It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean gets 2 years in jail for retwitting pro-NKorea information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And SKorea is our ally and supposed to be ``free``... of course you'll never hear anything from the US-Canada-Japan, any ally of SKorea about this law...

Man convicted of retweeting pro-N. Korean materials

A South Korean man has been convicted of relaying materials from a pro-North Korean Web site through Twitter, in the first violation of the National Security Law involving retweeted messages, officials said Tuesday.

The 55-year-old man, identified only by his last name Cho, drew a two-year jail term, suspended for three years, on charges of retweeting contents from North Korea's official Web site, Uriminzokkiri, to about 3,000 followers from August to December last year.

Freedom of speech? An enemy of the state in SKorea, apparently.

We should tell them straight to repeal that law or we will withdraw troops because they are not better than NKorea on freedom of speech.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Would you want South Korea to become like North Korea?
I wouldn't now!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
Would you want South Korea to become like North Korea?
I wouldn't now!

I just knew someone would say something like that. Yeah this law was passed to jail ``NKorean sympathizers`` and pro-communist people...

But guess what, they are in every country. It's just nature. People will believe in all sorts of things. Making it illegal won't change this.

Restricting freedom of speech is way more dangerous in a free society than a few pro-NKorean people retwitting bad 1950 communist propaganda.

join