Activists Save Chinese Dogs From Cooking Pot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Hundreds of dogs being trucked to Chinese restaurants were saved from being cooked and served in restaurants after about 200 animal lovers mobilized to stop them ending up on dinner tables, Chinese state-run media said Monday.

A truck crammed with the dogs was forced to stop Friday on a highway in eastern Beijing by a motorist who swerved his car in front of the truck and then used his microblog to alert animal-rights activists, reports said.

The dogs, many apparently stolen from their owners, were being transported from the central Chinese province of Henan to restaurants in Jilin province in the northeast, the China Daily said. It said 430 dogs were rescued, while the Global Times put the number at 520.

Yahoo News

A happy ending to a sad story for now. I'm sure that this a has been going on for a long time. I'll just make sure I don't walk my dogs in that neighborhood.
edit on 19-4-2011 by ambient moon because: Link

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The articles is not found!
Source? Find another source?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I found one that worked for me.

Try this one

That was a great thing to do!! It was a lucky day for those dogs. To bad we cant say the same thing for many others. If only people would catch them at it more often.

So sad...

"They were squeezing and pressing on each other and some were biting and fighting, and I saw some were injured or sick," according to Li Wei, who is the manager of Capital Animal Welfare Association and one of the people who participated in the rescue. Li said at least one dog had died in the truck.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
everyones got to realize that the animals we breed for intelligence and social behavior will be the most successfull in the enviroment we are creating...

That will leave them as the most abundant source of free range meat. Of course soon with the ability to grow muscle tissue with stem cells in large vats... the need for beasts of burden will be at an end.

Its a momentary non-issue in the grand scale of human evolution.

waaaaahh!!! the ants are farming aphids... dont the aphids have the rights to freedom an happiness? i saw an aphid being carried away to their underground colony yesterday and it had the saddest look in its compund eye.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

Reminds ,me of a joke...
Two young hill billies take their first trip to a big city...
there the see a man pushing a cart , a sign reads, "Hot Dogs"
so the one hillbilly say's M' hungry... lets go get us some of those.... and off they go...

A short while later the pair of hillbilly's stare into their bags and one nudges his buddy and ask's

"So what part of the dog did you get"?

Sorry but the truth is ... in many parts of the world dog's are raised for eating...
in fact the chinese government recently asked her citizens to stop eating the cats as they now have a growing rat problem

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
we euthanize thousands of dogs daily, we could be putting it towards feeding the hungry in china. kinda not right for us to push our beliefs of what should and shouldnt be used for food on them. excuse me for this example but its kinda like a muslim pushing sharia in a western country.
edit on 19-4-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

this is a vegetarians PoV

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good for them, i would personally eat a human before eating any dog.
There is a reason to keep dogs alive, i don't have much of an argument for some humans.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I saw this on Sky news today and it warmed my heart.
Lets hope this becomes a proper movement in China,and happens so much the industry of sick cruelty collapses.

Some of those poor dogs had collars and tags on according to Sky.
China have ZERO animal cruelty laws said Sky news.
Disgusting if true..
I was at the point of tears and the nasty place of anger when I saw a cowering german shepard in the lorry.
If I posted my true thoughts about this practice I would be banned from ATS,and quite probably get a visit from the authorities.

Come on China,I know you are not all evil dog abusers.
Stand up and end this practice.
There are other sources of food which are not so Karma wreaking IMO.

I am sending berenike to see this thread as his signiture has a petition to end this sick practice.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So what's the difference between a dog and a chicken? You can't make nuggets with dogs. Was that funny or off-topic?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

actually if you seen the gunk nuggets are made out of youd probably figure they can be made out of any animal.

Cantonese cuisine this is what its for though

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
There is a reason to keep dogs alive, i don't have much of an argument for some humans.

When Doomsday rolls by, I know who to stay away from *cough*
I'll kill the dog and tell you it's human meat.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
So what's the difference between a dog and a chicken? You can't make nuggets with dogs. Was that funny or off-topic?

Because a chicken is not recognised as "man's best friend" maybe?

