It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government Printing Office Needs 350,934 National Detainee Handbooks Printed by 29 April 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

If you are NOT from British decent and born there, you are deported immediately.

If only!!

I would pretend to be of Australian descent and hope for my free pass to the Sunshine coast!

But seriously, this is freaky... Quite a lot of money to spend for a government which is broke huh? Or why spend it?
350k seems a drop in the ocean in terms of the US population and prison population;

With more than 2.3 million people behind bars, the United States leads the world in both the number and percentage of residents it incarcerates, leaving far-more-populous China a distant second, according to a study by the nonpartisan Pew Center on the States.

Source

So who do you think that this is REALLY for???

It would not be hard to make this amount of people in America to "disappear" like the rapture huh?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by eaglewingz

No, they're going all over the country. From Miami to Seattle and all points in-between. You can find a spreadsheet with all the destinations and quantities in this PDF.

maps.google.com...

So the question is how closely these destinations line up with the "FEMA camps"

I started to do an analysis of a few states and, while not covering every camp location in each state I looked at, is pretty close. Anybody have the time and inclination to do a more thorough analysis?

Locations getting the most:

English:
Tacoma, WA 22,000
Pompano Beach, FL 12,000
Los Angeles 9,000
Florence, AZ 8,000
York, PA 8000
Houston, TX 8000
Atlanta, GA 8000
Miami Fl 7000
Burlington, MA 6000

Spanish:
Houston, TX 35,000
Tacoma, WA 30,000
Los Angeles 18,000
Pampano Beach, FL 15,000
York, PA 15,000
Florence, AZ 14,000
Miami, FL 13,000
Eloy, AZ 10,500

(Eloy and Florence are 35 mi apart)
(Pompano Beach and Miami are 34 mi apart)
edit on 20-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: Added numbers

Oh just great, why Pompano?! Theres almost nothing here!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am aware of the exercise for New Madrid. I am actually rather glad that FEMA conducts these types of "wargames". My aversion to government aside at least they are doing the job they have been asked to do. That being said, if this is an exercise why do you actually NEED the printed materials? If you are just war gaming why do you need to actually print the books and distribute them? Does it not suffice to put out the RFP and simulate the actual printing and distribution based on the respondents reply to the RFP?
Very intresting stuff when put together with the other New Madrid info.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Sigh... and I thought *I* was paranoid.

These booklets are used for police when they arrest non-English speaking suspects. They explain their Miranda rights, etc.

Also.. FEMA CONDUCTS EXERCISES EVERY YEAR!

The people who whine about FEMA are the same ones that bitched about FEMA not being prepared for Katrina.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Ok I just looked at the map and saw Reese AFB outside of Lubbock, TX on there, and I have to say that is absolute baloney. I live about 6 miles from the AFB and will assure everyone all it is now is a business park for a few local businesses, a pretty nice golf course, housing development, and a secondary campus for a local Jr. College. Oh and the runways are used by area RC plane enthusiasts... not a whole lot going on out there.

en.wikipedia.org...

Officially closed in 1997. Interesting wiki article and a short read.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The problem with all of this is that we know that prisons are big business. There probably aren't enough real criminals out there to make a buck off of so they've exploited the drug war to artificially inflate the prison population with people involved in victimless but illegal drugs.

They've pretty much tapped that resource out so now what is going to be their next scam? Obviously they have a plan to round up another batch of victims, mostly Latinos. What will be the excuse they use this time??

They aren't doing all this planning for nothing. They must be close to the implementation phase. The prison economy is about to hit boom times once more, this time thanks to Homeland Security.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Sigh... and I thought *I* was paranoid.

These booklets are used for police when they arrest non-English speaking suspects. They explain their Miranda rights, etc.

These are for informing spanish speaking persons of their rights...

Ignoring the fact that it's growing SOP to have enforcement personnel not only ignorant of actual rights, but in direct opposition to those rights, are the english language prints for who then? Non-english speaking officers who are imprisoning english speaking citizens?

On another note, did anyone in a position to reply to this RFP go get the print materials so we can get a scan of their actual contents?

edit on 20-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nefarious

Good idea. I wish I could rightfully apply. But I can't, and the act in and of itself could backfire.

--------

I'm surprised at the forced reintroduction of the "Katrina/FEMA preparations" meme herein. I am shocked that people think FEMA had anything to do with the actions (or non-actions) around the post-Katrina debacle.

