It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Great thread and one of the few unruined thus far with too many "see a doctor" replies or "eye problems" responses! Please do not take this and hide it away in PMs.

Many of the patients I've worked with in nursing homes face exactly what the OP has described. Although, they do not just see shadow figures..... they can tell me what the "people" are dressed in and colors of clothing, etc. I know how real this is because I've watched various patients go through the very same things for years. And describe the same entities taunting them. Patients that never knew one another. Patients that questioned their own sanity and did not realize so many others experience it too.

Please, if only to help others, keep us updated on your experiences and do not just take this into private messages off from the view of others. You do not realize how many people you may help by discussing it in the forum.

As for any advice I can offer......... it seems that the patients that are harassed/taunted the most in the exact ways the OP describes..... are patients who the entities get the most reaction out of. The patients who could see them the best, etc.

I do know that to not have fear of them is very powerful.

My best guess, from my studies, are that these are merely deceased people.... spirits on the astral realms closest to us living. Like they are reluctant to leave.... so they try to get a reaction out of the so-called "living".

Although, I'm not referring to "the hat man" and the most common internet descriptions of "shadow people".

edit on 4/19/2011 by dreams n chains because: spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

If he goes to a doctor and tells him that he's seeing shadow people, the doctor is most likely going to diagnose him as a schizophrenic. Despite what you might think psychology is not a very exact science. If the doctor doesn't believe in shadow people then to the doctor they must be hallucinations. If he is "hallucinating" then the doctor will most likely diagnose him.

At which point it is quite likely he will be perscribed a drug on the order of seroquil. This drug can be, and usually is, extremely damaging to your life. It causes lethargy, depression, dissociation. People have been known to go into catatonic states for days as a side effect of this drug, and others like it. In many states it is even possible for the "doctor" to legally mandate that he take these drugs. Even having him locked in an asylum if he does not.

Despite your best intentions, as well as the good intentions of all the other posters giving such advise. Your advise for him to tell a doctor about his experiences, which you discount, could quite literally ruin his life.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I am going to post an edited version of a U2U that I sent out to a few members asking about my personal experiences with these things, as I have a long history of dealing with them.

I have dealt with them for most of my adult life, and have finally rid them from my immediate surroundings. They are not demonic, and they are not disembodied spirits. From what I can tell, they are some sort of multi-vibrational beings (aka astral/dimensional travelers....possibly even ET in origin). The fact that the OP has observed them obeying certain laws of our physics, such as avoiding walking into things, not walking through walls, etc. shows to me that something has shifted in either their energy patterns or our own. When they first started appearing to me, they would phase through walls, float above my bed, appear from under my bed or out from the closet- all things typical of the classic "boogeyman."

Given the fact that I have dealt with spirits, poltergeists, demons, and such as a paranormal investigator, I can tell you that the shadow people's "parlor tricks" didn't scare me one bit. If anything else, it pissed me off and caused me not to sleep well that night. Some nights were worse than others, but they were never able to physically interact with me. I can't say that for some of the other "traditional" cases that I have worked on.

The fact that these things are getting more persistent in their actions makes me wonder if the veil is thinning so much that they are gaining more power in this plane of existence. They definitely have an intelligence about them, but their motives are unclear, at least to me.

If any of you are indeed a "sensitive", then I recommend that you look up grounding and shielding techniques, as well as enacting "Castle Law" in your home. This is akin to the phrase: "My home is my Castle. You shall not enter without my permission." Even beings of Free-Will must obey and respect the law's of one's own property.

I have learned to manipulate energy to a certain degree which is enough to force them from my home if need be (this is akin to Chi, which is talked about in the Asian cultures quite frequently). They cannot be destroyed (nor can any incorporeal being, really), but they can be fought off if the situation comes to such. Getting angry at them only makes them stronger, so using a calm, cool head, center and shield yourself, and then forcefully command them to leave, reciting the Castle Law the whole time. If they laugh in your face, spit in theirs and remind them that they are bound to our physical laws. I personally have no patience for beings that do not respect the boundaries of others, and I'm very vocal about getting them out of others' homes.

Remember: from our own members' observations, they follow certain physical laws, but it seems to me that they cannot interact with us at a physical level.

