It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fema has somthing big planned ! ...but why ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sure drills and training events happen, but why buy out the nation's largest supplier of emergency foods (which have a limited shelf life)? Is it merely government waste or is there a reason for it? Why buy hundreds of thousands of these emergency meals if it's just part of a 10 day drill?
The DHS bid advertisement for the detainee manuals happens to coincide with this?
Then there's the debt ceiling "crisis" and the fact that precious metals are going through the roof while oil prices are skyrocketing.
I'm not religious, but isn't there some Christian ad campaign about Judgement day being May 21, 2011?
All a bit odd and coincidental. Synchronicity? Blown up, alarmist Hype?
Who knows?
But the emergency food gov't RFI/bid advertisement and the DHS bid ad for the detainee manuals are public record fact and, by themselves are disturbing. Even more interesting, after posting a notice on their website that they temporarily cannot ship due to a large government contract that is using up their inventory, Mountain House took that down and posted this:
www.mountainhouse.com...
Basically a denial of their previous post. I wish there was some way to capture the previous message they had up. I'm pretty sure someone posted it here on ATS. Anyone else see or remember this?
All a bit curious.
But like I said, it could be nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

The "Great Central Shakeup" New Madrid Fault Seismic Zone

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Why buy surplus food? I'm sure someone donated a bunch of money during the election process and has a favor owed. It looks innocent enough too. Build a little reserve inventory to protect the masses,and get a contract that keeps you busy for a few years to boot.
Who got the contracts and how much did they donate?

We had the FEMA drill here in the Mnts. last year and I have to tell you,they did a stellar job.
The way I saw it, NONE of you flatlanders will be able to get up here unless you know somebody.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have heard from a friend that in the south there is a man who leased his land for FEMA use as a storage facility. But, this is not a normal storage facility it holds coffins. There are millions of coffins that can fit 4 people inside of them and there are small ones for children. I hope it is just a rumor or this excerise is not a drill.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
"FEMA does this all the time, it's completely normal..."

...Yes, well you may be right. However, I do believe this was the first drill ever done in the New Madrid Area. (if not, please give me proof, because I live in the area and this years' was a huge deal, and I heard it was the first ever done in the area). So while the drills may be normal for FEMA to do, they aren't normal for the area.

Are they doing it because of all the activity Greenbrier is seeing? Are they doing it because it's been 200 years since the 1811-1812 quakes? Is it a mix of both?

Whatever it is, I feel like there's only a matter of time before we have another "big one". I also feel like they know it, too. Almost as if the drill was a "warning", without coming right out and saying so.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain they are doing the drill because the fault has become more active. I've lived here pretty much my whole life. We've only had two quakes I can remember. One was a 5.2 (June 18, 2002) and the other was a 4.6 (April 17/18, 2008). I'm sure there were a few smaller ones, but I didn't feel them and probably slept right through them. www.courierpress.com...

Just looks to me like they want to be prepared in case this place starts to rock and roll. I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I'd rather them be ready for it, than not.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

was NLE 09 on the news , or NLE 10 ??????

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

while waiting for the next brush fire... so you can toss a shirmp on the barbee.
have a Fosters, its just not beer - It recycled beer, brewed from the finest recycled water.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
the supernatural forces that are intent on undermining God at every turn, realized God was about to bring about a big earthquake on Good Friday April 22nd, 2011, and managed to nudge FEMA into incidental preparations that would led to serious doubt on whether the day of disaster was a divine act or haarp?
edit on 20-4-2011 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
FEMA is the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The purpose of FEMA is to help local responders be better prepared for emergencies.

Was everyone happy with FEMAs response to Katrina? I don't think so. Now they are preparing to hold a bigger drill . Good. Perhaps in the next emergency they will do better.

