It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some good countries to live in??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Palo Alto, CA! We have it all... Good weather, good neighbors, low crime, more parks per capita than just about anywere else. Where HP and the intergrated circuit was developed. One Huge Drawback: The cost of admission is high! A 1954 home thats about 1300 sq feet sells at just above the $1,000,000 mark....

Seriously the best place to live if not here for me would be Vancouver, BC. Its a lot like San Fran, only cleaner, and less homeless.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
But I would say Canada is probably the winner thanks to the low crime rate and various medical benefits, and its very clean, take Toronto as an example.
[edit on 7/27/2004 by cyberdude78]

Toronto? Clean? You must not live here!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The southern outskirts of Sydney are a fantastic place to live, your away from all the urban sprawl, crime and noise.

My whole suburb is in a bowl surrounded by the NSW bushland filled with native birds and koalas, rivers and aboriginal cave paintings etc we used to have parties in there. You can stand up on a large hill on the southern end and see the whole of Sydney, i never really realised how small it is.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm proud to be Canadian. I"m only slightly embarrased of some of our international policies. As for the way the government treats us as individuals, well that has slowly declined but still is among the best in the world. The U.N. (i think it was the U.N.) did rate us as the #1 country to live in for I believe 5 years running despite dropping to 3rd recently. But the very best thing about Canada IMO (the Beer!! ahem), is that we have sooooo much elbow room! 28million of us in the largest country in the world!! Ahh i'm just gonna stretch out and enjoy that

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
*cough* second largest in the world*cough*

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hey, I live in middle-of-no-where Colorado. Weather is awesome, a little cold, but its colorado. Terrorists don't bother us cause there is nothing to bother! We have it all, except we are short on malls!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Largest Countries in the World

Rank Country Area (square kilometers)
1 Russia 17,075,400
2 Canada 9,976,140
3 United States 9,629,091
4 China 9,596,960
5 Brazil 8,511,965
6 Australia 7,686,850
7 India 3,287,590
8 Argentina 2,776,890
9 Kazakhstan 2,717,306
10 Sudan 2,505,810
11 Algeria 2,381,740
12 Democratic Republic of the Congo 2,345,410
13 Mexico 1,972,550
14 Saudi Arabia 1,960,582
15 Indonesia 1,919,440
16 Libya 1,756,540
17 Iran 1,648,000
18 Mongolia 1,565,000
19 Peru 1,285,220
20 Chad 1,284,000

Personally, I'd love to live in Iceland. I landed there for 24 hours after our plane's engine "malfunctioned" (we never got an official explanation. It could have been sabotage). It was back in January of this year. Amazingly, most of my ancestors come from Iceland, and I absolutely fell in love with the country. The water is the best I have ever had (everyone from the plane was talking about it), the food was great, it was very clean, and Iceland has about 280,000 people - very comfortable.

The air was also astounding. I have never breathed in such clean air (no neighboring countries to bring in pollution, of course there will still be some pollution from it circling the globe, but nothing direct). I absolutely loved the country, even though I was only there for 24 hours. Even though we happened to land there during the 24 hours of darkness period (it really isn't 24 hours though, the sun came up for 6. Well, not all the way up, it never reached above the horizon - so the whole day was like a blue twilight, I loved it!). Everyone seems to speak fluent English also (Americans are the biggest tourist of Iceland). Iceland is the way to go! I'll be going back there in the near future, maybe, permanently! :-D

[edit on 7-28-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
New Zealand all the way baby.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sgt_Molloy
New Zealand all the way baby.

You have a point, Good lamb, pretty good white wine, and the stones to stand up to Isreal. Not to mention Kiwi Fruit!!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind living in New Zealand either. Australia seems to be pretty nice also (I'm not too worried about all the poisonous reptiles :-D).

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Jersey (A Island inbetween France and England) is supposed to be beautiful. They run themselves and have wonderful land, beaches (not hot beaches just beautiful) and way of living.

Bad thing is you need to have at least 1 million in assets to get into the country, unless you have family on the island.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Australia seems to be pretty nice also (I'm not too worried about all the poisonous reptiles :-D).

lol. you bearly see them though unless you go looking. they tend to not go near populared areas that much.

only problem with australia is its defence force. granted, we would prob be first to run into a no-hope situation just for the fun of it but we don't even have a single nuke....

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
An ATS member has informed me the message portion of my reply-posts are invisible to him and one other member.

If members scanning this thread can read my post, please reply with a YEA!

Thanks,
neomoniker

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
South Africa is a beautiful, first world lifestyle/infrastructure kind of country. Friendly people mostly educated, english speaking for the most part ( if thats a consideration). In fact if you were looking for a place to live its really a great option, its only drawback is that its often mistaken for just another african country.

I have some ZA friends and they tell a story of crime and gun culture. Thats why they left the plce to live elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
South Africa is a beautiful, first world lifestyle/infrastructure kind of country. Friendly people mostly educated, english speaking for the most part ( if thats a consideration). In fact if you were looking for a place to live its really a great option, its only drawback is that its often mistaken for just another african country.

My Father spent a year out in South Africa during the 70s and he saw the start of all the voilence that is happening now. He said it was a beautiful place, but he would never go back now.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm from Australia, but currently living in Holland. Holland can be great, but I'm dying to move back to Oz.
As for Oz having no nukes, I don't see why we should have them, when we can rely on our American & British friends to help us out. I think these countries have enough nukes, we shouldn't have to add to the world stockpile to stay safe.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Here's a different way to rate it, what about happiness!

Apparently the country with the highest percentage of happy people is Nigeria then;

Err.. these people in Nigeria will believe anything... they believe a call on a mobile can kill so its not surprising they think they're happy. Not that I'm trying to poop on their party or any thing.

The party is in YOUR head! [)

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
South Central Pennsylvania without doubt is a wonderful place to live.

Not trying to hijack anything here, but I don't think anybody mentioned even one muslim/arab nation as being the answer, hmmmm.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by smokenmirrors]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, I live in Japan, I love it here. Came here about 6 years. The people are very nice and courteous. Most are pleasant and well educated. Tokyo is like NY City without the danger. Always something to do or something to see. Tons of festivals for the whole summer and rich in culture.

The only problem is getting used to non Roman characters.
Otherwise a BLAST.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well I guess it can be kinda interesting to hear how and why people love their own cities/countries, which is pretty much what 99% of this thread's about. But what is it doing in ATS?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join