It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fema has somthing big planned ! ...but why ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i thought this was really strange that Fema is doing this and that it involves 1 million people , does any one els this is this strange ? has anyone els heard about this ? www.fema.gov...

National Level Exercise 2011 (NLE 2011)

FACT SHEET

National Level Exercise 2011 (NLE 2011) is scheduled for May 2011. The purpose of the exercise is to prepare and coordinate a multiple-jurisdictional integrated response to a national catastrophic event.

NLE 2011 is designated as a Tier I National Level Exercise. Tier I exercises (formerly known as the Top Officials exercise series or TOPOFF) are conducted annually in accordance with the National Exercise Program (NEP), which serves as the nation’s overarching exercise program for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating national level exercises. The NEP was established to provide the U.S. government, at all levels, exercise opportunities to prepare for catastrophic crises ranging from terrorism to natural disasters.

NLE 2011 is a White House directed Congressionally-mandated exercise that includes the participation of all appropriate federal department and agency senior officials, their deputies and staff; and key operational elements. NLE 2011 will focus on regional catastrophic response and recovery activities between federal, regional, state, tribal, local and private sector participants.
Exercise Focus

NLE 2011 will simulate the catastrophic nature of a major earthquake in the central United States region of the New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ). The year 2011 is the bicentennial anniversary of the 1811 New Madrid earthquake, for which the NMSZ is named. NLE 2011 will be the first NLE to simulate a natural hazard.

NLE 2011 activities will take place at command posts, emergency operation centers and other locations to include federal facilities in the Washington D.C. area and federal, regional, state, tribal, local and private sector facilities in the eight member states of the Central United States Earthquake Consortium (CUSEC). The eight member states of CUSEC encompass four different FEMA regions: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee (FEMA Region IV); Illinois and Indiana (FEMA Region V); Arkansas (FEMA Region VI); and Missouri (FEMA Region VII).
Exercise Objectives

Through a comprehensive evaluation process, the exercise will assess response and recovery capabilities both nationally and regionally. The exercise is designed to validate the following capabilities:

Communications
Critical resource logistics and distribution
Mass care (sheltering, feeding and related services)
Medical surge
Citizen evacuation and shelter-in-place
Emergency public information and warning
Emergency operations center (EOC) management
Long term recovery

Validating the Homeland Security System

Exercises such as NLE 2011 are an important component of national preparedness, helping to build an integrated federal, state, tribal, local and private sector capability to manage a catastrophic event; and rapidly and effectively respond to and recover from any major disaster that occurs.

The functional exercise offers agencies and jurisdictions a way to test their plans and skills in a real-time, realistic environment and to gain the in-depth knowledge that only experience can provide. Participants will exercise response and recovery functions that are critical to responding to a catastrophic event. Lessons learned from the exercise will provide valuable insights to guide future planning for disasters and other emergencies.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Perhaps to help prepare for a disaster like Japan? It says to be prepared for natural disasters, so its not really that hard to see what it would be for.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's like the Earthquake drill we used to do in school... just a prep....

Easy boy......

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

to help 1 million people learn how to hide? and why the 28th and did you see the people that were going to be involved ? why has this not been shown on the news ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I should probably stock up on booze...

..or buy a still...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Wow! Freaking Wow!

This is not good. With all that is going on, and with more evidence that something seemingly very big is about to go down. Wow!

More and more it seems the writing is on the wall. These folks have a plan and it just seems like it is about to go down. Right here...right near soon!

Just say over and over again...

"It could never happen here...it could never happen here".

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

1 million is not a HUGE amount of people. And it clearly stated in the article its to be prepared should we need to be. Good idea to me, seeing as they become very common lately

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hang on just hang on a sec. FEMA have done drills in the past (though not as quite big), doesn't mean everyone should start freaking out. Sure prepare for a disaster but don't 'bug out'.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

really ? has Fema ever done this before ? sounds like a big wast of tax payers money to me , like i said why was this not shown in the MSM ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

They have these exercises so they know what to do in the real deal. Every time they have an exercise people come along and invent wild theories with no evidence. Keeps Jones in business I guess. The same people who screamed after Katrina for them not being ready are now upset because they are trying to be ready. How insane is that exactly? It is a bit nutty I think. How do you expect them to practice without practicing?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

They have these exercises so they know what to do in the real deal. Every time they have an exercise people come along and invent wild theories with no evidence. Keeps Jones in business I guess. The same people who screamed after Katrina for them not being ready are now upset because they are trying to be ready. How insane is that exactly? It is a bit nutty I think. How do you expect them to practice without practicing?

how are they going to simulate and earthquake ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Coupled with the news that the DHS need 350000 Detainee manuals by april 29th im thinking something is really wrong.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Rarely does news get put on the News. Like there was a shooting at a school near me, havent heard a peep. Today, someone put some sort of small explosive device in a trashcan at my school. Probably dry ice in a bottle.

Dont trust a lot of the MSM

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Oh, it's an 'exercise.' Nothing bad ever happens during 'exercises.'

Perhaps they could call it a 'drill' and that might make it more palatable.

/Sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
really though 1million people and we have not seen this one the news !!!!!!!!! lol am i just over reacting ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

[iOriginally posted by Nephi1337

really ? has Fema ever done this before ? sounds like a big wast of tax payers money to me , like i said why was this not shown in the MSM ?

First off, I find your avatar suspect for anti-American sentiment.
Secondly, your signature "FBI" reinforces may assumption that all your trying to do is sensationalize a national drill.
And cast dispersions in order to cause some for of panic or rift.
No star, no flag, no way

Nothing here folks.
Move along.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well when it all goes to # over there with yellowstone , new madrid , and san andreas popping off we in Australia will be drinking beer and thinking about you

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I have to agree with you here. We can't turn a necessity into fringe conspiracy just cause it may falsely boost already existing evidence of other bad things TPTB do.

Drills must happen or we will be unprepared when the time comes. This country is no stranger to disaster, natural or otherwise. Drills are a good thing and not direct predictors of events to come. We don't need this as a predictor. **** happens, NWO or not.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Ok every body seems to be calm about this, and I am not a nervous nellie, but how does one stimulate the catastrophic nature of an earth quake where people are involved and nobody gets hurt, I mean are they gonna use stunt doubles or something, then how are they gonna validate the capabilities (as the say) in regards to mass care and citizen evactuation, and all this in real time, and in a realistic environment it say's,without using real people who are being evacuated from their homes and into their shelters?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

[iOriginally posted by Nephi1337

First off, I find your avatar suspect for anti-American sentiment.
Secondly, your signature "FBI" reinforces may assumption that all your trying to do is sensationalize a national drill.
And cast dispersions in order to cause some for of panic or rift.
No star, no flag, no way

Nothing here folks.
Move along.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

really !!!! HOW IS MY AVATAR ANTI AMERICAN ? CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS !!!!!

a national Drill that has not been show on the msm , and that mostly consist of private sector people ! go read the article

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join