It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google... Wants My Phone Number?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
OK I'm not sure how many have a YouTube account, but those that do, probably have had to change there accounts to a Google address, which I did very long ago. I was on YouTube earlier, without any trouble, cleaned out my computer, and went to sign back in and got a new message.

Google
Hey, this is important: Add a phone to your account

Without a phone number, you could lose all access to your account if you forget your password or if your account is hijacked. Learn more

Phone number (mobile or landline)

Google will only use your phone number to verify your identity—never to send you unwanted messages.
©2011 Google - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Help - Community Guidelines - Contact

Now is it just me, or did anyone else get this?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ok, there is a way around this. Log in to your Google account when YT forces you to. Once logged in, it will ask for your phone number. Close that entire window and then load up YT again in another window. Click "Log in" and it will auto log you in without asking again and no phone number needed.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I feel Google has some sort of government connection.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Thanks I'm going to try that, when I was trying to just bypass the process, it booted me 6 times.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Don't want to change the subject but I was just on YouTube and got the weirdest advert about the 7 Trumpets and the end of the world.

Maybe you guys have seen this as well?.

Just to note it was about 14 minutes long, I only wanted to watch a 3minute video.

edit on 19/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
sell your soul and all your info and enjoy your five min film when they come to collect dont bitch

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i got a message from google that it wanted to f my sister and borrow my car. i just clicked close window.

google is getting to much into my business lately.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

WHAT???

Peace, NRE.

BTW to donatellanatorIt worked thanks.

edit on 19-4-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: to add

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh yeah Google wants to be your friend. They already know more about you than you know about yourself. What's the harm of giving them your number? (Sarcasm)

Just more info gathering. These super large companies are destorying this country and they are only getting bigger and more powerful.

The big fish eats the little one.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

no no they have it already, just double-checking, that's all

(google knows everything)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What you need to do is get a seperate phone line for anyone asking for this information. Then hook it up to a computerized answering system that give's them a choice for seperate bits of your personal info. Do this until you have created a loop back to the start.

On second thought.....I need to get to work creating such a device! I could sell millions! Remember you heard this idea from me first!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'll give them Jenny's number..."867-5309"....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I just logged in to YT and it never said anything about that.

And I sure as hell would not give it to them even if they did ask!

new topics

top topics

join