It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure about seeing little white PEOPLE, but I see little white 'things' out the corner of my eye all the time, twinkles that catch my attention, only to find nothing there

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieFinny
reply to post by CosmicEgg

i find it funny that some people who bother to post in this thread and say ''see a psychologist'' or something to that effect are the same people who post in forums about chemtrails, reptillians and barack obama being the antichrist.
I'm not going to dispute what they are saying (as that isn't what this thread is about) but i still think that it's hypocritical for such people to accuse us of insanity...

I dont post in any of those forums but i still urge you to see a doctor about this.
The fact of the matter is you dont understand what your seeing so you assume its something supernatural. A doctor has a vast medical background and has probably...seen this type of condition before.

Go and have your DNA mapped to see if theres anything unusual. If you can see other dimensions this will clearly show up in your genes....you would be a millionaire over night and probably be in every science magazine on the planet.

The most plausible cause of these visions is your brain playing tricks on you. Once you get a bit older you will realize not everything you see is real. Your brain is a powerful machine that occasionally goes wrong, or fires off chemicals in the wrong order etc. Everything you see is created in your brain....from the type face on here to the universe itself....its just chemicals and electrical pulses.

I dont believe ANYONE that says they see dead people etc.....as far as im aware none of these people have extra or different genes to the rest of us. The ONLY way you could see more than any other human is if you had different genes....which im betting you dont
For example we see green, blue and red spectrum's of light because of the gene we have.....shrimps have 12 genes for vision....so the only way for you to view anything other than what normal people see you would need additional genes.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmm shadow people eh? Interesting I've never heard of such a thing. A lot of people here are saying you might have schizophrenia and that seems to be quite possible, however I'm open to the idea that you have some sort of ability to see "shadow people".

Whether they are ghosts, aliens, beings from another dimension or figments of your imagination I'm not sure, but hmmm, to answer your question, no this has never happened to me but maybe they're acting differently towards you because maybe you did something to anger them? Maybe they are trying to warn you about something? Maybe they've just decided to mess with you for "fun"? Maybe they're trying to get your attention because they need your help? It's hard to say anything for sure because of the nature of the subject, but lets say "they" are just in your head, maybe the actions of "them" is actually a representation of some internal conflicts of emotions you are experiencing within your own mind, body and spirit?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ask them their real names. If they have bad intentions, they will probably run away...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

CosmicOvum,

Yes, I have experienced the affects of "gremlins" in the performing arts center that I run during the summer. We had a very big name act show up to do a sold out performance that evening. We spent four hours checking audio lines, audio equipment, mixers, monitors, consoles, etc. Everything was good to go. The talent was impressed at the amount of dedicated, talented people that I work with, and was impressed with the sound of the audio.

At five minutes to showtime, we did a double check on the lines, as we normally do. Everything was fine. About two minutes to showtime, I got on the headset to give stage direction, and I got a very nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach. I told the stage director to delay the show for two minutes for a double check of the audio system, because I felt that something was "off." He said that was okay, because we usually start shows five minutes early anyway. I got on the com to the audio desk and asked the tech to check levels and lines again. Guess what? The entire audio system went dead. A brand new, $25,000 audio system went completely dead, and there was absolutely no reason for it. I hit the panic button and got a portable PA system set up to start the show, and I went through the process of check every damn cable, power cord, etc. for the sound system. I knew at that point that something was messing with us, and it wasn't the first time that we had a "little bugger" in our systems. Turns out that one of the chips for the digital console had mysteriously fried itself. It was brand new out of the box the day before. After the show and load out that night, I walked around with a co-worker through the entire building for lock up, and I thought I heard a little disembodied laugh come from the main audio relay station. Well, I saw the same green glow that you described. Sure as the sun in the sky, there he was. He was there for a second, and the next he was gone.

A few days later the manager for the talent that came in called me and thanked me for the quick trouble shooting efforts, and that this wasn't the first time that this particular act had a problem with audio lines. That's why he asked us to double and triple check the lines. At a venue that this performer was at the night after, the same exact thing happened with that venue's audio system. I grinned to myself a little bit and realized that the talent had a "little friend" following him and his crew.

A little story for what it's worth.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

My son is colorblind. He can't see red, green, brown, pink, purple, etc., as the rest of us do. My great-uncle could see only the color yellow > not one other color in the spectrum. All shades of gray to him otherwise.

People do not hear things the same way. They do not smell things the same way. They do not see things the same way. They do not feel things the same way. Why in the world do you think we do? It sounds like you need a great deal more experience on Planet Earth, dear child. Instead of trying to make all the different shaped pegs fit into the square hole, why not just make the hole bigger?

My daughter has always seen dead people. I used to tell her she was just seeing things. She was. They were dead people. She sees all sorts of other stuff too. My son does as well. We see things at the same time so obviously it's not "mental illness", nor are we "hysterical".

