It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member with question about weird building in Princeton NJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Howdy folks,

I finally took the plunge after lurking here for a while. I'd been closely following the birds that had been falling out of the sky since new years eve, and ATS was one of the few places on the internet that was looking at multiple explanations of the phenomena - and the ATS community has provided me with beautiful maps and collections of data. (My own thought it that the initial fall in Beene Arkensas was likely precipitated by a gas explosion - either from the nearby fracking wells, or from the freight train lines that run through town.)

I finally signed up because I passed by a building the other day, and can't figure out what it is - and I was hoping you could steer me towards some information. The building I'm curious about is a big boring looking thing in Princeton, NJ that has a sad cold-war feel about it. It's near several energy research facilities. maps.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

It's the trident shaped building next to Princeton Power Systems. Heck, it may be part of PPS. It might actually be something very boring, but since it's unlabeled on google maps, I'm now even more curious about what it could be.

Thank you for your help, and I'm looking forward to joining the conversations in these parts.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by f14tomcat

Hi! Do you have a photo of the building? The link wasn't very helpful for me.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hello f14tomcat and Welcome to ATS! enjoy your stay, I'm sure someone here will know what your mystery building is Cheers coco

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Hi Kyred,

Sorry, I don't have a picture. I was in a rush when I drove past it, otherwise I would have stopped and tried to figure out what the heck it is. It has teal panels on the front, and looks like an unloved campus engineering building from the 1950s - except that it is MASSIVE. The size of a hospital. And all the buildings nearby are so spiffy and high tech.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Hi Coco,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I love your avatar. I'm trying to make mine something less blinding.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Welcome f14tomcat, good to have you here with us.

As for your question, the trident shaped building is actually Sarnoff Corporation. The company is now actually part of SRI International. Apparently there have been many developments there such as color television, CMOS integrated circuit technology, and electron microscopy.
It seems to me they were just an electric company, however, now that they're actually integrated with SRI International there may be more going on behind the scenes. SRI International is known for conducting research outside of the mainstream on things like clairvoyance, ESP, or psychokinesis.

Some pics of the building exterior:

Hope that helps shed a little more light.
edit on 19-4-2011 by OsmosCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I found an aerial view from bing maps

make sure you view it in "Bird's eye" Mode (click "road" on the top right)

www.bing.com... ZS0xOC44Njk4NTc3ODglN2UxMS4zMTM2MDYwNDU3NTYyJTdlLTE1Ni44NTgxMzkwMzg=
edit on 19-4-2011 by sm0k3 because: spelling

edit on 19-4-2011 by sm0k3 because: fixed link... kinda

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OsmosCosmos

Hooray! Thank you OsmosCosmos! Wow, they do all kinds of remote sensing and surveillance work. That's about as exciting as they come. Thanks! Princeton, NJ is proving to be one heck of a town.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yes indeed. Let me know if you find out anything interesting. Sounds like you have a thorough investigation going on there.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Hi f14tomcat, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

top topics

join