It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you tell your children about 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

PS - Consider another aspect of reality related to EXPERTS WITH DEGREES. In 1995 there were 200,000,000 cars in the United States. Don't cars wear out? Doesn't that mean those cars DEPRECIATE? Doesn't that mean the NET WORTH of the consumers that bought those cars went down. When do you ever hear about how much Americans lose on the depreciation of automobiles every year? What about ALL OF THE AUTOMOBILES IN THE WORLD? Physics works the same way all over the planet. Plenty of experts with degrees take for granted that they can leave out whatever information they want but are supposed to be believed because they are EXPERTS.

Wow, you seem to have the same keen grasp of macroeconomics as you do physics. Yes cars depreciate. All depreciate at different rates, yes their value becomes discounted over time (noting of course that over a long enough timeline they can again appreciate, depending on condition, make and model). We all know this, we all know how much we spend. We know it can vary greatly from person to person. We don't talk about it on a regular basis for the same reason that we don't talk about how water has been found to be wet and that birds fly. Its called common knowledge and does not need to be re-invetned constantly.

Yes, I do believe the "experts". Kind of silly not to, but then again you are in the original situation where you either believe all the experts are in on it or they are all dumber than you. Being that the world keeps moving forward and progress is being recorded it is quite obvious that the "experts" are onto something.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
All depreciate at different rates, yes their value becomes discounted over time (noting of course that over a long enough timeline they can again appreciate, depending on condition, make and model).

This is getting off topic and that is why I put it as a POST SCRIPT.

But the only reason a TINY PERCENTAGE can appreciate is because THE VAST MAJORITY got scrapped and depreciated to ZERO.

The old "exception proves the rule" but you try to prove the reverse with it.
Brilliant!

psik

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

I'd tell them that Muslims did it.

I'd also caution them that people who think they are smart or qualified can be easily duped, and that the majority of folk don't seem to understand that fire is a destructive force. Strange, but true.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Cool thing is there your kids tell them what you want. im on the idea tell them both sides let them make there own ideas up right. its all speculation unless you were on the demo team aye

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
How do schools handle the subject?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I tell them that that was the day that our governments declared all out war on us ordinary people.
Oil rules and people are expendable just as long as "they" get their greedy hands on the black gold.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I educate them and tell them the truth, which is that very bad International Bankers are doing really bad things to the human race, and that our leaders, paramilitary work for them not us. They're also being educated about the nuclear war that is being conducted on humanity, Japan, HAARP.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
How do schools handle the subject?

ROFL

If the schools were handling the subject this grade school physics nonsense would have been settled in SIX MONTHS.

Do skyscrapers have to hold themselves up or not?

Does every level have to be strong enough to support all of the weight above or not?

So did the designers have to figure out how much steel to put on every level or not?

Did the steel have to hold up the concrete or not?

So how many tons of steel and tons of concrete were on every level? Why isn't that easily available after NINE YEARS and why doesn't everybody understand its importance? No let's talk about cell phone calls. No let's talk about faked video. No let's talk about the jumpers. No let's talk about what Silverstein meant by PULLED. No, let's talk about the Illuminati. No, let's talk about the Bilderbergers No, let's talk about Martin Sheen.

How many other things that don't relate to whether or not an airliner could obliterate a 400,000+ ton building in less than an hour can we talk about?

psik

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Well that would be more of a topic for a university or College in a related field. I was more wondering how the subject is being handled in history class, if at all.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Well that would be more of a topic for a university or College in a related field. I was more wondering how the subject is being handled in history class, if at all.

And I said GRADE SCHOOL PHYSICS. At this point the history is about how the nation that put men on the Moon let this drag on so long.

The US should be laughed at for the next 1000 years.

psik

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I tell my children that there are very greedy and very bad people in the world. 911 was a result of these people.
Who they were doesn't matter. My children still get the lesson that human nature has an incredibly dark side. Whatever the 'truth" is.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think that it's important that events described to children are appropriate for their age.

If young people ask about 911 you could just say some bad people did something very bad.

Teenagers... you could fill in some details but you don't want them questioning so much that they drop out of school etc.

Adults, let them read ATS and decidee for themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
This creates a very unique and delicate situation when dealing with the minds of children, and I'm not really confident in any particular course of action. Honesty, I was always told, is the best policy. However, its more than obvious that the gov't operates on the complete opposite assumption. So, I'm curious as to how other members approach the situation. Any participation in this thread is greatly appreciated.

There is literally nothing you can tell them that some other conspiracy theorist won't take exception to. You can even say the gov't brought the towers down by controlled demolitions and someone or another will come out of the woodwork lambasting you that you're feeding your children lies becuase they were really brought down by Israeli lasers from outer space. You know that and so do I.

The only thing you can do is tell them what we absolutely know, in that four planes were hijacked by Islamic fundamentalists and used in a monstrous terrorist attack. If someday more information comes out on how the planes everyone saw really were holograms, all you can do is tell them you didn't know about it any more than anyone else did.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What HAVE I told my children about 911?
Well, first, that their federal government is a criminal organization. That there is ample proof that they are a criminal organization. And, as such, that they are very willing and capable of sacrificing innocent people for profits for a very few.
I tell them that the details of whom did it exactly are not important, because the lies are simply TOO many, and the liars TOO numerous.
I encourage them to understand that there are good people in the world, but the Clintons, the Bushes, and the criminals they hang with are not among that group. I encourage them to recognize real heroes when they see them, and they are rarely the ones anyone talks about. The heroes that try to do the right thing, like all of the firemen on 911 that the government sacrificed.
Truth is truth, lies are lies. That is what I told them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join