It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birther bill' vetoed by Arizona governor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a bill late Monday that would have required President Barack Obama and other presidential candidates to prove they were American citizens, born in the United States, before their names could have been placed on the state ballot. The so-called "birther bill" got final approval in the state House last week. Now that Brewer, a Republican, has vetoed it, the bill will not become law unless legislators vote to override her veto. "As a former Secretary of State, I do not support designating one person as a gatekeeper to the ballot for a candidate, which could lead to arbitrary or politically-motivated decisions," the governor wrote in a letter addressed to the Arizona House speaker.

Honesty how could veto such a bill?
Unless they KNOW its the truth and are afraid.
wake UP NOW PEOPLE do not vote for obama!!!!

The powers that rule this country know we know obama is not born in the united states.
This is 100% proof there is more to this conspiracy theory than most want to admit.

To the Governor...There is no matter more important than making sure our president is born on united sates soil.
Military base at least....

So call me names i dont care but this is 100% proof there is a major cover up in play.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Here is a quote from her veto response.."I never imagined being presented with a bill that could require candidates for President of the greatest and most powerful nation on earth to submit their 'early baptismal or circumcision certificates' among other records to the Arizona Secretary of State," Brewer wrote in her veto letter. "This is a bridge too far."

Link

I guess she is trying to clean up Arizona's image and by doing so would make it appear that they are not falling into this conspiracy theory...At least that is what I got out of the article...I think like any job you have to provide some credentials and if this was not an issue with Obama and things were quiet I don't anyone would vote against this...what a shame..

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Get serious.

This is 100% proof that a female politician thinks requiring circumcision and baptismal records is retarded. And it is, too. Just like the entire birther argument.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

"early baptismal or circumcision certificates"
I think that was a bit tongue and cheek...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Honestly what is so bad about asking for a long form birth certificate?
He is running for president of the us.

If i want to rent a government run apartment i am not allowed to use what obama showed.
Can you not see the hypocrisy there?

Its ok to be able to be president with no long form bc..but heaven forbid you try to rent a apartment with one lol

The fact is all states need this law passed cause it isnt right.
Its like taking the word of a politician that he isn't lying

and you know they never tell the truth.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This Governor is no fan of Obama and these days it is really difficult to find anyone that is! I think she simply wants to appear mainstream and not a fringe element of her party.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Get serious.

This is 100% proof that a female politician thinks requiring circumcision and baptismal records is retarded. And it is, too. Just like the entire birther argument.

How is it retarded?

give me real proof he is a natural born citizen!!!!
You cant or we wouldn't be here right now arguing the fact.

But any man woman that runs for president should be forced to show proof they was born here naturally.
So this argument doesn't come up again.
and where does that hurt? it doesnt unless you want a foreign President to screw you country up lol

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

This Governor is no fan of Obama and these days it is really difficult to find anyone that is! I think she simply wants to appear mainstream and not a fringe element of her party.

exactly my point.
there afraid of obama's media
anything they say or do against him will make them racist's or worse.
and basically seals there political career.
Those who keep there mouths shut get there paychecks lol

either way the system is corrupt when politicians are afraid to pass laws to conform with obama wants and the media.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a bill late Monday that would have required President Barack Obama and other presidential candidates to prove they were American citizens, born in the United States, before their names could have been placed on the state ballot. The so-called "birther bill" got final approval in the state House last week. Now that Brewer, a Republican, has vetoed it, the bill will not become law unless legislators vote to override her veto. "As a former Secretary of State, I do not support designating one person as a gatekeeper to the ballot for a candidate, which could lead to arbitrary or politically-motivated decisions," the governor wrote in a letter addressed to the Arizona House speaker.

New legislation is not needed. Each major political party certifies their nominated candidates to each state to be included on the ballot. The responsibility for the accuracy is the responsibility of the individual States.
The governor already has the authority to direct the state attorney general to to direct the election officials to look further than the individual political parties statement of qualification and challenge candidates when the circumstance warrants.

The Governor has the authority to do what the bill calls for, veto is the correct action.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It's retarded because the FBI and Secret Service already checked him out. The FBI checks out everyone in the Federal Government. The Secret Service checks out every Presidential candidate. It's retarded because it's a political dog and pony show; bread and circuses for the masses, who are too stupid to know any better. It's retarded because our elected representatives should be doing the work of the people, and not engaging in pointless and expensive partisan posturing, for soundbites on the 6 o'clock news.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There are already a few existing threads on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments to the following. Please take advantage of the NEW ATS SEARCH feature, which is linked in my signature below.

Thank You

Closed.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator
edit on 4/19/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join