These beings do not follow the laws of the Biblical God, or any other "God" for that matter. They are free-thinking, free-willed beings (as far as I can tell and observe). Praying does not work (and if it does work, you're not dealing with the Shadow Beings in question). Believe me, after seeing two different clients in two different parts of the state deal with them "watching" all night for weeks on end, and after not one but THREE different clergy visits, they called me in, as my name got out through word of mouth (friend of a friend type stuff...I don't advertise, as I want to avoid over exposure...I'm just a regular guy with a 9-5). Just stating that as a free-willed being, they must also obey the wishes of other free-willed beings concerning personal space, seemed to do the trick. Like I said, some of them are nastier than others, but for the most part they must obey certain laws, as Zombie observed them avoiding walking into chairs, doors, etc. Demons, ghosts, et al. do not follow physical laws, which says to me that these Shadow People must have some sort of physicality about them.

I hope that this extra info helps the thread somewhat. Please keep us all updated if any of you observe these things outside of the three main states: Black Mist, Fedora Man, or Hooded Figure. I have an open notebook that I keep just for Shadow Being notes. In case any of you missed my link to the shadow people archives here it is again. This is a collection of anecdotal stories from people all over. The consistency in the stories really makes me believe that this is something that needs to be really researched a lot further.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
mental illness,go get help, jokes about tinfoil hats, black helicopters, step away from the crack pipe, dont drink the bong water,take your meds, on board a ufo with elvis and bigfoot etc. I would tell you and show you how they program these responses in most of you but your alters would rebel and dig you deeper into the abyss of denial while simutaneously trapping you in the delusion of feeling smarter and more factually oriented

As for the OP ....dont lettem get you down ...one disturbed my dog pretty bad tonight...scared him to death...never saw him like this. I simply felt its presence. Weird kind of feeling...this wasnt God goosebumps more like fear goosebumps if that makes sense ...definately dark.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
As an addendum to my previous post, so that we're all on the same page about what I mean by the different classifications of Shadow Beings, here are some photos.

The classic "shadow figure" with just a basic humanoid outline, sometimes seen with red eyes (the peon).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ceb3f07adbe3.jpg[/atsimg]

The Fedora or "Hat Man" (the one that seems in charge) as some people have referred to these ones:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/301f5f542eb0.jpg[/atsimg]

And finally, the Hooded Monk (the observer/watcher):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67aad5549e85.jpg[/atsimg]

I apologize for the size of the last photo, but I couldn't find a better one to use.

This should give you all a better general outline of what I have described in my previous thread. I hope this helps.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieFinny
reply to post by CosmicEgg

i find it funny that some people who bother to post in this thread and say ''see a psychologist'' or something to that effect are the same people who post in forums about chemtrails, reptillians and barack obama being the antichrist.
I'm not going to dispute what they are saying (as that isn't what this thread is about) but i still think that it's hypocritical for such people to accuse us of insanity...

This.

I don't understand the point of literally signing up for a site that is SOLELY about the strange/uncommon JUST to call others "crazy".... its almost like signing up for a library card just to go in and call everyone a nerd. If everyone here is crazy, why not just stay a lurker? Why go through the trouble of signing all the way up and registering??

Trolls are trolly.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by ZombieFinny
reply to post by CosmicEgg

i find it funny that some people who bother to post in this thread and say ''see a psychologist'' or something to that effect are the same people who post in forums about chemtrails, reptillians and barack obama being the antichrist.
I'm not going to dispute what they are saying (as that isn't what this thread is about) but i still think that it's hypocritical for such people to accuse us of insanity...

This.

I don't understand the point of literally signing up for a site that is SOLELY about the strange/uncommon JUST to call others "crazy".... its almost like signing up for a library card just to go in and call everyone a nerd. If everyone here is crazy, why not just stay a lurker? Why go through the trouble of signing all the way up and registering??

Trolls are trolly.

Well, maybe because ATS has had a few members in recent past who went ape nuts crazy, killed people, or attempted to do so. In both cases, ats members tried to point out their mental instability, and were ultimately right.
edit on 20-4-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I hate to get off topic, but not one of the people that "went crazy" *cough* Jared Laughner, claimed to have seen spirits, ghosts, et al. He was more about strangely written logic questions, that didn't make sense to any of the members. I understand the concern, but not every single person out there having these experiences is going to snap and kill a dozen people.

Just sayin'.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

That's absolutely right. Going to a doctor is a very bad idea. Some of these beings can try to be quite intimidating, and for a person who is already frightened (which you probably are whether you know it or not) to try to understand that they are themselves attracting them is tough for even an "occultist", for want of a better word. A medical doctor is going to chuck a bunch of pills down their necks and put a label around their necks. That can last a lifetime and mess up a whole lot of stuff.