There was a plan....we paid for it ... FEMA OK'd it ..... DHS insisted upon it .... the Bush administration had contracted out evacuation planning to a corporation, IEM, Innovative Emergency Management. It was paid for by the tax-payers...... it turned out there was no 'actual' plan it seems.... they 'innovated' from the hip.

See "Big Easy to Big Empty" - it's quite a collection of evidence. Also, check out www.abovetopsecret.com... for some excellent discussion....

So, saying that this is what it takes to be prepared (namely, to be prepared to arrest over a quarter of a million people) seems rather ... uh .... disconnected. Is there an opposite of "paranoia"? .... Hmmmm......

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Not sure if this is related but it stood out to me since I was just reading a conspiracy thread about the royal wedding.

The wedding takes places on April 29th. There is some suspicion that terrorist attacks or false flag events will occur during the wedding.

Then I noticed the due date for these handbooks is no later than April 29th.

I wonder if the government is expecting ripple effects over here due to whatever they know will happen in England during the wedding?

Not sure of course but I like throwing coincidences out there when I spot them.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Full-spectrum antonyms to paranoid: lamb (a bit of a cliche these days, though), credulous, innocuous, naive

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Sorry OP, but my company is a Level 4 Certified GOP printer, and having done hundreds of print jobs like this, I can tell you that this is a ARMY ROTC booklet and nothing else.

Its quantity is consistent with other GOP jobs that I have done over the last 20 years, and does not stand out as anything out of the ordinary.

EVERY GOP printing job has a due date, and most of them are pushed to the limits. So again, there is no pending issue beyond April 29th that would make this some sort of clandestine, must have booklet for some unknown event.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by EssenceOfSilence

The 2000 U.S. Census indicates that Louisiana has an Hispanic population of 107,738—making Hispanics the third largest ethnic group in the state. Over the past five years, however, many Louisiana residents have begun to notice growing numbers of Mexicans and Central Americans in their cities and towns

YAY Louisiana! That certainly would explain all the Burritto Buses driving around town.

In regards to the handbooks, however, It's interesting that they choose that date. Another thread I just read points to that date as being significant for other reasons, and predicts a possible San Francicso earthquake.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

notice how their going to ICE officials ..?

and just an added thought.. What if-- the 350,000 booklets are ,,one per building/housing unit...

wow i just scared myself

edit on 4/20/11 by darrman because: had to adjust spellllinglish

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

eh helloooo? maybe the fema camps in that area can only hold 350.000 detainees?
just sayin...and if this was all for an excersise...then couldnt they just use pieces of paper? rather than wasting YET more money on getting handbooks printed off for no reason? ...im not buying it....there is definately something going on.....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Sorry OP, but my company is a Level 4 Certified GOP printer, and having done hundreds of print jobs like this, I can tell you that this is a ARMY ROTC booklet and nothing else.

Its quantity is consistent with other GOP jobs that I have done over the last 20 years, and does not stand out as anything out of the ordinary.

EVERY GOP printing job has a due date, and most of them are pushed to the limits. So again, there is no pending issue beyond April 29th that would make this some sort of clandestine, must have booklet for some unknown event.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

well wasnt that handy?..us having an actual GOP printer on here.....small word huh?

let me see next thread that gets made about comet elenin...u will be an astronomer right? LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Oh just great, why Pompano?! Theres almost nothing here!

There's nothing in Eloy or Florence either (actually Florence houses the State Prison, a transfer facility for California prisoners, and a shiny new DHS prison) Drove through there once for work. Nothing but prisons, prisons, prisons.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Those are for detained Illegal Immigrants. The government orders in bulk to save money. Printing in bulk is way cheaper than doing it piecemeal. That really is not that many of these considering how many Illegals they deal with a year.

Thinking that means anything is a bit paranoid is it not? I actually took the time to read the document. It's very clearly for Illegal Immigrant detainees.

I have printing done for my business all the time. Printing in bulk can cut the price in half or more per unit. I'd be pissed if they did not order in bulk.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Not sure if this is related but it stood out to me since I was just reading a conspiracy thread about the royal wedding.

The wedding takes places on April 29th. There is some suspicion that terrorist attacks or false flag events will occur during the wedding.

Then I noticed the due date for these handbooks is no later than April 29th.

I wonder if the government is expecting ripple effects over here due to whatever they know will happen in England during the wedding?

Not sure of course but I like throwing coincidences out there when I spot them.

Don't forget the EXTREMELY high-profile shuttle launch scheduled for the same day.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Holy crap! Just checking in for a minute but will check it out later! Wow.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The 29th is the shuttle launch...coincidence, I am sure...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join