It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Plans $2.84B for Oil Refinery...In Colombia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So we refuse to drill our own oil here in the US so we can continue to fund countries that hate us. Now we are going to fund one of those countries to refine oil when we are broke.

The U.S. Export-Import Bank, an independent agency of the federal government, is now planning a $2.84-billion loan for a massive project to expand and upgrade an oil refinery--in Cartagena, Colombia. The money would go to Reficar, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ecopetrol, the Colombian national oil company. “This is part of a $5.18 billion refinery and upgrade project in Cartagena, Colombia supplying petroleum products to the domestic and export markets,” the Export-Import Bank said in a statement. The U.S. government-controlled bank says the $2.84-billion in financing it plans to undertake will be the second largest project it has ever done.

My guess is they take the money, refuse to pay us back, then rape us on the gas price that they will sell us.

Drill baby, drill

www.cnsnews.com...
edit on 19-4-2011 by truthorlies because: spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

Refineries provide products for local consumption not for export.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Refineries provide pollution for local consumption, not for export. However, the finished products of refineries are routinely exported in many places in the world.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

My guess is they take the money, refuse to pay us back, then rape us on the oil price that they will sell us.

you guessed it! You'd think we'd learn from our mistakes, but TPTB just go from one mistake to another. But it wouldn't come as a surprise if some back door deal occurred and someone got paid big time. Of course, we wont see any of that revenue.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Refineries provide pollution for local consumption, not for export. However, the finished products of refineries are routinely exported in many places in the world.

With all the clean air acts, refineries dont pollute nearly as much as they once did. Because new advanced technology of bespoke, has allowed to clean and unblock heat exchangers including all duct and pipe work that are used in the refinery process.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So what about the money that we are going to "lend" them? Do you think that we'll get it back? We have people here losing their jobs and homes and taxes are going to increase, why are we giving money to other countries??

Especially when we need our own oil and gas!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

These aren’t "loans" they are loan guarantees for companies that purchase US manufactured goods and engineering services. Thats what the Export Bank does.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I hope you remeber this the next time you fill your car up with gas.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Frankly, I don't care about my vehicles polluting. Let's get the price of gas down, so people have more money to go to school, so they can solve the petroleum issue.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I think if we all biked that'd solve some problems

Health + no gas + cleaner atmosphere = more health

top topics

join