It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergartener Brings Gun To School.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
6 Year Old Brings Gun To School

A kindergartener who brought a loaded gun to his Houston elementary school Tuesday was among three students injured by fragments when it fired after falling from his pocket as he sat down for lunch, officials said.

Anyone else think this is a little ridiculous? How does a 6-year-old even manage to get his parents' gun?

I know if I had a kid, my guns (if I had anyway) would be locked in a safe, and even then, I would have a trigger guard on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CalmAsHinduCows

oooooooouuuuuuuu I'm telling!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It's not the first time a child that young brings a gun to school:

Gun falls out of 5 year old boy's pocket during class

7 year old brings guns to school

8 year old boy takes gun to school to show friends

Originally posted by CalmAsHinduCows

I know if I had a kid, my guns (if I had anyway) would be locked in a safe, and even then, I would have a trigger guard on it.

Maybe the parents should be the ones locked up in the safe, so they can see how a gun can't get out of it on its own and how a child can't get to it. I'm sure after seeing that, they'll understand that a safe is THE place to keep guns in.

I mean, really. How can you not think of that before you buy a gun in the first place? These are CHILDREN, it's your job to keep them safe, not leaving weapons around where they can find them

edit on 19-4-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra

It's not the first time a child that young brings a gun to school:

Gun falls out of 5 year old boy's pocket during class

7 year old brings guns to school

8 year old boy takes gun to school to show friends

Originally posted by CalmAsHinduCows

Maybe the parents should be the ones locked up in the safe, so they can see how a gun can't get out of it on its own and how a child can't get to it. I'm sure after seeing that, they'll understand that a safe is THE place to keep guns in.

I mean, really. How can you not think of that before you buy a gun in the first place? These are CHILDREN, it's your job to keep them safe, not leaving weapons around where they can find them

edit on 19-4-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

An AIRTIGHT safe.

We'll probably find out that whoever owns the gun was passed out drunk/on drugs and left it laying on the coffee table...and it was show-and-tell day at the school.

join