It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MVP Baseball 2004 soundtrack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I love the soundtrack to the MVP Baseball 2004 soundtrack. I can't seem to find anywhere that these songs are listed for free download. I tried inserting the gaming disc from my X-box into the computer drive, but it wouldn't play. I could just record it into a microphone, but that would cause me to lose bass and pitch in the songs. If anyone knows of anywhere that I can get the complete list of songs for FREE download, then please help me. I know I can pay $0.99 for each song, but I'm cheap...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don't know if you have to Xbox or the PC version, but I'll give instructions to make a copy of the song.

FOR XBOX:
To do it the easy way, you need an adapter (I can't remember what it's called) the convert the audio adapters of your xbox to a standard headphone or microphone jack that can fit into your computer. You can probably get it a RadioShack, just tell them what you're looking for and they'll help you. If you don't want to spend money, you can do it with a vcr, but you'll need an audio cable like the one that comes with your video camera. If you don't have one of these, the dollar store sells them. Anyways, connect your xbox to one of the line in ports, and connect the audio cable to the line out. Plug the other end of the audio cable into the microphone port on your computer. Now, open Windows Movie Maker, and click on Narrate Timeline. Start playing the music from your xbox, and watch the volume meter. Adjust the volume so that the meter is just touching the top (this is perfect sound). When you're ready, start recording! This recording will maintain bass, stereo, etc.

FOR PC:
This is easier. Start your game and open Movie Maker. Click Narrate timeline as usual, and now look under the record button for an input settings menu. This should allow you to choose where you want Movie Maker to pick up the audio sound. You can choose between Microphone, Mono, Stereo, and many others. Choose stereo. Start your game and choose the song you want. Press Alt-Tab to minimize MVP 2004 and go back to Movie Maker. Press record, and click MVP Baseball 2004 on the taskbar to bring it back up. Wait until your song is done and then stop it. Since the recording will not be perfect, go back to movie maker and drag the new wav file onto the timeline. Edit it so that you cut out the blank parts. Click File, Publish Movie. Save it as WMV, and you're set! Now, if you do not see Stereo as an option in the menu, it probably means your sound card does not support it. In this case, you're going to need a cable that can plug into your audio port and the other end into your microphone port. Again, the RadioShack guys should be able to point you in the right direction. Plug both ends into the proper ports, and record as I described above. You're done!

Now, I'm sure somebody is going to bring up the issue about this being illegal. I personally am not sure about the legality of this. You could argue that since you own the game, which has the song in it, you should be allowed to make a backup copy for yourself. It is true that you are allowed to make one backup of any media, but whether that applies here, I can't guarantee it. Just make sure you know what you're doing. As long as you keep it only for yourself and don't email it to a friend, put it on their iPod, etc, you should be okay.

Hope all this helps!

PS: If you're still playing MVP 2004, you should download MVP Baseball 2008, the total conversion mod I am working on. It will be available for FREE download on www.eamods.com... on March 28.

join