Better yet would be for us here to start teaching people to deal with these beings in a productive way. That would take a great commitment from us all though, and people frequently want a quick fix. They also don't want to acknowledge their part in things so it could prove more difficult for all parties.

We could ask for a forum to be started to address these matters with the caveat that references to medical care be given when it is clearly not a paranormal/occult/spiritual matter. That way we could rid ourselves of these helpful folk.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
reply to post by amongus

I hate to get off topic, but not one of the people that "went crazy" *cough* Jared Laughner, claimed to have seen spirits, ghosts, et al. He was more about strangely written logic questions, that didn't make sense to any of the members. I understand the concern, but not every single person out there having these experiences is going to snap and kill a dozen people.

Just sayin'.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

I agree...not every single one of them will. But mental illness takes other forms than "strangely written logic questions.". Some do see things that just aren't there, and are figments of their imagination.

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

reply to post by amongus

Just sayin'.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

I agree...not every single one of them will. But mental illness takes other forms than "strangely written logic questions.". Some do see things that just aren't there, and are figments of their imagination.

Just sayin'

Given the history and consistency of these sightings, at least concerning the Shadow Beings, there is a real, observable phenomena out there. Figment of all of their collective imaginations? I think not. Labeling everybody who sees these things as "crazy" and in need of meds will only detour those who would have otherwise shared these experiences. I do agree that there are people out there that need psych help, but not everybody that posts an odd occurrence on this forum is in need of psych help. Look at how many people still believe that Obama is the antichrist, or that G.W. Bush is a reptilian overlord.

For some, topics concerning the "paranormal" are important, and for this particular topic, a very observable event.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Just sayin'.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Just sayin'

Given the history and consistency of these sightings, at least concerning the Shadow Beings, there is a real, observable phenomena out there. Figment of all of their collective imaginations? I think not. Labeling everybody who sees these things as "crazy" and in need of meds will only detour those who would have otherwise shared these experiences. I do agree that there are people out there that need psych help, but not everybody that posts an odd occurrence on this forum is in need of psych help. Look at how many people still believe that Obama is the antichrist, or that G.W. Bush is a reptilian overlord.

For some, topics concerning the "paranormal" are important, and for this particular topic, a very observable event.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Don't put words in my mouth. Show me where I said every one of these people are crazy....on the contrary, I think there is some validity to it, however YOU got pissed because you couldn't understand why people would question the OPs state of mind. I simply gave you my reason sir.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Woah, woah, friend. I wasn't referring to you in particular, and I certainly wasn't attacking you personally. I was referring to anybody labeling people who experience these things as crazy right off the bat, or grouping everybody who has a paranormal experience as crazy. Look at page one. Half the page is filled with posts just like I described. You are putting words in MY mouth. I didn't get pissed at all, and I even agreed with you about the mental illness thing. I was defending the topic in general and nothing more. No personal attack against you at all.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Ha! Hear you loud and clear. I get fired up sometimes....this site can drive you, well, crazy

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

Jesus confronted two 'demoniacs'...

Matthew 8:28-29 And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demoniacs met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way. 29 And behold, they cried out, "What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?"

Do you think that maybe it's now the time?

edit on 20/4/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Ha! Hear you loud and clear. I get fired up sometimes....this site can drive you, well, crazy

Indeed it can, and no worries.

It seems as if you're pretty interested in the ET stuff. If I'm not assuming too much, do you have any particular theories on what these things might be, based on the experiences that have been posted? I know that muzzle said that he had a theory that they might actually be some sort of ET presence.

Thoughts?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've had a shadow man experience myself which I have posted on ATS previously.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a few questions for you,

Have these entity s ever interacted with you?
Do you ever see shadow people with red eyes?

And on an end note, to the people that are assuming that this is schizophrenia, if that is the case, then my schizophrenia lasted for a few years and then disappeared without medication never to return.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Indeed it can, and no worries.

It seems as if you're pretty interested in the ET stuff. If I'm not assuming too much, do you have any particular theories on what these things might be, based on the experiences that have been posted? I know that muzzle said that he had a theory that they might actually be some sort of ET presence.

Thoughts?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Yes, I have a huge interest in the UFO/alien phenomenon only because I had an encounter when I was a child. Ive never told my story to anyone, and don't plan on it either.

I was wondering about the shadow people being an ET presence, and honestly I just cant make the connection! If anything, I lean towards some people having a certain sense that allows them to peek through a different dimension of some sort.

It is an interesting phenomenon!
edit on 20-4-2011 by amongus because: Hotdog fingers on my ipad

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join