It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Greenhouse gases drop to a 15 year low..." maybe the economic collapse was orchestrated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article about how in 2009 greenhouse gas levels in the US dropped to a 15 year low as a result of the economic downturn and people driving less and using less gasoline and electricity.

Greenhouse gas emissions in the US dropped to their lowest level in 15 years in 2009 as the impact of the financial crisis led to decreases in fuel and electricity consumption, according to newly published figures. In 2009, the US saw its emissions of the six main greenhouses gases drop 6 per cent year-on-year to 6,633m metric tonnes, the lowest total since 1995. Despite that annual fall, emissions rose by more than 7.3 per cent between 1990 and 2009.

I can't help but wonder if the economic collapse was orchestrated in order to perpetuate the agenda of the man made global warming crowd. The original plan for a cap and trade system was clearly never going to see the light of day, so they had to come up with a back-up plan and the economic collapse may have been it. I am of the opinion that the economic collapse was in fact orchestrated for various reasons, and the lowering of greenhouse gas emissions may have been the icing on the cake. Also, if greenhouse gas levels are at a 15 year low, then why is the EPA still attempting to pass regulations with the goal of policing carbon emissions? I welcome your thoughts.

Greenhouse gas levels drop to a 15 year low

edit on 19-4-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: title too long

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Also, if greenhouse gas levels are at a 15 year low, then why is the EPA still attempting to pass regulations with the goal of policing carbon emissions? I welcome your thoughts.

Because it being at a 15 year low once does not mean it will continue to stay low. Because if we ever get out of this recession, things will go back to how they were before.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Now see.......there is a real life, plausible, intelligent conspiracy!!

With gas bouncing up and down near $4 per gallon, I think we will get to see another summer of less and less travel. This could affect airlines, oil producers, refineries, etc.

I think your conspiracy could be expanded to include the crumbling infrastructure of the US. The aging roads and bridges and power grids. Maybe the economy is in an engineered fall to ease the load on that infrastructure? Maybe it is to raise unemployment to lower contract prices for those government jobs? Maybe it is to allow some other country to step up to the plate and carry the burden for awhile?

The conspiracy could be vast!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Now see.......there is a real life, plausible, intelligent conspiracy!!

With gas bouncing up and down near $4 per gallon, I think we will get to see another summer of less and less travel. This could affect airlines, oil producers, refineries, etc.

I think your conspiracy could be expanded to include the crumbling infrastructure of the US. The aging roads and bridges and power grids. Maybe the economy is in an engineered fall to ease the load on that infrastructure? Maybe it is to raise unemployment to lower contract prices for those government jobs? Maybe it is to allow some other country to step up to the plate and carry the burden for awhile?

The conspiracy could be vast!

I agree, this conspiracy could go on and on with no end in sight. Regardless, it would eventually come full circle and the result, if the agenda of the conspiracy is ever realized, would be complete, totalitarian control over human existence. Basically 1984.

new topics

top topics

join