It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive video of rockslide on to road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I just saw this in the Billings Gazette from Billings, Montana. The video was shot in Lovell, Wyoming apparently very recently..probably yesterday, April 18, 2011.

It appears there's already a small slide on the road where the guy starts filming from, and then a much larger slide begins. Personally, I think this guy might have seen where a small slide had been, and then "helped" the larger one occur. The Wyoming Department of Transportation has issued a rock slide advisory for this area.

Whether this slide had any "help" or not, it's still really impressive footage of the power of a rock slide.

edit on 19-4-2011 by webpirate because: classified

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
THAT WAS THE COOLEST FUNNIEST MOST AMAZING THING I'VE EVER SEEN ON YOUTUBE!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

The guys excitement there kills me!!
It damn near killed him too!!!!

It's that excitement though that leads me to believe the slide might not have fully been natural. Almost as if he expected it to happen.....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! Funny you should mention him creating the landslide... HE PROBABLY DID!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No way one guy could have helped that rock slide without explosives, I think that weather there did all the work, he was just in the right place at the right time. Definitely one for the books.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Even if he didn't, it's still impressive that he caught as much of it on video as he did. It looks like it came really really close to getting him, but he still got almost all of it recorded.

But I was thinking the weather still did most of it, but my thoughts were he possibly still could have thrown a few stones back up there that had already slid, before the video starts and that's what helped to set off the larger slide.
edit on 19-4-2011 by webpirate because: Linear thought process....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It would be stupid to try to make a rockslide. It could have killed him.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
WOW !! very cool on the spot stuff

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm saying it was merely his anticipation that created the rock slide!!

new topics

top topics

join