It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Warning to Tokyo

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
..sure, you can copy it over.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thanks. Perhaps we should call it QuakeLegs.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Another 5.0 34 miles NNE of Tokyo. Depth is 32 miles.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 26-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

That was the only one I clearly felt today. It was in Tskuba, North East of Tokyo in Ibaraki where there have been many earthquakes.

Today I felt for several hours a weak but firm hopping. This is just how it feels when you are idling in a car with a powerful engine.

Please note that Indonesia and Mexico have just had strong earthquakes. It isn't clear on the damage or injured.

In the last 6 years, earthquakes in the ring of fire have been very deadly in many places. In the last 3 months especially.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

Yep, here is the latest scene as the USGS sees it:

But here is a map as the JMA sees it, from 4-19 to 4-26, mag=3.0+

So no wonder you feel "swaying". There have been quite a few smaller quakes in Tokyo itself, just being barely felt, but present. 3.0 is on the threshold of human detection. So depending on depth and intensity, you are probably feeling some, and not feeling others.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here is something very interesting.

Is there a link between tornadoes and earthquakes?

This is a very rare occurrence that a tornado should touch down on Japanese land. I have also noticed the extremely harsh tornadoes, storms and flooding in the U.S. at this time.

holyfirejapan.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Regarding the `Quake Legs` after the big one...and after the subsuequent aftershocks....well, I am totally with you.
I have become so sensitive that sometimes I almost feel them before they come....and then - I get the confirmation from the alarm on my phone telling me that in fact there has been an EQ somewhere in the country, even though really far away.

Even tonight, when the 5+ one came, I was at a restaurant and told the person I was sitting with that it was shaking and that there was an EQ....She didn`t feel anything, the people around us - same. It took them all about 30 seconds or more to start saying `jishin, jishin` (EQ, EQ which is what they all say here when things start rocking!!)

Anotherh thing I want to add is that I totally disapprove of all the bashing True American gets on this site.
TA is just putting forward well thought and studied facts. I sincerely DO NOT believe that he wrote this thread to get stars and flags, nor to make a crazy prediction and even less to create a fearmongering post.

Maybe, OK, the title of the thread should have been worded slightly differently - but what difference does it make. By reading it, you know that it`s plainly facts and info (actually something to learn from) and not just a stupid, unfounded prediction.

I personally check this post numerous times a day. I learn things from TA that not even the Jap govt will tell you, and there`s a reasoning behind all his posts.

It keeps me informed, on the alert, prepared. I have spoken to so many Japanese people, telling them about a possible EQ in the Tokai region, in the very near future. I have told them about the fact that these EQs are moving south, etc....They listen, laugh it off, have another beer and that`s the end of it...

There is so much evidence now...There are so many articles written about the probabilities of this Tokai EQ.
It`s interesting to see how so many people just choose to ignore....

edit on 26-4-2011 by Sarahko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ok, well this one I am not sure about. Why? Cause it appears that the JMA doesn't even have it, at the time of this post. It's a 4.6 that just occurred in a new area, to the east of the juncture, circled here in red:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I have not been able to corroborate that quake by either time or location anywhere so far on JMA's site. It wouldn't be the first time though that has happened, and things do get updated sometimes hours later.

So I don't know why.

But if correct, and the USGS has that location right, it spells further bad news. That is a rare location even in the historical seismicity charts on USGS:
neic.usgs.gov...

As you can see, there appears to be some kind of area there along the north/south line that is "immune" from quakes. Or at least since 1900. And that means that area is likely under a very long term pressure buildup. Either that or it is pinned so tightly that quakes just do not occur there much at all. Let's hope it is the latter.

These quakes need to stop spreading to new areas around that zone. Or Tokyo is in trouble.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Interesting tidbit I came across while looking for that earlier NHK report... its not the one I saw before, but related

Experts: Quakes increased before March 11 disaster

xperts say increased seismic activities in the Pacific Ocean in recent years may have been a sign of the massive quake of March 11th.

The Coordinating Committee for Earthquake Prediction, which consists of experts from universities and research institutes, met on Tuesday to discuss last month's quake and tsunami. A Tohoku University research group said seismic activities started to increase off eastern prefectures from Miyagi to Ibaraki about 3 years before the massive quake.

Nagoya University Professor Koshun Yamaoka said research by a national institute shows that the focuses of small quakes in the 2 days before March 11th gradually moved closer to the focus of the massive earthquake.

Professor Yamaoka said these seismic activities may have been an indicator of the mega-quake that followed.

The Geospatial Information Authority of Japan said coastal areas of Miyagi and Chiba prefectures sank during the huge quake, but some rose 5 to 8 centimeters afterwards. The authority said tectonic plates have continued to shift since the massive quake.

CCEP Vice Deputy Chairman and Tohoku University Graduate School Professor Toru Matsuzawa told reporters that relatively big earthquakes struck off Japan's northeast during a short period in the past, but the huge quake was beyond prediction. He said his group will closely monitor seismic activities and tectonic movements.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 06:29 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

So they were seeing build up signs moving closer to the epicenter for three years...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
This is a very rare occurrence that a tornado should touch down on Japanese land. I have also noticed the extremely harsh tornadoes, storms and flooding in the U.S. at this time.

