It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Warning to Tokyo

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here is something I did see in a dream. Tom Cruise was telling people that he wasn't leaving California because it was flooding, that there was no danger.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

If you don't hold a degree then nothing you say has relevance? Tell that to Bill Gates, Alexander Graham Bell, Richard Branson, Andrew Carnegie, Arthur C Clarke, Walter Cronkite or Charles Dickens...All self taught! A degree is nothing more than one particular route to knowledge, nothing more!

Not exactly. You need the equipment and means if your desired area of expertise requires it. Also, some people just have more smarts and genius than others. Are you suggesting the OP is on par with the folks you listed?

Does the OP have the equipment along the lines of the folks in say, the Earthquake Research Institute in Tokyo? Or the Earthquake Prediction Research Center in the University of Tokyo? How about this list of institutions, who have professional staff and top of the line equipment:

Japan Earthquake Institutions

You are seriously suggesting that the OP can give better predictions than all of these institutions, because he may have the moxie of a Bill Gates or Andrew Carnegie?

Once again.. while I respect many of the views of folks on these boards, I'd trust a long list of well funded, professional institutes full of experts with actual degrees in the field, using top of the line equipment, over a guy on an conspiracy message board who uses a few charts a few of these agencies produce.
edit on 20-4-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
The quakes aren't getting close to Tokyo.

Just one cursory look at the first two pics in the OP show that you are categorically wrong. They are getting closer to Tokyo. No question. If they had just stopped at where they were in the first pic, I would not have posted this thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

The whole zone appears to be unzipping in random places along subduction zones/plate boundaries and fault lines in the area.

You know, I just happen to think that all of this just may be related to the magma chamber under the area. Sort of the chicken and the egg, I don't know which one started it but here we are.

The likes of what is occuring is further hard to read as we have the issued of ongoings at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. Four reactors if not already in full melt are almost there and two showing issues follow here . The injections of water and various fully unknown chemicals onto said melt and on possible fracture zones (either natural or made due to the situation at hand) and only the heavens above knows what else they are doing there. - Is this a key contributor to the quakes? Is the ongoings at the plant taping into the magma chamber? Gas being created to help the unzipping?

Very, Very complicated situation here Folks.

As for you 32, if you can't help here with your degree and throw ideas around to help find out what may be occuring, please take your trolling elsewhere. No offence, but what we need here is learning and teaching, Science as stated by Puterman is ever evolving and unknown when it comes to what lies below the surface.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geronimeaux
reply to post by Phantomfire707

Did you really count all this? I'm not saying you didn't, but I'm curious if you really did. If you did, it's very interesting, for the past several years until about 3 months ago it seemed I looked at the clock at least once a day at 11:11 either am or pm, sometimes at both occurrences on the clock. It seemed odd to me that for the last three months I hadn't seen them and then this past week it started again. I'm not a numerologist, but I do believe in synchronicity and always took this to mean I was in my lane so to speak, or where I should be. You're noticing of the synchronicity of the earthquakes and relating them to biblical events is interesting. I have to give you a Star & Flag for you originality of thought!
edit on 20-4-2011 by Geronimeaux because: edit for readabiliy, hope it helped...

Everything I stated in that post I calculated accurately. If I'm wrong about the 68 earthquakes of 6.0 or higher in the Japan region during Lent so far, than the USGS website data was wrong, I believe I was quite careful in counting the number of Japan quakes. I saved the USGS data on my computer, so if preliminary signs occur I'll count again to see if I missed one. If you need verification on anything specific I stated I can post further evidence.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It does appear to be quite a quandry. Nuclear meltdown, into an active fault.

What happens if you throw a million h-bombs into a volcano?

Look at the bright side, a Nuclear Winter will stop Global Warming!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

If you don't hold a degree then nothing you say has relevance? Tell that to Bill Gates, Alexander Graham Bell, Richard Branson, Andrew Carnegie, Arthur C Clarke, Walter Cronkite or Charles Dickens...All self taught! A degree is nothing more than one particular route to knowledge, nothing more!

Not exactly. You need the equipment and means if your desired area of expertise requires it. Also, some people just have more smarts and genius than others. Are you suggesting the OP is on par with the folks you listed?

