It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wide Mainstream Coverage of UFOS! They say they are aliens....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
...is a headline you may see one day....

But what would it mean?

Often people condemn the MSM as just an outlet for "TPTB" here on ATS and in other alternative media. Yet, if the MSM was to release information that certain people have been waiting to hear, I posit that most would not question it at all, and instead, take the information as final disclosure.

With the new influx of alternative media, as well as state sponsored news agencies such as: RT News, funded by the Russians... You have to wonder if you can trust just about any news source out there. Anything worth believing seems to come with a lot of backstory and great references. Which is one of the reasons I enjoy getting information from well-written books with large bibliographies and references.

Ironic that I have to source one news outlet to speak about another. 1

So what does this mean for UFOs and Aliens?

While most MSM outlets still spend the proper amount of time investigating claims, they have been fooled recently with public hoaxes, and have also misrepresented information that had been public for quite some time.12

Then we have the people who publish hoaxes on purpose for money making agendas, hint, ANW and their favorite source. Not to mention the YouTubers that are hoping to reach a million hits and make the youtube-partner program a gravy train reality for themselves.

The MSM is has it always has been. A great source of information, that can always be leaning on one side or the other. Some of it can be dismissed, and some of it is deadly accurate.

The most important thing to remember, is the spot in the middle, why is information being released and what is the purpose? Unless a major event happens where Aliens are hanging out with regular folk for bar-b-q's, I don't see anything coming out in the mainstream unless it is meant to distract or is a consequence of hoaxers and manipulators.

But that is just one opinion, lets hear yours...

edit on 19-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is an example of what I am talking about in this thread. Chances are the thread will be moved shortly. But the point I make, you will see in the thread. At first the video in question is validated with RT News, but then when information is posted that says RT decided the video is fake, the idea changes so that RT News is possibly covering up the event...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
lol ohhh misleading titles to play on my emotions to get an opinion of something that hasn't happened.... you got any ufo/alien stuff to show or are you just day dreaming.

i'm just tired of threads in ufo/alien about "what if this" or "what if that" or "how would you react" or "how would you feel" go to the chat room or something.
edit on 19-4-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

what ever is reported - some people will only believe it - if it fits thier current dogma

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
lol ohhh misleading titles to play on my emotions to get an opinion of something that hasn't happened.... you got any ufo/alien stuff to show or are you just day dreaming.

i'm just tired of threads in ufo/alien about "what if this" or "what if that" or "how would you react" or "how would you feel" go to the chat room or something.
edit on 19-4-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

See, you are upset about this thread being misleading, I hope you feel that way every time a hoax is posted... Or is that okay because it has "ufo/alien stuff" in it?

This isn't a thread on how you would react, how you would feel, etc. It is about whether or not you should believe something on the internet with no evidence to support it.

And why would people trust something that they say has been lying to them for ages...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
See, you are upset about this thread being misleading, I hope you feel that way every time a hoax is posted... Or is that okay because it has "ufo/alien stuff" in it?

This isn't a thread on how you would react, how you would feel, etc. It is about whether or not you should believe something on the internet with no evidence to support it.

And why would people trust something that they say has been lying to them for ages...

you hope I feel upset when someone lies to me? thats probably a given. but thanks for caring.

So this 'is about whether or not you should believe something on the internet with no evidence to support it." thats a big general question, so why is it directed towards the alien/ufo section?

"And why would people trust something that they say has been lying to them for ages..." people still believe in the bible lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm sorry i freaked out a bit but I'm a big advocate of this subject and i get excited at the prospect of new information.

I don't appreciate when someone is pretending to have a great news story only to be asking my opinion about something that hasn't happened.

so if i was rude i apologize, its just frustrating sometimes.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

you hope I feel upset when someone lies to me? thats probably a given. but thanks for caring.
Equality, that's all. Not meant to lie, but it was misleading, yes. Sorry about that. It seems to grab all the attention these days.

So this 'is about whether or not you should believe something on the internet with no evidence to support it." thats a big general question, so why is it directed towards the alien/ufo section?
It is in regards to Alien/UFOs

"And why would people trust something that they say has been lying to them for ages..." people still believe in the bible lol.
Wonderful point.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I don't appreciate when someone is pretending to have a great news story only to be asking my opinion about something that hasn't happened.
I agree with you entirely. And it was a pain for a lot of people on ATS when the FBI files were consolidated into "the vault" and media represented them for something they weren't.

It is a pain for a lot of people to have to explain in detail why something isn't real, when a 15 year old throws together a UFO clip on FCP.

Actually, one could make a 'how to' on investigating claims of Aliens and UFOs. A procedure or something along those lines. I'm sure some of the more weathered members of ATS have certain protocols they go by when looking into new claims. What to look for, where to look for it, etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I agree with you entirely. And it was a pain for a lot of people on ATS when the FBI files were consolidated into "the vault" and media represented them for something they weren't.

It is a pain for a lot of people to have to explain in detail why something isn't real, when a 15 year old throws together a UFO clip on FCP.

Actually, one could make a 'how to' on investigating claims of Aliens and UFOs. A procedure or something along those lines. I'm sure some of the more weathered members of ATS have certain protocols they go by when looking into new claims. What to look for, where to look for it, etc.

ugh, those vault files were a joke... still annoyed with that. it reminds me of my countries (Canada) ufo files.. they made this cute little map with a timeline to try to be hip or something.. when there isn't even any relevant information.

governments just trying to appease us to make us shut up, in the process discrediting out resolve. Because they definitely don't want to release the real files.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Here is an oldie from CBC.

Another old one, about the Falcon Lake incident, one of the highlights of the interactive map you were talking about. Here

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I like the guardian ufo case, mostly because of the weirdness of the letter, (you know what one im talking about?), from just outside of ottawa.

I've also recently come across a story of a ufo crashing in a lake near ottawa in 2009. i haven't had the time to research it properly though.

top topics

join