It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop goes Ballistic on 13 yr old Skate Boarders. (Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

if i was one of those skaters, i would deck that [SNIP] cop and do one with my buds !

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

It does not matter what the initial violation was, it became serious when they resisted arrest, and fled. You hear what the officer is charging them with, and not once does he mention skate boarding, he lists: Resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, interference with a law enforcement officer, and battery on a law enforcement officer.

The issue is not the ordinance violation, which was probably nothing more then a citation, it was all the stuff they did rather then just accept the original citation.

Oh, BTW, skate boarding is a major problem in some areas where these guys cause liability lawsuits for running into folks, and injuring themselves or others. Of course they are kids, so they have no idea what liability is actually about, but their parents certainly do when they see the opportunity to sue a public area where their child fell on a skateboard and injured themselves.

edit on 4/20/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well it can't be both ways. People always say kids spend too much time inside playing videogames and texting and going online, thats because as soon as they step out the door to do anything they are getting in trouble for everything. Everything is private property there is no parks for them to play in what do people expect? Also if the cop was cool about it and approached them like a human and not a jackass in a costume he would have gotten far better results.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
(this thread makes me wonder if any of you have actually had many dealings with cops....I know I have)

I have dealt with many cops and I have never been treated like this.
Why???
I understand who is the authority figure and who is in control....and its not me.
I agree with the cop as well and am not about to jump on the cop hating bandwagon because my experiences even when i have been guilty have been fair...but then again i don't act like a smart ass 13 year old.

I even chose to not use my rights in one instance and the cop knew it and treated me very well and I think he appreciated and showed it to me by not arresting me or even giving me a fine and i was guilty.
We even ended it with a handshake.....imagine that???

Be honest,be nice and realize you aren't in control.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

No offense, but we have had to deal with the skateboarding issue here at my work. These guys are never polite, and are quite abrasive about being allowed to perform their sport anywhere they wish. Places have enacted laws because of this due to liability factors. These guy always say: “Well we won’t sue you if we get hurt on your property”, but what they fail to mention is that they parents will happily sue people for not having safe faculties designed for skateboarding. Then there is the factor that they tend to fall on, or knock over other innocent bystanders who can also sue said facility.

If kids want to skateboard, there are specially designed locations for skateboarding. If the kids parents do not wish to be bothered to take their kids to the proper location, then I guess they can bail them out of jail or pay the associated fines, but its neither the police department or the cities fault.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I feel sad at how United States law and order pick on kiddies. Justice should go after those corrupted bankers and politicians. Children have every right to express their feelings as long as it's non-violence.

edit on 4/20/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Makes me thankful that I don't like in the states. The police you have to deal with seem much more quick-tempered and brutal than over here in the UK.

It's obvious he didn't need to use such force to stop them. Just another example of a police officer getting his adrenaline boost from the vulnerable.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

No offense, but we have had to deal with the skateboarding issue here at my work. These guys are never polite, and are quite abrasive about being allowed to perform their sport anywhere they wish. Places have enacted laws because of this due to liability factors. These guy always say: “Well we won’t sue you if we get hurt on your property”, but what they fail to mention is that they parents will happily sue people for not having safe faculties designed for skateboarding. Then there is the factor that they tend to fall on, or knock over other innocent bystanders who can also sue said facility.

If kids want to skateboard, there are specially designed locations for skateboarding. If the kids parents do not wish to be bothered to take their kids to the proper location, then I guess they can bail them out of jail or pay the associated fines, but its neither the police department or the cities fault.

The word your trying to say is duty of care. The business has a duty of care to provide its public a safe surrounding environment. If a kid falls and decides to file a claim, they will succeed because the business was negligent in exercising their duty of care.

If you owned a business and some kid decided to trip and break an ankle and sue you for grief and damages, do you think that is fair?

Sure what the cops did was excessive but do you think it would have been appropriate since they were resisting arrest?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

That's exactly what i thought and was laughing at was that fat piece of crap trying to run
Must have been that last doughnut he ate for free that slowed him down.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its not the cops fault. Its the way they are trained and instructed how to act.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Im from London, England. and if I was to see a two bob plastic police officer treating a child like that over here. Im sorry, but Mr police officer is getting a physical education with a big smile. Lose the uniform and see how tough you are mug...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Its not the cops fault. Its the way they are trained and instructed how to act.

We all have our choices as to whether to go against our morals or not. But if you don't have any to begin with, it's easy to train someone to do anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

There's something that the law alone just does not cut it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oklastatefan
I have to side with the officer. Hes outnumbered he tells the kid to stop and he doesn't. He did what he had to do to place him in custody. As for the other kids listen to the way they talk to the officer with no respect and watch as two of they run from him. It was a out of control situation and he did what he could to get it under control. This brings up another issue, Kids these days have no respect for any kind of authority.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

They are 13 years old and have every right in the world to question the officers use of force. I don't care if there are signs every 5 feet on the street saying no skateboarding, that is no reason to grip these kids up the way he did. The reason kid number 1 took off running is because he had a photo of the cop choking his buddy and new that the camera would be confiscated. He was willing to put himself in trouble to make sure "The REAL Truth" would be heard and not what the officer wrote down in his report.

Law Enforcement is incredibly important, so to be clear I am not making a broad statement against all police officers. Not surprisingly, we see and hear more bad than good. When an officer does his job right you rarely hear about it, when an officer does his job wrong, you always hear about it.

