It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time lapse video captures the amazing Milky Way galaxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is an amazing time lapse video of the Milky Way galaxy. I have no idea how to embed it so here is the link. If one of you more seasoned and knowledgeable ATSer's would be kind enough to embed it for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Time Lapse of the Milky Way

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
AMAZING! Could the sky really be like that though? Without light pollution and contamination?
edit on 19-4-2011 by Jepic because: he wanted to edit.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

No, this is done with higher exposure etc...but we would see it still, just not as brilliant

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That was pretty cool. Wonder why I never thought to look for one of these videos before...? Did you notice the big shooting star object going along the bottom of the screen towards the end? Pretty neat.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What a beautiful video! The night sky is amazing, but the clouds are very cool too!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wow that's a whole lotta beauty. I love time lapse cameras, it's amazing to see change sped up to something we can percieve.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Breathtaking! The beauty of the universe never ceases to amaze me. It does us all good to see this, as it makes us remember that we are but a small part of the vastness of the universe....humbling and inspiring. Thankyou for making my day!

top topics

join