It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Warning to Tokyo

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

With the tiny almost worthless bit of history and data we know, anything new is not necessarily new. Science is so young and has such little data.

Continental Drift was still laughed at by some into the 60's and 70's. Go figure. Man is so arrogant some even think they can predict the weather and what is normal when in reality they can't get it right three days out most of the time. Science is often arrogant to the point of insanity.

We know it all and yet we know almost nothing. Ignore me, I'm tired.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
Excellent work, and I admire your concern for the people of Japan. They have seem to have lost their newsworthiness as of late. So strange how what may be one of the worst disasters ever, is just being swept under the rug.
S&F

What concern for the people of Japan?
the headline? or the op just believing that the authorities would find out by browsing this site?

If you read the first page of posts you would have noticed that the OP had no intention of contacting anyone in Japan as he believed that it would all just be ignored anyway.

Concern my butt, more like, concerned over stars and flags.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well I don't know about this, but there seems to be some correlation between that volcano on the south side and the bigger quakes:

122.20.254.201:443...

Cause it seems just about every time that thing turns fire red with lava in the crater, within a couple hours Japan gets another 5+. It was fire red earlier, before the 5.8 and now 6.0.

For those that can't read Japanese, that camera view is from the Kurokami river camera at Sakurajima.
(黒神川1号ダム上流左岸 - Kurokami River, 1st dam, upstream, left bank). I assume that's the Minamidake peak erupting.

Sakurajima is one of the most active volcanoes in the world. It's been erupting almost non-stop since 1955. By the OP'S logic, we should have been having 6.0 quakes on a weekly basis since then.

In other news, I predict (for the record), based on my consultations with the tarot, meditation, and observation of the weather channel, severe tornadoes in Oklahoma for the first week of July. I strongly urge that the US government evacuate the state. Maybe send everyone to Mexico or something.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

"based on my consultations with the tarot, meditation, and observation of the weather channel, severe tornadoes in Oklahoma for the first week of July. I"
unquote

Why not just watch the news? or is it even on the news?

#
April 21: Tornado outbreak
Omaha.com logo Omaha.com 30 minutes ago

A total of 241 tornadoes were reported in 14 states over those three days. The storms stretched from Oklahoma to North Carolina. At least 45 people were killed, according to news accounts. According to AccuWeather, three ingredients came together to...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well I don't know about this, but there seems to be some correlation between that volcano on the south side and the bigger quakes:

122.20.254.201:443...

Cause it seems just about every time that thing turns fire red with lava in the crater, within a couple hours Japan gets another 5+. It was fire red earlier, before the 5.8 and now 6.0.

For those that can't read Japanese, that camera view is from the Kurokami river camera at Sakurajima.
(黒神川1号ダム上流左岸 - Kurokami River, 1st dam, upstream, left bank). I assume that's the Minamidake peak erupting.

Sakurajima is one of the most active volcanoes in the world. It's been erupting almost non-stop since 1955. By the OP'S logic, we should have been having 6.0 quakes on a weekly basis since then.

In other news, I predict (for the record), based on my consultations with the tarot, meditation, and observation of the weather channel, severe tornadoes in Oklahoma for the first week of July. I strongly urge that the US government evacuate the state. Maybe send everyone to Mexico or something.

Do you have a link for the weather channel actually. I'm thinking about making some predictions about deadly storms coming and don't feel like going out and laying my own equipment for accurate measurements or reading about weather patterns in an area. It wouldn't help me anyways since I have no training in that area but if I can get a link to their website I'm sure I could study their information and graphs and deduce from that a global catastrophy in the making any day now.
edit on 21-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by maximumpower
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but areas that experience lots of earthquakes actually release a lot of tension and decrease the probability of "the big one" striking. These are still aftershocks too? It was a pretty huge quake...
Decreasing the probability doesn't mean it can't happen, but your "documentation" is basically meaningless.

Actually, that information is not entirely true.

Seismologists have observed that for every magnitude 6 earthquake there are 10 of magnitude 5, 100 of magnitude 4, 1,000 of magnitude 3, and so forth as the events get smaller and smaller. This sounds like a lot of small earthquakes, but there are never enough small ones to eliminate the occasional large event. It would take 32 magnitude 5's, 1000 magnitude 4's, 32,000 magnitude 3's to equal the energy of one magnitude 6 event. So, even though we always record many more small events than large ones, there are never enough to eliminate the need for the occasional large earthquake.

Earthquake Myths - USGS Source

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet

same wording, same phrasal structures, a bit of variation here and there, all for name calling and general trolling, trying to downplay some very SERIOUS ISSUES, trying to contain the free flow of information, very odd, very odd indeed, because a true ATSer would have checked TRUE AMERICAN`s profile and corroborated that the man does not post bull, and that any claims he makes are not done so lightly...

