It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Will Regulate Ice Makers To Save Climate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
OK, someone tell me if I am wrong about this. What this really boils down to is if you buy a refrigerator with an ice maker you will be charged an "ice maker tax". That is what I am getting out of this. It is nothing more than a way to hide a new tax.

Na the government is not that smart.

They will charge a tax on all refrigerators and those of us without ice makers will have to subsidize the one with,

There are a number of refrigerators that can have the icemaker retrofitted after the sale and under the table.
so the government will charge the tax on everyone just to stop cheating.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I'm not supporting the taxes - not any taxes. I'm merely illustrating that the government has the means already to simply implement this, should they wish to. They don't need to make love to every issue and perceived problem, most of which, even to the extent that they are legitimate problems, they have actually no business getting engaged in.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
There are a number of refrigerators that can have the icemaker retrofitted after the sale and under the table.

Psst! Over here! I've got a trunk load of black market ice makers. I can make you a really good deal.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
First of all....Nope. Can't say that. It would violate T&C.

Okay... No. That would get an "Extreme T&C Violation" message.

How about... Um, that would definitely invite a post ban.

I've had a bad day and this is how I've felt at least 15 times today where I wanted to respond but couldn't without getting banned. I can say that there are too many idiots parroting the virtues of an all powerful central government which (now imagine the bunnies and unicorns and rainbows as I say this) is altruistic and here to protect us from everything including our families, friends, work, and even ourselves....yay! No more responsibility, effort, or intellect required. yay!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

The really awesome thing is that someone WILL invent an ice maker that uses 100x less energy and doesn't fall in to the category of being taxed. The government will then block their patents, and tie them up in court until their eyes bleed to prevent anyone from touching their new lucrative revenue source. The government needs USD sinks to pull USD out of circulation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join