It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I fear will happen to surrendering Iraqi soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
A few years after the Gulf War, I worked with a guy that was a soldier during the war. He was in charge of a group of Hummers that would scout before the tanks rolled through.

He told me that he got word from some other groups of scouts in the area that the Iraqis would wave white flags and then attack. Sound familiar.

Anyway, he told me that they saw an Iraqi tank that was hit with by a missle and they thought it was disabled. There were Iraqi soldiers around it waving flags of surrender. My friend turned to the gunner and asked him "Do you see those flags?" the gunner replied "no". "Neither do I" replied my friend and all of the Hummers opened fire on the tank and killed them all.

When he told me this story I was shocked, I couldn't understand why he would do that. I think I understand now but I still think it's wrong.

War is a dirty business.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
once the enemy displays such tactics, in a combat situation, you just can't wait till they hit you first... You said it though...war is ugly. Think about it this way though. It was their choice to give up the right of surrender. Had they not employed such tactics, those soldiers would be getting medical attention, food and shelter, instead of being rotting corpses in the desert. It was their choice...they chose poorly...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It shows just the things that CNN is not showing,
USA is doing the same as irakies or even more dirty,
that is for sure, but that story is too much, i wish
i�ve could have seen that happening in the other side,
US soldiers with white flags and irakies shooting no mercy, and that get it in CNN, u will see american blowing up next day for their troops!! what an unjustice!
what a terrorist!
But u read that and u get comments like "they diserve it"
or "who cares about that stupid muslim"
Americans there u have your democracy and free speech and justice! GET RID OF HIPOCRISY !!

Btw jms88 thx for the post, at least someone is looking
into the other side!!

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Now I see. This answers the question to my post then. They are NOT being set free?

new topics

top topics

join