It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mn/DOT to test driver's 'mileage tax'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- The Minnesota Department of Transportation is looking for 500 people to test technology that could someday be used to collect a mileage-based user fee.

Mn/DOT anticipates a fee on road usage might someday be necessary as more fuel efficient and hybrid cars are on the road, decreasing revenue from the gas tax.

www.kare11.com...

The madness is never-ending.

Seems TPTB have come up with another way to nickel & dime the people. Gas prices are already through the roof, yet they are complaining that they are losing money on fuel taxes because of hybrids and more fuel efficient cars.
edit on 19-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

They tried that in my state....thank god it didn't pass.
Just what we need right now with thousands out of work, during a recession and gas going through the roof! Sounds about what I would expect from the people in power. They are so brilliant it boogles my mind! They've raised stupidity to an art form!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Most of you should be able to remember when the politicians were advocating that we use less gas by purchasing more fuel efficient cars.

The result was that many people who could afford it bought more fuel efficient cars. Low and behold, then the levels of revenue from gas tax dropped. So even though people complied with the request to use less gas, the politicians were shocked when revenues dropped.

What to do? I know lets charge the people with fuel efficient cars more money by passing the mileage tax.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
that is sheer stupidity

you know how that ends up hitting businesses and impacting products and goods flowing to the stores

which means you will be paying more for food,gas,clothes etc.

its nothing but a double tax and most smart business will just pass it right along to you.

taxes do nothing but destroy the people who have to pay them and after what we already pay its like squeezing blood from a turnip.

they just dont get it

new topics

top topics

join