Don't ask me friend,I am a vegetarian since 1986.
Or at least I try to be,but have been caught out sometimes with certain ingredients over the years.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

What about Cows... Aren't they sacred in some parts of the World?

Amazing that because people are indoctrinated to believe something it becomes impossible to understand how others think.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by ambient moon

There some places where you are not living in us lifestyle and you got to eat to live. Once you undertstand that you will wont question these. This isnt usa so get along with it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It doesn't just happen in China. I have personally seen a skinned dog sitting on a kitchen counter waiting to be cooked in Texas several years while visiting some people of the Asian culture whom I knew at that time. I thought at initial glance it was something else, but upon asking, they confirmed what it was. Always wondered why there were never any stray dogs in the neighborhood.....Needless to say I did not stay for dinner and after a few minutes made up some sort of excuse for having to leave.

edit on 4/19/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this and alerting people to this.

Here in America we gass millions of dogs and cats each year.

WARNING GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING

The needle is too expensive, gassing is cheaper and most kill shelters, particularly in the Southern USA still gass unwanted dogs and cats.

Now, what do they do with the bodies afterwards?

They are dumped in a garbage truck and sent to rendering plants.

So, America is no better than China really.

Do not buy any dog from a pet shop.

Do adopt and rescue a dog and or cat from a kill shelter.

Do research before you adopt a companion because a dog or cat from a kill shelter may need more time, training and understanding to become "normal".

The last video says 1 million - one of the officials at the ASPCA told me at a dinner that, that number is low, it's more likely 8-10 million every year.

Do spay or neuter your dog or cat.

We are as bad as the Chinese, our companion animals, dogs who have hunted along side of and served man faithfully are rewarded by being shoved in a box and gassed.

It's a animal holocaust.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” - Mahatma Ghandi

I say we wash our own dirty laundry before trying to tell someone else how to wash theirs.

Now while we gass our dogs and render them into a paste for god knows what, the Chinese and many Asian countries consider dog a delicacy and in order to tenderize the meat they beat the dogs to death which isn't much better than gassing them.

I adopted a death row dog, she was a puppy mill breeder for six years and than sent to a high kill shelter in Georgia.

Please adopt, please boycot all pet shops and puppy mills.

They have no voice, they have no vote and thus no rights.
edit on 19-4-2011 by ofhumandescent because: fixed 1st video

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yourtweeter

What goes around comes around.............with that statement and how your heart is, what if your next life time you came back as one of those dogs?

Karma is a twitch baby.

for your heartlessness.

And yes, pretty much I am a vegan. The little meat I do eat is wild salmon and free range chicken of which I visited the farm they come from.

I never eat baby animals neither.

Now, sometimes some people do have to eat animal protein to live, so be it, but with a skilled slaughter house worker, the animal can be killed quickly and humanely.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourtweeter
Reply to post by ambient moon

There some places where you are not living in us lifestyle and you got to eat to live. Once you undertstand that you will wont question these. This isnt usa so get along with it.

Sorry friend,I am from the land of the sleeping dragon,Wales.
-Where dogs have been mans and womens best friend for centuries.

And I will never accept the sort of treatment dogs and cats get in China so far.
I hope they shape up and change soon.
For the sake of their own advancement IMO.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by Jepic

Because a chicken is not recognised as "man's best friend" maybe?

Don't ask me friend,I am a vegetarian since 1986.
Or at least I try to be,but have been caught out sometimes with certain ingredients over the years.

Maybe to you they are mans best friend, to others it is just another animal to eat.... i honestly don't see what the problem is...pigs are just as intelligent if not more so than dogs yet we eat them. If the Chinese people want to eat dogs let them, if they don't then they will choose not to...simple as that as far as im concerned.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

True what you say,none of my business in China essentially.
You are lucky to have a more rational opinion on the subject than me maybe.

I am biased,for I have seen some of the best ways dogs interact with,and in some case save the lives of their friends,the humans.
Thats why I dislike how certain folks treat dogs.

Just my humble take on the matter friend.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join