It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Reaches $1,500 For First Time In History

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by jude11
Silver might reach 44 today or tomorrow. That's where to invest IMO. Not only is it out performing gold but it's something that an average budget can handle.

Just a thought.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From what I understand, precious metals are not to be used as an "investment". Unless of course you are manipulating the market for that reason...which I doubt anyone here has the capabilities to do...but I do think it is being done and the common folk are being used as the funds for it.

It smells like a bubble to me. In the housing bubble, housing was being "sold" as a solid investment...kind of sound familiar huh???

This theory is definitely a popular one.

If people were still buying at say, 100 per oz, yes I can see it. People that have bought at 35 or less I believe are more secure being that the loss would be minimal in a burst.

IMO

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

Physical physical physical

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Don't have a job?

Now is the time to become a prospector, build or buy a sluice box, get a metal detector, learn how to file a claim and take to the hills.

It's easy, it's hard work but now is the environment that fortunes can be made.

www.dailyfinance.com...
edit on 19-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Thanks for the reply, so basically if things don't get too bad and the world goes on as it is with these current financial, political and societal structures relatively unchanged then buying gold is a good idea, maybe...(assuming they don't steal it, or lose it, or deny it to us, and keep their commitments to us.(Considering the amount and frequency that our "leaders" do lie, steal and do bad things to us doesn't give me any confidence in trusting them this time.)

If SHTF and the world and these structures change greatly then basically gold is a waste of money and a bad idea. (by waste of money I mean wasted opportunity to buy more useful things while I had the chance.). But yes that is another topic.

As for this topic, gold reaching $1,500 for the first time in history, we knew it was coming, everyone said it was coming, here it is, its only going to go higher and higher because currency is falling lower and lower. Watch what happens when the dollar is practically worthless, it's only a matter of time now.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I completely agree with you, sorry if I wasn't clear before, but I never said money was worth something or that I could eat or drink it. BUT, if we spend all our money before its worthless we will then have things to eat and drink.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Nice video thanks, looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't trust "them" holding onto my gold.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Just noticed your location. We're neighbors! Bedford/Bayer's Lake here.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The dollar is rising in a 3yr trend despite attempts to kill it or keep it down.
Here is the proof.

Article with Chart

Now if someone were to have been driving down the dollar 5 years ago to hoard up dollars as soon as they noticed the up trend, how rich could they get when it breaks .92 ? If they horded at .75 then allow it to skyrocket at .92 by relaxing the Fed, a sell off at 1.20 could happen fast.

So why has gold been going up the same time as the dollar? Why is all the MSM news saying the dollar is going down at the same time as gold is going up? Will Gold suddenly drop if the dolllar skyrockets at .92? If it does someone will have a strong dollar buying a weak gold (get lots of gold per dollar) then the market would flip and the gold would go up if the currency exchange for gold was big enough all at once.
Has there ever been anyone in history to manipulate money markets like this?

For all of that to happen there would obviously have to by lies and fed manipulation in play, both of which we can see in that chart from the recent past.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Think of gold and precious metals as condensed wealth. An ounce of gold can fit into pocket but an equivalent present day value of rice or flour might take up half a room. If I had to flee my home and move 1500 miles away to find safety due to some upheaval it’s a good way to preserve as much of my wealth as possible to help me rebuild. Its also good to buy that tank of gas when no one is accepting cash or credit or to bribe some LEO or local functionary.

In a total TEOTWAWKI, SHTF scenario, it aint worth anything, but I place the likelihood of such an event to be so unlikely that I just don’t plan for it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Haha nice one! Nice to meet someone from around here!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
reply to post by jude11

Haha nice one! Nice to meet someone from around here!

You do look familiar tho. Only 2 places where I might have met you. Korea? Or a small bakery near Tantallon?

Maybe not.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by jude11
Silver might reach 44 today or tomorrow. That's where to invest IMO. Not only is it out performing gold but it's something that an average budget can handle.

Just a thought.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From what I understand, precious metals are not to be used as an "investment". Unless of course you are manipulating the market for that reason...which I doubt anyone here has the capabilities to do...but I do think it is being done and the common folk are being used as the funds for it.

It smells like a bubble to me. In the housing bubble, housing was being "sold" as a solid investment...kind of sound familiar huh???

Sigh and yawn....like usual you regurgitate rubbish! A bubble, hence the notion of something bursting must be over inflated. However, since less than 5% of the world population have holdings in gold or silver there is no bubble.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Good points and a good plan, but again that's assuming people are going to trade you stuff for your gold, also people who are willing trade for it are not going to give you anywhere close to the value of what you paid for it, your not going to get $1,500 worth of food per ounce from someone you met out along the road, you'd probably get more like $150 worth of stuff in return, maybe.

I tend to lean towards thinking the sh#t is going hit the fan pretty hard.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have been to Tantallon many times in my life, but I'm sure about a small bakery.. hmm haha never been to Korea though! So it wasn't there. I think I've seen you on the discovery channel a few times
seriously though nice avatar, I love wolves.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What is money? :

Evolution of trade of "money" for services:

Trading goods > trading gold > trading coins > trading paper money > trading debt

Dollar collapse soon?
edit on 19-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A dollar collapse very may well be in the works.

I put aside about fifty pounds of silver, and a bit of gold, and no, I don't keep it in some vault 600 miles away.

I was just refining a bit more silver so I could sell about a hundred ounces and then purchase stamped .999 one-ounce ingots.

The dollar isn't worth a damn.

Between Obama and Congress, it will soon enough be cheaper to wipe your pucker with dollar bills rather that toilet paper.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
Sigh and yawn....like usual you regurgitate rubbish! A bubble, hence the notion of something bursting must be over inflated. However, since less than 5% of the world population have holdings in gold or silver there is no bubble.

And less than ,1% of the population owned collateralized debt obligations ... how did that turn out for them?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the University of Texas just bought a bzillion in physical gold...
universities have egg heds in them
spell Nazis...
dumb dumbs

what could a bunch of extrememly wealthy, well educated, university types
who are conneted all the way to the top of the pile
know?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

And less than ,1% of the population owned collateralized debt obligations ... how did that turn out for them?

Nice strawman, Mike...but hey you had to come with something right? But jesus almighty did you really just try to compare precious metals with toxic assets....I mean are you kidding me? I'll tell you what big guy, not sure if you own any precious metals, but if you do, I'll gladly buy them off you.

I will give you this though, you did just accurately describe what a true bubble is so much appreciated.

Sub prime mortgages - BUBBLE
CDO's - BUBBLE
Collateralized debt obligations - BUBBLE
Gold/Silver - NOPE

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Just another reason to INVEST IN GOLD. It is going up while everything else goes down.
Wait, what am I saying? I think I have watched too many Rosland Capital commercials on Fox.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join