I don't think that anyone wants a disaster to happen. But disasters happen on an all to regular basis. Being prepared to me is a good thing and I don't see any sinister overtones to this.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Erm... Could it be that they want to conduct a training exercise? I mean, it doesn't have to be anything nefarious, you know...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

Originally posted by Blaine91555

They have these exercises so they know what to do in the real deal. Every time they have an exercise people come along and invent wild theories with no evidence. Keeps Jones in business I guess. The same people who screamed after Katrina for them not being ready are now upset because they are trying to be ready. How insane is that exactly? It is a bit nutty I think. How do you expect them to practice without practicing?

how are they going to simulate and earthquake ?

What a silly response? Just say you don't want to answer the question. Remember your talking about people here who are training to put their own lives at risk to save us. If they were not ready, I'll bet you would scream about that.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

More and more it seems the writing is on the wall. These folks have a plan and it just seems like it is about to go down. Right here...right near soon!

seems too much of a coincidence that this drill is coming right after the japan quake..maybe NWO sponsored quake is coming for the U.S..wait and see after the drill maybe 3 months max ?!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I have been following ther CDC on twitter for the past year and they have had some alarming tweets as well. Something is about to happen soon....just dont know what yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
everyone just chill out. I think there is a line, where it is - I'm not sure,. through thick and thin they have came through in the end. however, that being said - it would appear that the same evil that dealt with the inhabitants of this land - seems to be similar. hence the new reservation will be a concentration camp where you can die of natural causes like decapitation and instant ventilation. so just chill out - I think we should set a very high bar -
say international rules of engagement should apply - can some one link me to them, I would like to read them.
to see if that bar is high enough, if not, I will find yet another higher bar until that one is close then we will have to do something, I say we find a even higher bar like a knock on your front door .... sigh~!
edit on 20-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

[iOriginally posted by Nephi1337
reply to post by chancemusky

really ? has Fema ever done this before ? sounds like a big wast of tax payers money to me , like i said why was this not shown in the MSM ?

First off, I find your avatar suspect for anti-American sentiment.
Secondly, your signature "FBI" reinforces may assumption that all your trying to do is sensationalize a national drill.
And cast dispersions in order to cause some for of panic or rift.
No star, no flag, no way

Nothing here folks.
Move along.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

really !!!! HOW IS MY AVATAR ANTI AMERICAN ? CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS !!!!!

a national Drill that has not been show on the msm , and that mostly consist of private sector people ! go read the article

Darn, I was really looking for that schmucks reasoning as to why you are anti-american.

I don't believe that there is anything sinister going on here...I believe it is like others posters have stated. Katrina was a disaster for FEMA. They are trying to be a bit pro-active for once.

That being said...there sure were some crazy drills taking place on Sept. 11 wasn't there? Coincidences don't happen.
edit on 20-4-2011 by superman2012 because: ps- star and flag from me!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So that when a real disaster happens, FEMA are ready and able to go in and save your miserable rear end.
Else you would be complaaining again that they were not ready as you did after New Orleans/Katrina.
Simple really.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

these drills are one off drills. the networks they establish will be used later on when they have the authority. me thinks. I figured that out years ago, why the USA does war games with other countries. and for common intergration into something more effective. when it happens it will be a drill that turns real. me thinks,.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

sounds like a big wast of tax payers money to me

Really??

I don't agree with a lot of what the government does. However my personal opinion (as a begrudging taxpayer) is that an exercise to practice and evaluate our ability to cope in a national emergency, is well worth the money that I am paying. In fact, it is one of the better uses for the money, in my opinion. I would rather insure that my family and my neighbors are cared for in the event of an unforseen disaster, than pay for another vacation overseas for Obama and his family.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
In just the last 18 months we've seen Haiti, Chile, New Zealand, and Japan - and there are other big disasters I've missed. Sooner or later something big is bound to happen somewhere in the USA, whether it's a major quake, hurricane, terrorist attack, massive flood, etc.

I agree that there is not necessarily a conspiracy here. Let's face it, FEMA didn't do all that great of a job with Katrina. Maybe they've decided to learn from the past, and be prepared for the next huge disaster before it actually happens.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join