This cop and many others have no right wearing a badge and claiming that they serve the public. There should be more stress put on the requirements to be a law officer and they should be tested bi-annually (minimum) to ensure that they are psychology stable. It is his responsibility to stay calm and collected even in the case of gunfire, yet he can't even handle a few teenagers on skateboards. Seriously, people who want to defend him need a wakeup call.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm on the fence on this one.

On one hand, cops lose their cool too quickly and act like idiots and are constantly rewarded for it. This seems to be part of the problem.

On the other hand, I've seen kids like this act like gangs, pelting passers-by with insults, threats, and terrible English. I've had to knuckle down a few of these punks in my day--boy do they drop quick. This also seems to be part of the problem.

It seems to me to be a mix of problems. One person blaming one side more than the other most likely is looking to get some $$ out of the deal or push their agenda...

When you're over your head, head out!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I saw that video last year, it was pretty unbelievable, there are more similar videos on youtube. It was pretty hilarious when one of the kids runs off and the cop goes after him. This is why we have police officers? Really?

I've gotta add, it'd be nice if their was an independent group that monitored police officers to make sure this kind of excessive force doesn't happen or at the very least hopefully curtail it.
edit on 20-4-2011 by origamiandurbanism because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I totally would have cut my friend free when the cop ran off to chase that second kid (which he didn't catch). He would have come back, and been like "Huh?!"
But seriously, there is a serious epidemic of police absurdity that's plaguing this country right now. They're demonstrating a vast misuse of power, as well as tools. Did anyone see the cop last week on the news that was pepper spraying the squirrel? What ever happened to "Hey! Someone get me a box."? I know I saw a thread about the SWAT team being called out to some mother's home to make her give her kid his meds. Things are getting nasty.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yes cops can be disgusting, not all but some.

BUT I also find it disgusting how belligerent and disconnected teens have become they can be very vial, violent and just have a complete lack of respect for everything and anything.
I don't understand what is making them so apathetic.
It has gone way beyond the typical now seemingly innocent teen rebellion and has become much more severe and detrimental to themselves and those around them.

Maybe a lack of repercussion for their actions?
Bad parents?
Chemicals in foods?
Pop culture?
...or the internet?
Who knows.

As you don't really get to see why this cop acted the way he did I can't say if he was wrong or right in his actions and for the same fact I can't say that this teen is what I expressed above.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

It does not matter what the initial violation was, it became serious when they resisted arrest, and fled. You hear what the officer is charging them with, and not once does he mention skate boarding, he lists: Resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, interference with a law enforcement officer, and battery on a law enforcement officer.

The issue is not the ordinance violation, which was probably nothing more then a citation, it was all the stuff they did rather then just accept the original citation.

Oh, BTW, skate boarding is a major problem in some areas where these guys cause liability lawsuits for running into folks, and injuring themselves or others. Of course they are kids, so they have no idea what liability is actually about, but their parents certainly do when they see the opportunity to sue a public area where their child fell on a skateboard and injured themselves.

edit on 4/20/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

Please put your personal feelings toward skateboarders aside. We all "know" the law.

1)When the video starts all you see is a 13 year old CHILD on his back on the concrete getting choked by an officer of the "law".

2)The first scene is a PICTURE that was taken. Other WITNESSES arrive on the scene with a video camera. No one interferes with the officer (verbal protest is NOT interference). The CHILD on the concrete does not resist (if you are being choked or otherwise physically accosted and you move that is not resistance it is called a NATURAL REFLEX).

3)At no point does the police officer seem interested in arresting any of the CHILDREN besides the one on the ground.

3)The CHILD that took the incriminating photo says "This cop just choked him and i have a picture of it" then is told "come here" IMMEDIATELY, at which point he flees. Some will argue that he was just trying to preserve the evidence, was obviously scared and did nothing wrong to be detained/arrested in the first place. But fleeing and eluding is fleeing and eluding.

4)The police officer runs approximately THREE blocks away leaving his prisoner. The teen in handcuffs stands up and paces a 1 square yard area and even proclaims on camera that he has no intention on going ANYWHERE and never even tries to leave the scene.

5) The police officer returns from his unsuccessful chase CLEARLY upset and embarrassed and takes the arrestee down one block at which point his friends follow and watch. The officer then tries to detain a FEMALE CHILD (why?) who attempts to flee at which point the officer grabs HER around the throat in a choke hold and places HER under arrest.

6)A young boy states that she is a FEMALE and that the officer is being too rough at which point HE is grabbed in a choke hold by the same officer at the same time and placed under arrest. At this point there is a SECOND officer on the scene that does NOTHING. If it is so serious why does he not react?

7)Now EVERYONE on the scene is placed on the ground and placed under arrest for disorderly contact, resisting arrest and battery.

We never see the original CHILD resisting or fleeing nor the camera CHILD, nor the CHILD that told the officer he was being too rough on the female CHILD.

We DO see three children being choked by ONE officer. We DO see an officer ABANDON a prisoner and attempt to arrest a WITNESS (can police tamper with a witness or is that just a civilian charge?) as soon as the witness claims to have witnessed something and not a second before. All of this coupled with the fact that these are 13 year olds being stopped for skateboarding on "NATIONAL GO SKATEBOARDING DAY" just does not sit right with me and it shouldn't with you either!!

Did ANYONE see the cop get battered? (ego doesn't count!!)
edit on 4/20/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: Did ANYONE see the cop get battered? (ego doesn't count!!)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well the cop has been cleared of all charges, who would have guessed

Here is the link to the article : www.fox16.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join