It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**If we invade will there be a draft?**

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'd rather go to jail, than be drafted by a country that has hated me for centuries. (I'm African American)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think it's hilarious that someone mentioned women draft should be mandatory.
I mean, sure women are capable of fighting but you act like there is complete male/female equality in this country. It's like saying, you still earn less than man, are less likely to be promoted, more likely to lose jobs, but HEY in a case of war you're good enough to be forcibly drafted like men!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

. A big question will be whether or not to include women in a mandatory draft and the prevailing opinion is yes. I agree with them. If the draft is good enough for men, it should be equally suitable for women to be drafted.

I agree but for a whole different reason. I WANT them to start drafting men and women for their mid east wars.

Why? Not because I support these wars, but because I dont.

Drafting men, and especially drafting women, will wake America up in a way that killing thousands of innocent people in foreign countries for their resources will not. Its easy to not care about other people. But when it can affect YOU, oh holy Jesus on the cross, THEN its a problem.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by newcovenant

. A big question will be whether or not to include women in a mandatory draft and the prevailing opinion is yes. I agree with them. If the draft is good enough for men, it should be equally suitable for women to be drafted.

I agree but for a whole different reason. I WANT them to start drafting men and women for their mid east wars.

Why? Not because I support these wars, but because I dont.

Drafting men, and especially drafting women, will wake America up in a way that killing thousands of innocent people in foreign countries for their resources will not. Its easy to not care about other people. But when it can affect YOU, oh holy Jesus on the cross, THEN its a problem.

Very good point I hadn't considered.
Peace is underrated.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
dont know if they will bring back the draft or not..but i do see a general lack of dicipline today..young men who never recieved dicipline at home..learned how to be a man in the service..the kid from the getto could escape that life..me..i joined the Navy in 1968..two years in the army would change a lot..remindes me of the book Starship Troopers..if you wanted to vote you had to serve

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher
there is no need for a draft. the military is over maned plus people are joining because of bad economy. what makes you think we would need one?

you're right, there is no need when we have limitless fighter jets, self-armed turrets and computers to do anything a human can do, but better and more heartless.
edit on 3-6-2011 by dumboooo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2011 by dumboooo because: typo

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

I'm glad we were all volunteers,hostages make lousy warriors.And people who aren't warriors actually impede a good fight in the field with their predilections.If you don't want to kill at all stay away from it.We have to do it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well we don't have to be jerks about it.
No, no draft.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wait a minute if both men and women are drafted who will take of the kids? How does a draft work. I am assuming their is an age limit? I think women should be able to fight in the military if they want but I also feel the same about men. If men or women chose to be in the service that is one thing but drafting everyday citzens is wrong.
Women are build pyschically weaker than men in most cases but women are mentally stronger so I know women could do it it just shouldn't be done.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
For those of us old and sad enough to have been around on ATS since the begginning of the Iraq War, this forum was repleat with threads espousing the exact same thing..

"Draft imminent!"
"WW3 closer - Will Russia back iraq?"
"China about to dump dollar and declare War!"

All of which were obviously bogus and paranoid fantasies.

I think we are seeing the exact same thing here, just like the annual "We're about to invade Iran" and "Rapture next Tuesday - right after lunch.." threads

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
reply to post by newcovenant

Well we don't have to be jerks about it.
No, no draft.

It appears as though we do. Well you anyway.
Now mind telling me what are you talking about?
And while you are at it, check the date on that post you are answering.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I would harbor a draft dodger! I would, and they can put that in my file with a sticky note too! LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
Ok i read an artical about england sending ground troops into libya. (www.thesun.co.uk...) I can only guess if the U.K. sends troops we will not be far behind. We have to be getting close to or limit on troops. This isn't even counting the fact that there are many places in the world that could break into war at any min. So now i have some questions about the draft. I was not alive during the nam era so i'm not sure about the details of a draft. So if you could help answer my questions i would be very greatful. Thank you.

1) Do you think there will be a draft here in the U.S.A.?
2) How does the draft work? I know it is like a lotto with birthdays but does it break down into years or just days?
3) IF there was a draft when do you think it would start?

say your prayers and pack your bags.

canada won't save you now.

i just missed nam by a year. they will make you sign up and give you a number.

if you are able bodied, ya gettin a free trip, most meals included. if you are sickly, ya might stay in the US.

edit on 4-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

Many of these men are on their 4th, 5th or even 6th full combat tours. Vietnam had a tour of 12 MONTHS and we lost nearly an entire generation to that place. What is the result of the same operational tempo or worse, x's 5? We are using these kids up and throwing them away. It's one thing for the locals of a nation at war to be fighting for years on end. It is their home. They have no choice, and that is a part of how they survive the experience when it ends. It's quite another to have them sent to a far away land for the up teenth time and expect them to be Okay when they come back. There is a limit to what our boys can take without serious damage and for many, ONE TOUR was it...yet they go back. Stop this madness. At least stop it with the same people.

These are the very best and most loyal kids our nation has. It's why many signed up to serve in the first place. They WILL keep going back until they just up and outright break. That is the nature of recruiting the best. Stop asking them to go back.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

To be honest i don't think there will be a lot of people to draft, WW3 will be all about depopulating the earth (The New World Order) and therefor most of the "battles" will be fought using bombs (nuclear, biological, chemical).
Man power isn't needed when it comes to that kind of war fare.

Plans are underway now, implemented by the New World Order Elite, to depopulate the planet's 6-7 billion people to a manageable level of between 500 million and 2 billion

www.rense.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join