Vive la différence and open your mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by ZombieFinny

Agreed. What confuses me is why they feel obliged to comment in the first place. I read many threads but comment in only a few. I simply have nothing relevant to add, and so I add nothing.

Please understand a lot of people these days carry a lot of fear inside, this impedes their critical thinking when told people who see things others don't will inevitably commit violent actions, unless they get treated by professionals. Those that post here urging you to seek psychiatric help might simply believe they are "doing the right thing to do", they might have lost loved ones who had diagnosed psychiatric problems, believe they recognize similarities and feel compelled to respond hoping they can make a difference.

Others are just people with low selfesteem that try to up that a bit on your expense, by imagining taking the side of science (which to them represents the highest intelligence) without really having much knowledge.

Anyway back to the subject, I try to avoid those things personally, at some time in my life I started to see odd things and my first reaction was trying to establish control. It might sound easy and simple to build a psychic fence but I find it quite difficult and haven't succeeded yet. I was thinking I'd built me an imaginary house first from where I could safely observe anything out there, got to have some safe place. Obviously the thread starter chose to study them first and try to make sense of them which I don't agree is the best course of action, since I don't have anything to add I'll just wish him good luck and I'll be reading about any findings out of curiousity.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I dont believe ANYONE that says they see dead people etc.....as far as im aware none of these people have extra or different genes to the rest of us.

Without trying to sound confrontational, what you are saying is that the thousands of years of recorded history concerning the paranormal was all due to mental illness? The thousands if not tens of thousands of people that have had these experiences all need to be on anti-anxiety and schizophrenia meds? What about all the recorded cases of violent hauntings? Surely whole book cabinets can't move by themselves, and surely people can't levitate by themselves by your own words?

You're basically calling an entire community of people a bunch of nutbags who need to be medicated because you personally have never had an unexplained experience.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

truthseeker1984, where have you been hiding? Or was that me? lol

Anyway, good to know that they're not just buggering up our stuff. AS IF! Sometimes when we sit in the kitchen, having a cup of tea and a chat, we can hear one scampering across the counter. The water kettle will give a click as though it's starting up. Seconds later, the toaster will click. A few seconds after that, something else will click. Back and forth and back and forth. We just tell it that we love it and thanks for the show. They only really bother our computers. We can really hear them and see them there.

Once, I was meditating in the living room. I sat in a sofa directly across from our desktop. Everything was off, including the speakers and the printer. There was a bag of nuts sat next to the woofer. Behind that bag was a green glow. I saw it come up and then fade slowly. I called to my youngest daughter. This was years ago and she wasn't accepting of this "spooky" stuff back then. I asked her if she could see it. She said yes she could. I asked her to go over and grab the bag and see if there was a light on behind it. She went and picked up the bag. Nothing behind it at all. All that stuff was sat on top of a basket chest that contained all manner of cables and cords and extra equipment for the computer. That gremlin got away quick and I knew that computer wasn't long for this world.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Oh my dear, I've been here and there.
Haven't had a lot of time in recent days for ATS. "Business" has been picking up, if you know what I mean.

Yes, while those little buggers are quite troublesome, they can be entertaining as well. I have only dealt with the one "gremlin" in my entire life, but it was an interesting experience, and certainly tested the extent of the skills that I had concerning stage managing.

For Zombie: Here's the official website for the Shadow People archives. There are a lot of stories on this website concerning what we have been discussing as the main topic. I sent you a U2U with a more detailed account of my experiences. I've talked with many paranormal groups throughout my area, and all of them have had at least one case in their files where they directly or indirectly dealt with Shadow Beings. Just like many of us, however, they were unsuccessful at getting them on any sort of recorded media. They have the empirical evidence to suggest what they saw, and I'm pretty sure a team of seven people seeing the exact same thing isn't akin to having mental illness....for what it's worth.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I agree with the need to eliminate the possibility of a medical problem before accepting that these "shadow people" are real.
There are all kinds of vision problems that can lead to changes in a persons peripheral vision. Macular degeneration being one of them. Having said that, this phenomenon has been around for ages.

What makes the Shadow People phenomena interesting, in the world of the supernatural, is the consistency in the sightings. No matter whether it’s an old person or a child, or anyone in between, what they see is always the same. People on opposite ends of the world report seeing these entities on a daily basis and their recollections are strikingly similar. Whatever these Shadow People are they are definitely a regular occurrence in a lot of people’s lives.
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread as you give me the opportunity to share a very unusual Shadow People account I had recently in Thailand. I have read a few accounts and realise there is a wide cross cultural phenominan of the shadow creatures that stand over one as they sleep, or awake in a lucid dreaming type state. I have witnessed this twice in my life. As a lucid dreamer I was a little afraid of the distinct ominous nature of the tall cloaked figure that stood over me, and I have always been interested to know if it is a psychological enigma.

Several months ago whilst riding on a motorbike in a mountainess region in Thailand with my girlfriend on the back, I saw a shadow creature that sort of took the enigma to new levels.

