It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to shake off the Koch addiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And once again, boon goes after the right wingers
even though I am right wing myself. It does not
matter to me. A criminal is still a criminal whether
they be on the left or right.

So here is your Koch addiction.

What’s not so well-known is the activity of Koch Industries in the trenches in Washington, where a Center for Public Integrity examination of lobbying disclosure files and federal regulatory records reveals a lobbying steamroller for the company’s interests, at times in conflict with its public pose.

The money that Koch (pronounced “coke”) has spent on lobbying in Washington has soared in recent years, from $857,000 in 2004 to $20 million in 2008. The Kochs then spent another $20.5 million over the next two years to influence federal policy, as the company’s lobbyists and officials sought to mold, gut or kill more than 100 prospective bills or regulations.

Oil is the core of the Koch business empire, and the company’s lobbyists and officials have successfully fought to preserve the industry’s tax breaks and credits, and to defeat attempts by Congress to regulate greenhouse gases.

www.iwatchnews.org...

Koch Industries came under scrutiny lately due to the Wisconsin
Governor's phone call which showed Koch's influence over the
Governor. Why is this link so important? Wisconsin is the toilet
Paper Capital of the world. And Koch Industries make paper products.

Koch’s lobbyists are known on Capitol Hill for maintaining a low profile. The firm had 30 registered lobbyists in 2010, many of whom are Washington insiders with previous experience as congressional staffers or federal agency employees.

And the above report shows that the Koch's use their money and influence
through financial networks such as Americans for Prosperity, the Cato Institute,
the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and the Reason Foundation.

The Koch boys like to keep a low profile so they can keep up
their illegal activities. So it is no surprise they recently enacted
a media blitz to refute their negative image in the eyes of the public.
To clear their evi .... errrr I mean good name (cough).

Koch Industries has launched a website and is buying advertisements on Google and Facebook to counter news stories critical of the politically-active company.

Charles and David Koch, owners of Koch Industries, were principle financiers of Wisconsin's Republican Governor Scott Walker and the tea party movement.

In response to a story by the Center for Public Integrity that outlined Koch’s multimillion-dollar lobbying network in Washington, Koch Industries has started an ad campaign targeting the nonprofit organization.

The Center for Public Integrity has a screen shot of the Google ad, which says "Slanted Reporting on Koch: Bias, hidden agenda at the Center for Public Integrity" after a search for the words "Center for Public Integrity" and "Koch." A similar ad is also apparently on Facebook.

www.rawstory.com...

This is one of the BIGGEST flaws with our system. Allowing
corporation financed lobbyist to dictate laws and policies.

So I say to Washington and every state capital in the US:
It's time to shake off the Koch addiction.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Koch (pronounced “coke”) Yup these guys blow..

On a serious note they all need to be stopped..they have infiltrated every aspect of government and decency.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Good post. Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing

Good post. Thanks for the info.

ur welcome

quite a few here at ATS claim I am biased
and even some called me Glen Beck.
So this type thread should lay those
accusations to rest

Like I said, I am against the deterioration
of our Republic and our Constitution
whether it be from the left or right.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This by Paul B. Farrell
Lobbyists now run America, own America, rule America. Forget the 537 politicians you thought we elected to the White House, Senate and Congress to run America for us. No, they're mere puppets, pawns for the "Happy Conspiracy," an oligopoly, plutocracy, cabal, monopoly all-in-one -- a private club of America's richest few on Wall Street, in Washington and in Corporate America.

Link: www.marketwatch.com...

And we wonder why no one hears us? why the American people who pay the bills are mad as hell? Politicians don't care about us..they are being paid by BIG business..they blow ya they all blow..bunch of big fat liars and con artists. I enjoyed your post coco

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
And we wonder why no one hears us? why the American people who pay the bills are mad as hell? Politicians don't care about us..they are being paid by BIG business..they blow ya they all blow..bunch of big fat liars and con artists. I enjoyed your post coco

thank you

everybody here wants to know who TPTB are.
They want names. And when you give it to them
(like this thread) they pay no attention.
I guess lady Gaga's horns are more important
on their priority list. Which is the reason why
Bastards like the Koch's and Soros exist
in the first place.

edit on 4/19/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Indeed, for some reason Americans seem to think that we need these anti-American criminals. When we don't, these thugs should be in prison. They aren't hard working people, great people or anything like that. They make their money through government contracts, subsidies, bailouts, favorable regulations, restrictions on competition, and government debt financed spending. They should be in prison for what they are doing, and that goes for Moynihan, Prince, Stevens, Soros, Blankfein, ect. Throw them all in prison and call it a day.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
They should be in prison for what they are doing, and that goes for Moynihan, Prince, Stevens, Soros, Blankfein, ect. Throw them all in prison and call it a day.

