized manner. It may even be unconscious, without deliberation by the layman. The hierarchy of Hebrews devotes considerable effort to understanding their origins, language, scripture and traditions. They have no excuse to maintain the obvious barbarity of this tradition.

A long and tedious dissection of the genocides, rapes and other atrocities contained within their history need not be expanded upon. EVERYBODY has a savage past but I know of no other group that maintains a holiday to mark the most heinous of crimes by their deity.

I could be wrong since I am much the lapsed Catholic and not a theology student. It's just that when I view the snares of religion, politics and 'race' this is a glaring and repetitive wounding as an immoral and destructive display.

What say you?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am not Jewish, but that "crime" came after many warnings by God to the pharaoh, and it saved the Jewish people from slavery. I see your point, but Jews today are thanking God for protecting them and getting them out of Egypt.
edit on 20-4-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: Missed a word

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Most Jewish holidays go like this: "They tried to kill us, they failed. Now let's eat"

And a bit more seriously, yes, you need to remember that based on the "Seder" story, the "first-born" thing was the last plague on Egypt, after 9 other ones... and still he wouldn't let the Israelites go...

Anyway, most Jews (at least those I know, and most secular Jews I also imagine) don't believe it even happened, but it's more of a tradition, that you sit together and eat a fancy meal (and get offended that we want to the wife's mother as opposed to my mother etc etc... ah.. the in-laws)...

Hope this answers it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by largo

lol.. You have got to be kidding me...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ender_shadow
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Most Jewish holidays go like this: "They tried to kill us, they failed. Now let's eat"

LOL...thanks for the good laugh.

Take care.

new topics

top topics

join