It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under a Democratic Government Libyans Will Suffer More Then Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Libyans under democratic government controlled by the west will suffer alot more then they are now, oh sure David cameron claims these rebels are just youths without jobs, wheres his proof? in fact the media themselves dont even know who the rebels are yet they are supporting and reporting from there side.

Look in our countries canada, america the youth unemployment rate is at its highest yet our youth dont start an uprising, sigh i wonder doesn't our youth start an uprising over our unemployment rate and kick out the elites?

The point is we are still facing a huge impending financial crisis, our dollars might even crash so having a central bank is worthless when that happens.

So i will ask why would the rebels or the terrorists in east libya open up a central bank while during a financial crisis? not to mention they are now the oil traders with west, they have sent the oil to some western allied nations, thus bringing the oil prices a bit down.

Under a Democratic Government if this thing is over Libyans will be crawling for the food, water,jobs.

Just look at eupore now, and tell me what good did those revolutions or uprisings brought to the euporean countries now who are with the EU.

And howcome in every EU election an elitist, CFR member and pro Washington only gets elected into the EU?
so i get that if anyone has eastern views or strong ties with russia, you will be either killed or replaced by a fake uprising.

Thats not very Democratic now is it ATS?
edit on 19-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
From what I have seen, Gaddafi already has the democratic support of the people and Libya had a lot of good international reviews in being of of the better governed nations in Africa. In trying to put down a coup supported by the west, NATO and the US have just gotten pulled further into the conflict. Democracy makes a good war cry in the headlines, but the reality is more like corporatism. The most responsible way out would be to let the African Union take charge of the situation, but you don't hear much about them in the media because they think this invasion sucks as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Year Unemployment rate (%)
2000 30
2001 30
2002 30
2003 30
2004 30
2005 30
2006 30
2007 30
2008 30
2009 30

Link
This article in The New Yorker gives an excellent insight to the political, economic and social conditions in Libya. Libya with a population of around 6.5 million has a huge migrant worker population. This is due to the fact that the youth just refuses to perform the mundane jobs that are available. Yes those who have achieved higher education should be given jobs suitable to their skills, however this is the problem when you live in an oil based economy. The fault lies 50/50 with both the government and the people. The government for their failure to industrialize and transfer from a resource based economy and the people for refusing the jobs available to them. Libya also offers its citizens huge subsidies on oil, food and other basic goods. You will be suprised how cheap basic goods are in Libya.
I'm not denying that Libyans have legitamate greviances with their government, what I trying to do is set the record straight for those who believe Libyans are living in extreme poverty.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Year Unemployment rate (%)
2000 30
2001 30
2002 30
2003 30
2004 30
2005 30
2006 30
2007 30
2008 30
2009 30

well in amercia and canada we have the highest unemployment rate, the only difference governments lie about the true number of the unemployment rate, as for your unemployment rate link for libya thats your typical propaganda.

Notice how all the years you quoted never seem to change? i highly doubt that, thats what bush claimed about iraq under saddam that people didn't have any jobs, yet is it really true?

And the last i checked people that lived in the kingdom of libya Suffered alot more because of the unemployment rate and living conditions.

Under Gaddafi he improved the living conditions of everyday Libyans, thus including free education

The living standards of Libyans have improved significantly since the 1970s, ranking the country among the highest in Africa. Urbanization, developmental projects, and high oil revenues have enabled the Libyan government to elevate its people's living standards.

www.nationsencyclopedia.com...

do you want the libyans people to be controlled like a puppet state as it was under the kingdom of libya?
edit on 20-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think you misunderstood my statement. I actually agree with you to a certian extent. I believe after a civil war (like the one occuring in Libya), that under democracy, living conditions will be worse for Libyans. I agree that Gaddaffi has improved the conditions of Libyans therefor those he governed aquised under his rule for so long. I am clearing up the misconseptions that Gaddaffi has left Libyans to rot in poverty. What I am also saying however, is that as the youth who favour self expression values(freedom of speech ect) have came of age, they haven't seen anything really improve as they were not around when Gaddaffi took power.
I even went to blame the youth for being part of the problem as they refuse to take the jobs that are offered to them, which are then past on to African migrant workers. I was also critical of Libya's economic policy. Libya is to reliant on oil, they must industrialize, especially since the fall of the Soviet Union and the break up of Yugoslavia(both provided Libya with cheap hardware).
You may have mistook me as you read the article I provided, which happens to be critical of Libya. However in the article(if you read it all and carefully) they provide you with information on how much Libyan living conditions have imporoved and how it really isn't as bad as the media claims. It also goes to point out that America is one of the key reasons why Libya economy(especially in the 80's-90's) was slow to pick up.
I am not disagreeing with you but I am also saying that the issue of Libya is more complex than you claim. Infact I even gave you a star+flag for your thread.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join