I'd vote for that.
Where do I sign up?
A great day indeed

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Interestingly enough, George Soros has made exceptionally large donations to the Center for Public Integrity.

I am sure that didn't play a part in their investigation into the Koch brothers.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
Interestingly enough, George Soros has made exceptionally large donations to the Center for Public Integrity.
I am sure that didn't play a part in their investigation into the Koch brothers.

do you have a link for that ???
wanna read it. thanks

ETA:
nevermind, I found it myself.
u r right Soros did donate to CPI
but it was in 2003 and 2004.
And it was earmarked to oust
Dubya from the presidency.
Had nothing to do with the Koch's
at least that is my opinion unless you can
show Soros donated to CPI recently.

edit on 4/19/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Sure thing:

(Full disclosure: The Center for Public Integrity has received funding from Soros' Open Society Institute.)

Source: C.P.I. site with report on non profit donations

The Center has been criticized for accepting large funds from George Soros, a politically active billionaire and critic of the Bush administration. The Web site of one of Soros' organizations, the Open Society Institute, discloses four grants to the Center, all made before his entry into the 2004 presidential contest.

They are: A $72,400 one-year grant in 2000 supporting "an investigative journalism series on prosecutorial misconduct."

A $75,000 one-year grant in 2001 supporting "an examination of wrongful convictions resulting from prosecutorial misconduct."

A $100,000 one-year grant in 2002 "to investigate the political spending of the telecommunications industry on the federal, state and local levels." A $1 million three-year grant in 2002 "to support the Global Access Project."

Source: C.P.I wiki page

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

like I said in my last post.
the aim was to oust Dubya from the
presidency. Can you show proof
of donations recently to coincide
with the investigation of the Koch
boys??? That's really nothing new
as it is quite well known that Soros
used over $50M to help get rid of
Dubya.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Here is their annual report with a list of donors under the category Foundation Support found on page 26 of this PDF file.

Soros' Open Society Institute is listed as having donated to C.P.I. between June 1, 2009 and October 25, 2010.

Link to PDF report on the C.P.I site

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

even if u r correct and Soros funded CPI
to go after the Koch boys, it stands to reason
why he did it.

The Koch boys are his competition on Capital Hill.
They are trying to bribe congressmen to vote
opposite of Soros' lobbyist and control.

It's very similar to a Mafia's turf war.
The turf being Capital Hill.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Is it a coincidence Soros also funds other groups who contributed to the C.P.I, such as the Sunlight Foundation?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Is it a coincidence Soros also funds other groups who contributed to the C.P.I, such as the Sunlight Foundation?

geez, dude u r reading my mind. I was just noticing
that link to Sunlight on page 27 of that pdf.

Sunlight has the internet blogger contract funded
by Open Society. Ellen worked overtime in
my wikileaks thread
hehehehe

But in all earnest, we may be getting off topic
as the thread is about the Koch boys, not
the evil deeds of Soros. While I agree both
Koch and Soros both are evil and both
oppose each other in the political spectrum.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Do they need to be stopped because they are "conservative" ... or just because it's corrupt politics? because the Dems are set to bring in more money (again) than the Repbulicans, and the vast majority will come from corporations, unions, and special interest ..

Only Ron Paul managed to have most of his funds from "little" people like you and I .. didn't get him very far though.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

... or just because it's corrupt politics?

Definition of CORRUPTION 1 a : impairment of integrity, virtue, or moral principle : depravity b : decay, decomposition c : inducement to wrong by improper or unlawful means (as bribery) d : a departure from the original or from what is pure or correct 2 archaic : an agency or influence that corrupts

Link:www.merriam-webster.com...
I would say that 99% of the politicians we have elected meet the above description. I think we need the "change" we were promised..

In his State of the Union on Wednesday, Obama once again targeted K Street: “We face a deficit of trust — deep and corrosive doubts about how Washington works that have been growing for years. To close that credibility gap, we have to take action on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue — to end the outsized influence of lobbyists; to do our work openly; to give our people the government they deserve.”

Link:thehill.com...
Well what happened there?
Yet at the same time from the same article:

A handful of lobbyists told The Hill on Thursday morning that they received the invitations and were planning to call in.

(shakes head in bitter disappointment) I'm standing by what said at the top of the thread..they blow.. bunch of BIG fat lairs..Dems and Republicans

new topics

top topics

join