It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Strange Introduction Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hello one and all, been lurking for about a month after repetitively finding this site come up on my searches. It seems the topics I am interested in are discussed here. First I thought a conspiracy site is probably just a way to track the dangerous minds who express free thinking. And while this is probably close to the truth, it looks like fun and I am probably being tracked anyways. Lol. I do have some apprehension about joining ATS referred to by some as the Atheist Troll Society. I appreciate a honest atheist who has done their homework, it makes for lively conversation. I learn much from them and know many close friends. But I do not appreciate someone who mocks another for any reason, that is just mean spirited. Just mentioned that because I saw that in recent posts. So what am I? I would normally tell someone that I am a non-denominational christian, who is more spiritual than religious. But you guys would probably want to know what that means.

By this I mean I believe in the Trinity God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This I believe from personal experience, nothing I can rationally support except to say through spiritual encounters I came to this belief. I would be considered a poor Christian or even a heretic by some because I don't subscribe to the strict dogmas and hold sometimes conflicting ideas such as reincarnation. I would never profess to have all the answers because I have many questions that I can not answer. I have read the Bible cover to cover a few times and have read the Koran, Gnostic gospels, Buddhist scriptures and various wisdom books. The farther ones travels the less one knows and ignorance is bliss.

As for other topic areas, I never had an alien encounter, but think their existence and influence is probable. I love the Ancient Aliens series it makes you think about how strangely non linear the past seems to be. I have had ghosts stories and I would say I am psychically inclined. (another church no-no) I get dreams, visions, and premonitions.

As for TPTB and the NWO, I am pretty well convinced of this reality. I think I may have had some of that mind control stuff done on me. After a prolonged hospital stay I became obsessed for a short time that NWO was a great idea and I should help it anyway I could. Never even thought about before that or knew it existed. This was pre911. And no I am not schizophrenic, the doctors could not pin that on me, but not for lack of trying. Lol. The full story will have to wait for later, as it is complicated and I don't want to this to go too long but needless to say I have more mixed feelings now.

So in short, another strange soul wishes to join after being in the shadows. I can only explain the apparent contradictions by saying the paradox is an illusion, but I am real. Anyways I look forward to joining the conversations and learning by seeing things through other points of view.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Neoancient

Hi Neoancient, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use(Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

A being after my own heart and I concur with most of your views. Looking forward to reading your threads and posts.
Welcome from a kindred.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, you've aced the requirements
! Welcome aboard. Please don't turn out to be a self-serious d--k; we have enough of those....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
ditto that.
welcome!
i look forward to seeing your views expressed on the boards.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I look forward to reading your posts, Neoancient. Very interesting introduction.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I would just like to extend my welcome to the edge, its on the edges of things that the fun really starts, and our minds start working. I'm in the situation, long time lurker recent member, and yes I agree with most of your points. I too was raised Christian, and I know this going to draw some fire, but still hold to those basic core tents of faith you described, and not so much the man made dogma. Your right a reasonable debate with an Atheist or anyone of different views and faith is really great, it's the "Last gang up on the Christian" trolls that sometimes seems too much in evidence on here and any open posting forum on the internet. So lets hope we can find more of the honest and reasonable crowd on here. Good Luck

new topics

top topics

join