Does the OP have the equipment along the lines of the folks in say, the Earthquake Research Institute in Tokyo? Or the Earthquake Prediction Research Center in the University of Tokyo? How about this list of institutions, who have professional staff and top of the line equipment:

You are seriously suggesting that the OP can give better predictions than all of these institutions, because he may have the moxie of a Bill Gates or Andrew Carnegie?

Once again.. while I respect many of the views of folks on these boards, I'd trust a long list of well funded, professional institutes full of experts with actual degrees in the field, using top of the line equipment, over a guy on an conspiracy message board who uses a few charts a few of these agencies produce.

If you want to read into what I said the fact I consider TA to be on par fair enough but what I was referring to was that all those people rose to the top of their fields without degrees or formal education. Whether TA is on par with them would be speculation on my part. I too like to think I can trust the likes of japan Earthquake institution and their shiny new gear but from what I've read, the very same people are warning of another large impending quake that could wreak havoc in Tokyo. Seems I read somewhere that TA was saying pretty much the same. For what it's worth I don't always trust people with brand new expensive equipment and walls of degrees behind an institute sign because I'm sure that a fair bit of research produced by these people is funded and result driven by people that do not always have my best interests at heart, whether here or in Japan.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Uh Oh!

MAP 6.0 2011/04/21 01:54:41 40.319 143.676 3.7 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride
Uh Oh!

MAP 6.0 2011/04/21 01:54:41 40.319 143.676 3.7 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

earthquake.usgs.gov...

A 5.8 just before the 6.0...Damn I wish I understood that stuff but instead all I have is gut feeling, speculation and a seemingly never ending series of red, blue and yellow squares
My gut and intuition tell me that sadly Japan is far from being out of the woods. It's all so interesting to me, maybe that's because I live right on the ring of fire and there's al locked subduction zone right under my feet and yet our area is about the only untouched zone in the ring.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Could it be a possibility that one or several of our tectonic plates could break in half cause a whole new fault line??? Obviously these fault lines and tectonic plates were formed somehow. I dont understand how we can have eartherquakes in Queensland, Australia recently when our country is in the centre of a tectonic plate and the closest fault lines and thousands and thousands of miles off-shore.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well I don't know about this, but there seems to be some correlation between that volcano on the south side and the bigger quakes:

122.20.254.201:443...

Cause it seems just about every time that thing turns fire red with lava in the crater, within a couple hours Japan gets another 5+. It was fire red earlier, before the 5.8 and now 6.0.

And there is another thing occurring too. As you guys know, I pretty much constantly monitor the whole enchilada. The whole ring of fire, and some other hotspots. Always Chile, always Japan, Sumatra, etc.

And it seems that more and more I am seeing events occur in Japan and Chile close to the same time. The ones in Chile are small, but it is disturbing to see this, almost as if the plate is moving and showing activity at both ends simultaneously. Does not happen every time, just sometimes. Weird.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but areas that experience lots of earthquakes actually release a lot of tension and decrease the probability of "the big one" striking. These are still aftershocks too? It was a pretty huge quake...
Decreasing the probability doesn't mean it can't happen, but your "documentation" is basically meaningless.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Very well said

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by claireaudient

The whole zone appears to be unzipping in random places along subduction zones/plate boundaries and fault lines in the area.

You know, I just happen to think that all of this just may be related to the magma chamber under the area. Sort of the chicken and the egg, I don't know which one started it but here we are.

The likes of what is occuring is further hard to read as we have the issued of ongoings at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. Four reactors if not already in full melt are almost there and two showing issues follow here . The injections of water and various fully unknown chemicals onto said melt and on possible fracture zones (either natural or made due to the situation at hand) and only the heavens above knows what else they are doing there. - Is this a key contributor to the quakes? Is the ongoings at the plant taping into the magma chamber? Gas being created to help the unzipping?

Very, Very complicated situation here Folks.

As for you 32, if you can't help here with your degree and throw ideas around to help find out what may be occuring, please take your trolling elsewhere. No offence, but what we need here is learning and teaching, Science as stated by Puterman is ever evolving and unknown when it comes to what lies below the surface.

Well in order for anyone to even consider what's happening here as abnormal, which it isn't, you would need to go back to the time when we first started measuring this stuff and look at all the information as a whole.

Once you have all the data you could begin to extrapolate possible scenarios based on historical records and draw conclusions from that. Taking a snapshot of an area over a short period of time can give you no realistic indication of what this area is prone too.