Here in Vegas the weather has been colder than normal and last night my house was shaking and howling from a wind storm. We have had more rain so far this year than the last 18 years combined. Weather all over the world is going wacky, even a snow fall a couple days ago in Toronto...

I think all the weather patterns, the increase in mega quakes, the animal die offs, the huge releases of methane around the world, the speeding up of the magnetic pole shift, the holes in the magnetosphere, the lowest ever solar wind and the general solar system wide 'global warming' are all somehow connected.

Don't ask me how yet though
but Mother Earth is restless and NOT happy

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well there's two observations I can speculate on from that article:

1)

Nagoya University Professor Koshun Yamaoka said research by a national institute shows that the focuses of small quakes in the 2 days before March 11th gradually moved closer to the focus of the massive earthquake.

Ok, so if that's the case, and this area is prone to exhibit this kind of forewarning, then what does that say about the potential for this and my other thread to be right on target? I'd say pretty good. The focus on the south side of the quakes is clearly spreading and moving towards the SSZ. But I don't need to qualify it further. It's what's been happening.

2) If we "zoomed out" on a geologic time scale to even a mere 1000 years, who knows what that could mean for all the activity around the ring of fire! As I have postulated before, the huge activity could signify something apocalyptic to happen in the (not too distant?) future. An impending major plate move. YES I said 2000 foot waves. YES I said no survivors in Japan and possibly not many anywhere else either.

/imagination. BACK into the cavern you go. *smack*

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
/imagination. BACK into the cavern you go. *smack*

If the brown smelly stuff hits the rotary blades... Plan B
Cave are cold and damp and drafty... I prefer my creature comforts

edit on 26-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I've been watching the patters of earthquakes of over a 3+ for the last month and if smaller ones buildup to bigger ones then Mexico, Arkansas and California are in trouble next.

Japan is still in trouble. Maybe not this time, but soon..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
I've been watching the patters of earthquakes of over a 3+ for the last month and if smaller ones buildup to bigger ones then Mexico, Arkansas and California are in trouble next.

Well, this article was more specific in that the activity moved TOWARDS the epicenter of the 9+. But over several years. And only for this area. So I don't know that any kind of pattern like that exists for other areas. It might by chance, but it may not apply to any of those places you mention. It may not even apply to the SSZ THERE in Japan. And let's hope not.

If I had to make some kind of comparison though, I would just remind of what happened in Sumatra after 2004. Three months later another 8.6 hit. If there's one thing that proves is that big quakes can cause instability of surrounding areas- which may become evident months or a few years down the road. This could all die down without further incident in Japan and all be cool for months or a few years. Then again, we're still only 6 weeks or so past March 11.

Problem is, Japan's 9.1 occurred too darn close to another major plate juncture- and that's a key difference and why they've got to be careful. But that's not the only difference. It could be argued that there is a major plate junction in Chile south of where the huge quake hit there- which was not affected. True, but that juncture is 500-600 miles away, and did not respond to the activity. Here the SSZ is about 200 to 250 miles away from an even bigger quake, and has already responded with several quakes right on it.

Vigilance is needed here carefully probably until at least May or June- if a bigger shock has not happened by then, hopefully life can return to normal for Japan. If that's possible, considering...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

Hi Ren!...First off thank you for contributing here!.May i ask why you think there could be a 7 plus June 11 or July 11?Also just curious because you are so close to so many earthquakes i am wondering if you might any physical symptoms from them....Thank you and stay safe.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Its just mind boggling seeing all those quakes,and i can tell you if i were there i would sick form all the motion going on........My heart goes out to all there....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Today there were only three reported earthquakes that were noticeable to most.

However, I felt a very week but bouncing close earthquake under my feet every 30 minutes for 9 hours about 1 to 3 seconds long. Swinging lights confirmed they were real.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

Thank you for letting us know whats happening there in real time...words fail me for what you are going through.

MOST importantly.... you are all in our thoughts over there..... please be safe

peace

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Over on the nuclear thread one of our folks on the ground in Japan just posted that a earthquake expert on Japanese tv news today is warning ofa 8+ at any time.

See post here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thank you all for your well wishes.

Why do I think there might be a big one in June or July? Because of the frequency of activity at the other hot spots.

TA is right. We had a 9.x earthquake very close to other tectonic plates. It might mess with things.

Does anybody think that solar flares, passing meteors, or even the moon might have an effect on the movement of tectonic plates?

Let's get back on a possible evacuation plan for all of Japan. There won't be evacuation by plane or ship for most. What survivors will need to do is walk toward Hokkaido or take one of several trains that are headed there and try to make it to the nearest Russian island and then settle in Russia just north of China. That is the only viable solution for the worst case scenario that could occur.

It is entirely possible that Japan could dip into the sea slowly or be crushed up. I think people might have many ominous and obvious warning signs.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join