It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inducing dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Normally I don't remember what I dream about. Sometimes in the course of the day I do or see something that makes me remember a dream from the night before.

Been going thru a stressful time in my life which had led to many sleepless nights. To help me sleep I turned to a generic version of Tylenol PM. I take a few before bed time and 90% of the nights I take it I have very lucid dreams I always remember after waking.

Never have nightmares but some dreams are intense. I wake up and wonder why I'm in bed. It takes a few seconds to realize I was asleep. On the rare occassion someone is in bed with me and I've taken PMs, I have been told I talk and move alot while dreaming.

Truth be told, I like the feeling. Its honestly like living a movie, only way I can describe it. I take them about an hour before I want to go to bed. Half hour later I feel them working and if I lay with eyes closed, its like there are flashes behind my eye lids..

What is causing this to happen?? Is there anything else I can do to enhance dreaming?? Id hate to depend on these dakn things to go to sleep every night...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

most hard drugs induce psychosis, so take your pick i guess

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Dude, drug induced dreams are not good, and it seems youre devolping a dependence it. I'd reccomend not taking them, and getting a prescription sleep aid.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You have to mentally over exhert your mind.

This is what I do, which most times leads to lucid dreaming....
Picture yourself crawling inside your mind into a hallway. a very long hallway. checkerboard floors, few windows. generic hallway. and picture yourself running from above. you can see yourself running.. continue this for a few FULL minutes, keep running.. you can almost feel it, you keep running in your mind and you can see yourself running and you start to get coragious and start doing different variations of running and skipping... keep running...

and suddenly...

you slip into first person view, no longer viewing down upon yourself... you become yourself.

in this dream.

Have fun!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
Dude, drug induced dreams are not good, and it seems youre devolping a dependence it. I'd reccomend not taking them, and getting a prescription sleep aid.

So if you feel as if the OP has become dependent on his current sleep aid.....do you really think he should go stronger.....aka a prescription?.......prescription sleep aid is just as likely to cause the same issues......just sayin

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

Man I would steer clear of the Tylenol Pm, unless alternative techniques have failed. I just don't trust any of those sleep aids after hearing stories of Ambien and Lunesta madness. Plus Tylenol has had 2 recalls on their products over the past couple of years.

Have you ever tried a sleep machine type device?** It's basically a bedside unit that plays nature sounds, rain, ocean and forest. They also have LFO or white noise options that many have found to be effective. Maybe try some teas or valerian root too.

Inducing dreams? I might have to google that one, but I know my best dreams come during my best nights of sleep from an exhaustive day, as well as not eating a few hours before bed. Man, that last one's tough!

Here is a good thread on various aspects of dreaming:Dreaming
Another on lucid dreaming:Lucid Dreaming
The member, Youaredreaming, has some great dream threads, Here

Peace,
spec
edit on 19-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: cuzican

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

No, not necessarily. 1) prescriptions can pinpoint the problem with minimum side effects. They can also be less powerful
2) He is using it in a way it was not intended. Its not a sleep medicine for continuous use.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the thoughts fellas...

I don't really need them to sleep but I do perfer to have something to take the edge off. I have always needed a constant sound to sleep. It was a fan until I found a sound machine app for my droid that works just as good.

I've tried the sleep tablets that do not contain the pain reliever but it does no have the same effect.

If only marijuana was legal lol

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I take 50mg diphenhydramine to sleep, which is the sleep inducing ingredient in Tylenol PM. I've had remarkably similar effects. Two lucid dreams in the past week, after about three years of either bizarre, recurring nightmares or dreams so boring I couldn't be arsed to remember them. I think it's because diph is a "deliriant antihistamine", so it puts you under pretty well and also makes your brain loopy as all get out.

Bad side is that I am pretty sure that I'm developing some sort of buildup of it in my blood, so I feel kinda...loopy, all day, forgetful, spacey, zoney. Like being stoned, without any of the fun/useful effects. On the plus side, my allergies aren't acting up as badly as they usually do this time of year. Hooray for that, I guess.

new topics

top topics

join