For all the op knows this activity around Japan might actually be mild compared to what has happened in the past. I'm not really contributing to this thread since I have added my expertise to others and yet ta still keeps posting these everytime some area starts getting more active.

I will wait till next week and post in his new thread involving a new area that all of a sudden is swarming and is showing signs of the next apocolypse.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Do you have any substance to add??? So - if not - how's about you pull out one of your edumicated books locate it on the internet and post me a screen shot of the magma field and known fault and fracture lines under Japan in relation to the subduction zone for starters. - that would be helpful to us

If you want to throw in some historical data - well, ya know, that would be good to
- oh don't forget the links - it's a violation of the rules here -

I understand your thinking on being new that there have been a number of thread by the OP on a number of areas - but, if you track them all - he is not the only one who is concerned as I have posted over and over again. not just Japan, but all other areas of this other Threads. I will not post the links to all that again now as I have to many times already, it is late and I hate this dreaded dial up which takes entirely to much time....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What unmitigated arrogance for people to suggest that posters here need to be scholars to make suggestions and speculations regarding this crisis. This is not a professional journal where credentials are required. It is a freaking discussion board. Yes, people need to give credit for quotes and have something to add, but who are some of you to judge the value of someone's opinion? I really like to encourage respectful responses but for the last six weeks I have been watching more and more arrogance making this place an unfriendly environment for those who have questions or suggestions but are afraid of looking stupid or being attacked.

Get off your high horse or find some scholars to rub shoulders with.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maximumpower
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but areas that experience lots of earthquakes actually release a lot of tension and decrease the probability of "the big one" striking. These are still aftershocks too? It was a pretty huge quake...
Decreasing the probability doesn't mean it can't happen, but your "documentation" is basically meaningless.

I don't think it's meaningless. I watch the ring of fire as well, looking for patterns, trends and TA is providing me with his insight on what he sees doing the same. Though there were certainly more questions than answers in the post I enjoy the introduction to the possibilities, it's also cool to watch a thought process play out when it is within your area of interest. As to your bit about lots of earthquakes releasing pressure keeping the big one at bay, I really hope you're wrong because where I live we've got mega tension and zero "lots of earthquakes" There have been many seismic upgrades to dams, bridges along with constant revisions of building codes. According to local news and legend we could probably come out OK with a 7.0 but even that depends on depth and epicenter. A 9.0 would kill us IMO.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It would take what, perhaps 80,000 wide body flights to evacuate Japan or more. Imagine the logistics? Not sure at all how that could be done, but an interesting concept all the same. Perhaps modified oil tankers and the whole worlds commercial aircraft could do it in a few months.

My heart goes out to them, but all I can do is send money as I've done. Pray you are wrong. No real way to know when that plate will shift or where.

It is interesting to imagine how such a thing could be accomplished. Anyway, I've followed your stuff and you point out real possibilities. Although it could happen anywhere I suppose. Imagine being around when say the Rockies popped up. Makes us realize how weak and powerless we are against nature.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

You think they would even listen to a person that doesn't have a seismology or geology degree?

I am hoping their citizens listen, and be advised.

They can't say and you are doing a lot of study. I actually have or had a degree in Geology, never used since I got it in the 70's. Geology is one of those fields where you have to specialize and move on to at least a Masters to be even partly competent in one Field.

You have a rock and want to know what it is, I'm a good choice. I had but one class in Seismology for a requirement.

Predicting earthquakes is guesswork at best beyond knowing that Japan would see this sooner or later and that living in L.A. gets more dangerous by the day. I live in Anchorage, so same thing here. They say from the core drills a decade ago, the big ones hit here about every 700 to 800 years or so. Who knows. Move to Florida get killed in a Huricane. Move to Kansas buy it in a Twister. We can run but can't hide.

I'd guess that you are likely wrong, but who can say. If there I would leave for a time if I could. Your heart is in the right place. I've never seen you as a sensationalist and you likely know more about this than I do.
edit on 4/20/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Silverlok

"the chandler wobble of the earth's tilt stopped and has inexplicably restarted in a way not explained by any know mechanism "
unquote

Nobody told me it started again! But that is impossible!!

Because a "wobble at rest, tends to stay at rest" from what i remember the wobble ceased after the earth entered "new space" which produced enough force/drag to alter the "spinning top" wobble.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join