[ ] I am a "true" ATSer
[ ] TA does not post bull
[x] Paid disinfo agents at work in this thread

80% chance in the next two weeks you say............ 20% chance it won`t, IF they have a big quake in 4 weeks you`ll say oh look I was right, but my timing was a little off.
Sounds like you`ve covered all bases.
Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wow! I have no seismology knowledge whatsoever but I agree with you and can't make somewhat the same claim fr reading your post even though I don't understand some of it. Great thread bro

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnonymousLurker

Hahaha wait... You have 51 posts but you say your a true ATSer? How does that happen?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Magnitude 6.1
Date-Time Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 13:37:03 UTC
Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 10:37:03 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.617°N, 140.452°E
Depth 42.9 km (26.7 miles)
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances 64 km (39 miles) E of TOKYO, Japan
76 km (47 miles) ENE of Yokohama, Honshu, Japan
82 km (50 miles) S of Mito, Honshu, Japan
115 km (71 miles) SSE of Utsunomiya, Honshu, Japan

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 14.8 km (9.2 miles); depth +/- 2.9 km (1.8 miles)
Parameters NST=378, Nph=378, Dmin=227.1 km, Rmss=1.28 sec, Gp= 50°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=8
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0002w98

Source

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Seems like a 6.1 EQ just hit Tokyo.....
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

something seems to be going down again in Japan.. have a look on the USGS web......

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Guess what happens a day later?

6.3 in Tokyo

It may not be a monster 9+
But about 24 hours later an EQ hits dead on.
Eat crow my friend, and then let me know how it tastes.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
reply to post by kro32

The comments from the detractors will be something along the line of "it wasn't big enough" or "there wasn't a tsunami".

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well, so much for the quakes not getting closer to Tokyo, huh? Was that close enough?

With every quake close to the southern subduction zone, the risk of that zone going off increases. And therefore the risk of a bigger quake on that zone with a tsunami increases. If that zone did not exist, and this was Chile or Sumatra, this thread wouldn't exist either. In that case I would just write all these off to aftershocks. Cause this 6.1 was an aftershock. We expect these, but it is not the one I am concerned about.

It is concern for the SSZ rupturing. And it was just weakened further. But this quake does show though that there are stress points very near Tokyo that are capable of bigger quakes, and are now snapping. This isn't MY final warning to Tokyo, it is the earth's warning.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

But because I don't have a degree, my word is crap. Don't listen to me, listen to the earth which is telling you itself, and it's right in your face.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Do you have a link for the weather channel actually.

Sure here you go The Weather Channel
NOAA has some really good maps too so I'll give you the link for them too NOAA
And, while we're at it and this This Thread is about Tokyo - here's the link to the JMA (Japan Meteoroligical Agency
) JMA
edit on 21-4-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
reply to post by kro32

The comments from the detractors will be something along the line of "it wasn't big enough" or "there wasn't a tsunami".

It was not really an evacuation quake, Japan has quakes constantly and have built to live with them to an extent, Once again my biggest beef has been if the op was so strong in his belief that this event will be so devestating, he should be hitting any media outlet who will listen, otherwise the post is more of a "look at me arn't I clever post", rather for the concern for the welfare for the Japanese people.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

It wasn't Tokyo. That do you?

It wasn't big enough. There was no tsunami. It was not on the fault. The earlier one this morning was way off. Anything else you would like me to add?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
And the trapflappers keep right on flapping their traps. Spewing nothing but BS, accusing me of everything under the sun, taking this thread completely off topic, adding nothing to contribute to the ideas presented here with the additional backup from the other thread, which is basically coming true.

The only reason every single one of you shills are here is to do your paid duties to deflect, detract, confuse, and turn this site into crap. I did not ask for a single goddamn star or flag. People on their own decided to award them. OH BUT NO, THAT IS MY FAULT. This is really pissing me off.

I did not PM any of my friends about this thread. I just posted my ideas. Well, there was no problem when this thread had no stars or flags. There was no problem until the idiots with no brains, who have nothing to contribute to this site saw that the thread was generating a response. In other words, if there was no substance to it, and it died without any replies or attention, they would have had no response or replied to it either.

No my friends, this is a case of "the shills ruined another thread."

See? And they even force me the OP to have to post these kinds of posts taking the thread FURTHER off topic. It sucks.
edit on Thu Apr 21st 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Could you answer my Post on Quake Watch here please? This one is a little weird,as this 6.1 created two Aftershocks in a pretty short amount of Time,then...nothing.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join