It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waco Massacre

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RufusDriftwood

reply to post by RufusDriftwood

I totally agree with BOTH your priors posts. Sorry if in my haste to expose Koresh that I wasn't emphatic enough with consternation of government overstepping it's bounds. Your nail analogy was well stated. And I do agree, with your concept that those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
I suppose I just didn't agree with tone in OP.

edit on 19-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HabaneroPepper

The Waco event opened my eyes and showed me that our government is just a bunch of THUGS. As a naive teenager at the time I could not believe something like this could happen in my own country. It was one of the first times I realized that most people will just believe what they are told by the news. If the "idiot box" says it's true, then it must be true. I will not say Koresh was a saint, but I do not believe he was guilty of any of the alleged claims made against him.
Our government sent us a message that if we do not like what you are doing we will squash you like a bug.
ATF killed women and children, bottom line. I remember seeing with my own two eyes news footage of a Bradley tank shooting fire into the compound on LIVE T.V. I've been looking for that footage for years, but I guess it was put down the memory hole. This clip was the closest one I could find, I think the "official" analysis determined that it was sheetrock reflecting off the sun to give the illusion of appearing to be fire. Yeah, right.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by HabaneroPepper

Wouldn't that make any wars that it has participated since then constitutionally illegal?
edit on 4/20/2011 by maria_stardust because: Large nested quote removed and replaced with "reply to" tag.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by chr0naut

Well that is exactly right. It has been said time and again that the ongoing wars in current motion are illegal.

Example:

the Consitution requires Congressional approval to go to war does it not? And yet, Obama, unilaterally used the UN Articles and charters to " side step " Congress.

Obama used Article 41-43 as his means to go to Libya.

Article 41:

The Security Council may decide what measures not involving the use of armed force are to be employed to give effect to its decisions, and it may call upon the Members of the United Nations to apply such measures. These may include complete or partial interruption of economic relations and of rail, sea, air, postal, telegraphic, radio, and other means of communication, and the severance of diplomatic relations.

Article 42:

Should the Security Council consider that measures provided for in Article 41 would be inadequate or have proved to be inadequate, it may take such action by air, sea, or land forces as may be necessary to maintain or restore international peace and security. Such action may include demonstrations, blockade, and other operations by air, sea, or land forces of Members of the United Nations.

www.un.org...

The above was the foundation, or template if you will.

But then, he used the USC to hos advantage.

USC § 287d.

The President shall not be deemed to require the authorization of the Congress to make available to the Security Council on its call in order to take action under article 42 of said Charter and pursuant to such special agreement or agreements the armed forces,

law.justia.com...

This whole thing was a sham.
edit on 4/20/2011 by maria_stardust because: Large nested quote removed and replaced with "reply to" tag.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Shouldn't trust any major news organisation especially CNN.

- Quite good documentary.
www.channel4.com...
+
Bill Hicks was there.

So from what I can tell the sex with underage girls was consensual - the were 14, if you live in some middle eastern countries majority of women are married by this age.

-
They have to make him look like a bad guy to continue the whole narrative of government - good guys, everyone - bad guys.

edit on 9-1-2012 by RebellionOutlaw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join