It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread move after 7 hrs and others sit for days???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I had a current topic that was from a source dated today.
It lasted a whole 7 hrs in Breaking Alternative News while other topics are there for at least a day or longer.

I like where it was moved to but at least the date should expire from there to let it get a little traction, it was still current.

I am starting to think that certain topics get moved without any guidlines other than the personal ones a mod may choose.

Are there any posts around here that explain thread movement guidelines on what to expect?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I predict this post will be moved shortly to the appropriate category.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've had threads moved in minutes and even after 6 months. Nothing to worry about.

The mods are busy people and it is impossible to read all thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Threads are moved based on the forum description available at the top of every thread. Some threads are better suited for certain areas. There are some guidelines which make for automatica move of certain topics.

These include threads on Repilians for example get put directly into Skunk Works, or anything in regards to protests are generally moved to the Social Issues & Civil Unrest.

Now we moderators have real lives as well, and not all of us have power to move things from all forums. We have assigned forums, if there is no mod for that particular forum to move it, then it can stay for hours before the appropriate person comes along to move it.

Most staff actions are discussed prior to the action being taken, unless the solution is extremely clear, so your assumption that they are just moved based on mod's personal preference is incorrect.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, paranoia averted

top topics

join