It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA symbols and rocket ship etched into strange concrete table next to Skinwalker Ranch.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Breakning news just sent to me by a member on my website's forum. i posted here to get some assistance on identifying what the origins of this plaque/memorial is?! and its location next to Skinwalker Ranch is even more suspect. (also its located in the middle of no where....)

Hey, i stopped there this morning and I think someone took the emblems with the NASA symbols it said NASA on them with a rocket ship on them. Unless its covered by some of the gravel I didn't spend too long cuz I have to work. But there is some strange hooks on each corner as if the tablet was lifted in place or meant to be picked up. There is still 2 emblemsi saw but they don't have the ship on them. The coords I gave u last night are correct just be careful of the potholes.

posting the photos shortly... amazing discovery and a big thank you to Utetribe for sharing this. Will take some time to investigate this mystery.

photos can be seen at: skinwalkerranch.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That looks small enough that you could pick it up and throw it in the back of a pickup truck and make off with it. I will bet it does not stay there long.
edit on 4-19-2011 by groingrinder because: Edited for clarity.

edit on 4-19-2011 by groingrinder because: I did not clarify it enough with the first edit.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
thats why im hesitant to give out coordinates until I arrive on scene. From the sounds of it a medium duty winch might be able to lift that block out of the ground.... wonder whats below....

edit on 19-4-2011 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe it is a cap to keep demons in? Like the lid to pandoras box.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am pretty sure the GSFC is Goddard Space Flight Center. But I have no clue what the rest may mean. Could this be a fallen satellite?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am pretty sure the GSFC is Goddard Space Flight Center. But I have no clue what the rest may mean. Could this be a fallen satellite?

no clue what any of it means, thats why i'm posting this here on ATS, larger audience to help answer this mystery.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why don't you ask Nasa?

second line.

link   
I'll post one of the pictures here:

please visit the link i posted above to see the other photos.

link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Breakning news just sent to me by a member on my website's forum. i posted here to get some assistance on identifying what the origins of this plaque/memorial is?! and its location next to Skinwalker Ranch is even more suspect. (also its located in the middle of no where....)

Hi very interesting, I Googled the name NASA-GSFC here's what I came up with:

The Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) is a major NASA space research laboratory established on May 1, 1959 as NASA's first space flight center.[1] GSFC employs approximately 10,000 civil servants and contractors, and is located approximately 6.5 miles (10.5 km) northeast of Washington, D.C. in Greenbelt, Maryland, USA. GSFC, one of ten major NASA field centers, is named in recognition of Dr. Robert H. Goddard (1882–1945), the pioneer of modern rocket propulsion in the United States.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe the table was donated to the park? just a thought I enjoyed seeing it Cheers coco

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
its a concrete and metal plaque capped into the ground in the middle of no where.... its not a table.

also there is a picture of a rocket ship on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Chances are, because it has the words "NASA" on it, it probably isn't a major secret. While it is very interesting, sending NASA a question about it might get an answer. They did leave their name on it after all...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Okay forgive me..I had no idea what Skinwalker ranch was I had to go look that up..Heres a snippet from Wiki for those like myself who didn't know.

According to local legend, Skinwalker Ranch, also known as Sherman Ranch, is a property located on approximately 480 acres (1.9 km2) southeast of Ballard, Utah that is allegedly the site of paranormal and UFO related activities. Its name is taken from the skin-walker of Native American legend. Claims about the ranch first appeared in the alternative weekly Las Vegas Mercury as a series of articles by journalist George Knapp. Knapp and co-author Colm Kelleher later authored a book[1] in which they describe the ranch being acquired by the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDSci) to study anecdotal sightings of UFO's, bigfoot-like creatures, crop circles, glowing orbs, and poltergeist activity reported by its former owners.

[2] The ranch, located in west Uintah County bordering the Ute Indian Reservation, was popularly dubbed the "UFO ranch" due to its ostensible 50-year history of odd events said to have taken place there. According to Kelleher and Knapp, they saw or investigated evidence of close to 100 incidents that include vanishing and mutilated cattle, sightings of unidentified flying objects or orbs, large animals with piercing yellow eyes that they say were not injured when struck by bullets, and invisible objects emitting destructive magnetic fields. Among those involved were retired Army Colonel John B. Alexander who characterized the NIDSci effort as an attempt to get hard data using a "standard scientific approach".[3] However, the investigators admitted to "difficulty obtaining evidence consistent with scientific publication." Cattle mutilations have been part of the folklore of the surrounding area for decades, but NIDSci founder Robert Bigelow's purchase of the ranch and investigation funding was reportedly the result of his being convinced by stories of mutilations that included tales of strange lights and unusual impressions made in grass and soil told by the family of former ranch owner Terry Sherman.[4]

Now this changes things..let me investigate further
Link: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I don't think it's just that small metal cap. that disc is set inside the larger concrete slab from the way it looks.

OP ... is that correct?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I see the name Robert Bigelow listed here, he has a website
link: www.bigelowaerospace.com...

Robert T. Bigelow (born 1945) is a hotel and aerospace entrepreneur. He owns the hotel chain Budget Suites of America and is the founder of Bigelow Aerospace.[1][2] Bigelow Aerospace has launched two experimental space modules, Genesis I and Genesis II, and has plans for full-scale manned space habitats to be used as orbital hotels, research labs and factories.[3] He is also the founder of National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDSci).

I'm sure he has many contacts with individuals in NASA..It would be interesting to see what he has to say about this. Perhaps you could email him directly through his web site..there is a contact page..who knows maybe it would get to him and he would fill you in on the mystery. SnF coco

I just had another thought..why not email George Knapp of Coast to Coast am E-mail: [email protected] He knows Bob pretty well from what I have read.
edit on 19-4-2011 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

first comment - look at the ` 1985 ` - it looks wrong -

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Did a google search for "NASA 7290-C" which gave me the following result here .

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by krater

Wow how cool..so it was an old Observing Monument..what a good find

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

THE PROJECT HAS RECONSTRUCTED THE SITE. THE SITE IS NOW EQUIPPED WITH A UNIVERSAL PAD COMPATIBLE FOR OCCUPATION BY TLRS OR MV SYSTEMS

Primary Scientific Purposes: MEASUREMENTS SUPPORTING THE DETERMINATION OF REGIONAL DEFORMATION AND INTERCOMPARISON OF MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES.

TLRS system

MV may also stand for a ufo like black helicopter project by NASA ( i could be waaaay off here...) that many ranchers saw associated withthe cattle mutiliations which plaged that exact area around the 1980s

MV may also be in reference to a plama based rocket system

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Really amazing..thanks so much for posting this hiii_98, I learned something today about a place I had no idea existed with a very intriguing past!

One that I plan to do more research on I might add

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
overhead google maps view of the location

top topics

<<   2 >>

join