It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Prepares To Introduce Plastic Money

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the announcement that US penny and nickel coins will start being minted from plastic or steel.

The melt value of the metals in the nickel already far exceed the face value, and the zinc penny is getting close. The pre-82 cents already lap the face value by a factor of around three.

www.coinflation.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Just do without them - we've already gotten rid of 1c & 5c pieces - no problem at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by larphillips

Just do without them - we've already gotten rid of 1c & 5c pieces - no problem at all.

Are you in New Zealand? I disagree that there have been no problems... there were massive price rises, which have not mattered to the comparatively wealthy, but to those living on the brink, as I have been since the 1980s, it has mattered a lot!
Got not gotten if you're a New Zealander by the way..
Vicky

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
First step in putting RFID chips into the bank notes?

Hitachi Ltd. has developed a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip that requires no external antenna and makes possible the embedding of tracking and identification chips in bank notes, tickets and other paper products.

1984 is in the works and has been for several decades. Reptilian overlord from NIBURU HAIL WORM WOOD

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
new innovation?!!?
Arrrgh!No! I want to barter chickens and cows!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I welcome it, I'm just a little weary of this microchip thing....Something fishy about that thing....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join