It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists Save Chinese Dogs From Cooking Pot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
And yes, pretty much I am a vegan. The little meat I do eat is wild salmon and free range chicken of which I visited the farm they come from.

You can't say you're vegan and then say you eat meat. You're not even a vegetarian. If you eat eggs, milk, cheese or ANY animal product, you are not a vegan. There is no such thing as "pretty much a vegan". It's like pregnancy. You either are or you're not.

As has been said, this is a different culture. They have different standards and values that they place on things. I am a dog lover - I have four - and I would never consider eating them, but that's me. We eat some things that I'm sure would cause other cultures to *gasp*.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by ofhumandescent

Where you from ??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by Silcone Synapse

You live in good country my friend but people in china dont get to eat like you do everyday.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You are correct.................I'm not a vegetarian then.

I stand corrected.

But, I eat very little meat and make sure it is organic, free range and killed as humanely as possible.

About dogs, no, I will never condone the beating, skining or gassing of dogs, never.

I also do not eat veal (baby cow) or lamb, cows, sheep or goats, eggs, cheese, milk or butter.

My main point is that most people do require some animal protein, my argument is that any animal that is slaughtered for food should be done so in a humane way.

Who am I to judge.

But, I do have a special place in my heart for dogs and wolves.....................been like that since I met a wild wolf about 46 years ago while on a hike.

edit on 19-4-2011 by ofhumandescent because: added more information

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourtweeter

Read my location.............midwest USA.

Why?

Where are you from?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by ofhumandescent

What part of world you from ??

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourtweeter
Reply to post by Silcone Synapse

You live in good country my friend but people in china dont get to eat like you do everyday.

I don't live in good country.
Although once it was.
And if someone in China has to eat a dog because they are starving,then so be it/
Main thing is,I am biased against the megadeath industrial factory killing of pretty much any animals.
The way a species is turned into a commodity...not good.
Tagged for weight and price..to eat,and for profit.
Not good.
Not respectful.
IMO.
Regards,Sil.

edit on 19/4/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wanna know how 1 billion Indians think of USA eating their most sacred animal everyday.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Great post and comments. I now understand where "tallow" comes from...that's gross.

Btw...I use environmentally/eco-friendly and organic products. It's the females that better watch out for their lip gloss...so men, be careful if you wish to kiss the lips of a girl wearing lip gloss...don't want any of Garfield's or Foofoo's intestines getting in the way!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Hey, just dropped in because you asked me to. For anyone interested in signing a petition against this sort of practice, please follow the link in my signature.

I'm vegan and it can be very difficult avoiding foods that have animal content. When I was a vegetarian I used to enjoy licorice allsorts until I read the ingredients list and found out they contained gelatin. Poor me, I'd only found out what gelatin was a week or two before, so there was another enjoyable item on the prohibited list

It's not up to me to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't be eating, but I do defend my right to ask that the animals slaughtered for the dinner table (or anything else) are humanely treated.

It detracts from the humanity of all of us when people behave in a cruel way towards the creatures we share this planet with. We all arrive here in a similar way which, to me, suggests that we all have an equal right to be here and to enjoy our lives.

A gnat might not mean much to a human but, surely, his life means as much to him as our lives mean to us.

It's interesting that China is being over-run with rats because the cats are disappearing. A few decades ago they declared war on birds only to find that without the birds to eat them, insects were destroying the crops.

And let's not forget that the dogs mentioned in this article were pets. If a person finds themselves unable to empathise with the plight of the dog, try understanding how its owner would feel to see it treated so cruelly.

Of course it isn't only China who is guilty of wicked and barbaric treatment towards animals, and I'm not tarring all Chinese with the same brush. As said already, some of these dogs were the pets of Chinese people.

I have the capacity to be outraged many times when I hear of this sort of thing. I wouldn't save my anger and disgust for just one country. Cruelty is not right whoever is responsible for it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If any of those activists eat any type of meat, they're thinking with their heart and not their brain. That would make them idiots.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Cows are food, my dogs are my buddies, just the way i see it.
In my life my opinion is the only one that matters.
You can have yours too fortunately for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
CBS News Link
Great news in Chinese Animal protection. It should server as an example from the kind souls who helped the dogs. If the trend continues animals will be treated better. Whereas culturally the animals in China/brought to are used from medicine(Tiger organs and Bear Bile) to food as noted. It doesn't mean that it has to stay the same and it won't kill their culture as it is unique, they should want to progress. Taking part in compassion with really help their advancement towards a better nation overall.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm quite partial to a bit of collie flower !

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Is it necessary to plunge a live animal into boiling water and then skin it alive????

Sick, sick people.

I saw some chinese soul-less barbarians doing this on a tv docu years ago - those images have haunted my every living day since

I have nothing against people who choose to eat meat, but for gods sake kill the animal quickly so there is no prolonged suffering.

Or does meat taste better when the animal has been tortured to death?
edit on 20-4-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by boncho

Cows are food, my dogs are my buddies, just the way i see it.
In my life my opinion is the only one that matters.
You can have yours too fortunately for you.

The difference is I don't expect people to live according to my opinion.

Cows are your food and dogs are your buddies because that is how you were raised.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've been a meat eater for 56 yrs , turned vegetarian 6 months ago . No going back . Better late than never.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
Is it necessary to plunge a live animal into boiling water and then skin it alive????

Sick, sick people.

I saw some chinese soul-less barbarians doing this on a tv docu years ago - those images have haunted my every living day since

I have nothing against people who choose to eat meat, but for gods sake kill the animal quickly so there is no prolonged suffering.

Or does meat taste better when the animal has been tortured to death?

What do you have to say about lobster?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Personally , I have never tried it . I know that vegetarians are wannabe vegans but every little helps . I square it with my conscience by knowing I no longer eat animals that we have a direct relationship with . I hope , someday to stop eating fish and eggs . In the meantime I'm a hypocrite but I won't go back to eating meat just because my argument is flawed.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I have never eaten lobster.

But I say the same for any living creature. There is no need for cruelty. It is obscene.

That is what I say about lobster, and any other animal.

Cruelty says alot about a person.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join