It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government Printing Office Needs 350,934 National Detainee Handbooks Printed by 29 April 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
reply to post by JerryB08

Sorry OP, but my company is a Level 4 Certified GOP printer, and having done hundreds of print jobs like this, I can tell you that this is a ARMY ROTC booklet and nothing else.

Its quantity is consistent with other GOP jobs that I have done over the last 20 years, and does not stand out as anything out of the ordinary.

EVERY GOP printing job has a due date, and most of them are pushed to the limits. So again, there is no pending issue beyond April 29th that would make this some sort of clandestine, must have booklet for some unknown event.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Wouldn't suprise me one bit. Can we get the content posted here? Should be a good read regardless doom lackage.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The text from page one of the document -

INTRODUCTION
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement
(ICE), Office ofDetention and Removal Operations (DRO) is currently detaining you pending the
outcome ofyour immigration removal case. It is our responsibility to ensure that you are housed in
an environment that is safe and clean and that your daily needs are met while you are in ICE custody.
The purpose of this handbook is to provide you with an overview ofthe general rules, regulations,
policies, and procedures that we require you to follow while you arein ICE custody. The handbook
will also provide an overview ofthe programs and services available while you are residing in this ICE
approved facility.
In addition to this handbook, the facility where you are being detained will provide a local detainee
handbook (referred to as a local supplement), which should address all ofyour day-to-day concerns.
We request that you become familiar with the contents ofboth handbooks, as you will be expected to
comply with these rules while you are detained in this facility.
If you lose your copy of this handbook, you may request a replacement copy fi'om the facility staff.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
It is ICE's policy to treat detainees with dignity and respect, while maintaining a safe, secure, and
sanitary detention facility. To assist us with maintaining a safe, secure, and sanitary facility, please
cooperate with our staff in the following respects:
1. Familiarize yourselfwith all rules, policies, and procedures ofthe facility where you are detained,
as we will expect you to comply accordingly.
2. Comply with directions given by staffmembers and contract security personnel.
3. Be respectful towards staff and other detainees.
4. Be respectful of government property, facility property, and the property ofother detainees.
5. Try to maintain yourself, your clothing, and your living area in a clean condition.
6. When addressing our staff, please refer to staffmembers by their title and last name (i.e., Doctor
Jones, Officer Smith, Nurse Clark) or refer to staffby Mr., Mrs., or Ms., followed by their last
name.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. You have the right to be informed of the rules, procedures, and schedules concerning the
operation of the facility where you are detained.
You have the responsibility to know them and abide by them.
2. You have the right to freedom ofreligious affiliation, and to voluntary religious worship that does
not detrimentally affect others or the good order and security ofthe facility.
You have the responsibility to recognize and respect the rights of other religious groups or
beliefs·

I used an OCR Reader so not all correct. Some of you seem to be talking about something completely different than the article is about.

I don't get a conspiracy here. Where is it?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thanks, but no reason to be condescending. We're here to speculate on the unknown and constantly dig in hopes of discovering who was close.

Given our government's behavior I can't say such speculation was uncalled for. You just wait and see what we have to say when 30 million "my prison diary"s are printed.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well, if you reeeeeeally want a conspiracy based upon what you have given.

This document is apparently specific to those who will be 'detained' (which is different from prisoners how?) Presumably, the order of 350,000 copies of this: www.scribd.com... ; indicates that an exercise is underway, but I doubt that a public bid would be part of an 'exercise' because it is a legal invitation to expend private resources in pursuit of a government contract.

The ratio of English to Spanish copies is shy of 2 to 1. Assuming any subsequent orders were similarly proportioned, does that mean that for every Spanish-speaking detainee there will be two English speaking detainees? Perhaps it means that there will be 2 guards for every Spanish-speaking detainee? I don't know.

But based upon such suppositions, a conspiracy involving the prison industry (a subsidiary of the military industrial complex) is not out of the question.... of course it will presumably create jobs.... that's good, no?

Sorry.. but you asked.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join