It was after dark and we were riding slowly down a steep hil, returning to our house after a night ride. It is a jungle environment, with a very large hiway and huge street lights on very high poles. As we drove I heard a noise to my left in the jungle. We were both startled as where we were there is the possibility of large creatures of the jungle attacking, wild elephants, tigers (although very remote chance of that ) etc.

To my absolute astonishment, silhoutted very clearly against the very bright streeet lamps below us, what appeared to be a huge monkey (like 7- 8 foot tall) passed through the air in front of us, way higher than the posts, from one side of the street to the other. As it was a steep incline and the shadow creature was a little ahead of us, I had a very clear side angle. The trees is leapt from to the other side was about 20 meters (this is a big hiway road, not a jungle track). Apart from the sheer size of the thing, such a leap is simply not a possibility.

But here is where it gets even stranger. It looked like a cartoon character. Although I couldn't see details of features, but rather only very defined shape at close range.

It did look like a gibbon as it held a very comical running stance, it was a giant, six times the size of any monkey here, and also the angle of the leap was all wrong for any earthly creature. It seemed to sail past us in this static running stance, much like a cartoon character.

My girl friend did not see it clearly like I did, but the crash it made shook her up. Now I didn't for a second suggest what I witnessed was some giant jungle monkey. Instantly I referred to it as a shadow creature. She could see that I was shocked. We pulled over. I felt no need to escape. I just described it. We laughed but I was full of intrigue, she was just scared.

I have no idea what realm such a creature would come from.Isf it crypto ? It felt like something from what I had seen standing over my bed a few years earlier, something I assumed was in the mind. But this thing was very real in the physical realm, as it smashed the jungle.

A few friends laughed at my apparently over active imagination, insisting that it was obviously a monkey. However it was way too big. At least the size of a huge 7 foot man, with a leap of 20 metres.

Has anyone ever experienced a Shadow Creature like this?

BTW, in case this story is amusing anyone, as I realise it is almost funny, this is an accurate account, and no booze or drugs were involved. As both gf and I are clean living souls.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

I dont believe ANYONE that says they see dead people etc.....as far as im aware none of these people have extra or different genes to the rest of us.

Without trying to sound confrontational, what you are saying is that the thousands of years of recorded history concerning the paranormal was all due to mental illness? The thousands if not tens of thousands of people that have had these experiences all need to be on anti-anxiety and schizophrenia meds? What about all the recorded cases of violent hauntings? Surely whole book cabinets can't move by themselves, and surely people can't levitate by themselves by your own words?

You're basically calling an entire community of people a bunch of nutbags who need to be medicated because you personally have never had an unexplained experience.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Thanks for the reply and just to clear things up im 31 years old

Ive also experienced a LOT of weird things in my life....one was 1 week after my ex girlfriends mum died...we saw a shadow move across the fireplace. I cant think of an explanation but i dont think it was anything paranormal, more likely something obscuring the light at a distance which caused the effect of something moving past the fireplace.

The night before i was burgled and stabbed 9 times in my home i felt total and utter fear and had the feeling i was going to be stabbed....a voice in my mind said loud and clear....danger your about to be stabbed....24hrs later almost to the hour i was stabbed.

I cant think of an explanation for that one except for we have evolved and therefor still retain certain senses that we dont use everyday...through our genes. I dont see it as paranormal basically.

I wont say EVERYONE whos claims to see dead people are lying, but for the most part they are or dont understand how the brain creates reality. There may be a very small amount of people that are using senses which have fell dormant in our genes. (fossilized genes) There may also be a very small amount of people born with abnormal brains, bad connections between the brain and the eyes etc that somehow create this false reality....

Some of these people claim super human powers yet are genetically identical to everyone else on the planet.

I believe a lot of people who claim these things arent actually seeing what they think they are seeing.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

My son is colorblind. He can't see red, green, brown, pink, purple, etc., as the rest of us do. My great-uncle could see only the color yellow > not one other color in the spectrum. All shades of gray to him otherwise.

People do not hear things the same way. They do not smell things the same way. They do not see things the same way. They do not feel things the same way. Why in the world do you think we do? It sounds like you need a great deal more experience on Planet Earth, dear child. Instead of trying to make all the different shaped pegs fit into the square hole, why not just make the hole bigger?

My daughter has always seen dead people. I used to tell her she was just seeing things. She was. They were dead people. She sees all sorts of other stuff too. My son does as well. We see things at the same time so obviously it's not "mental illness", nor are we "hysterical".

Vive la différence and open your mind.

Im also colour blind
Not as bad as your son but none the less im still colour blind to brown, red, and green.
This is caused by faulty genes....bad genes....corrupt genes.

Im pretty sure when i was a kid i claimed to see things others couldnt see. Could i have been lying? Do siblings not want to compete for affection from their parents? If this got your daughter attention im sure your son was just claiming the same as to fit in...totally natural behavior from a child. Do you believe everything your kids tell you?
Kids lie....simple
Its called survival of the fittest

The majority of the worlds population are genetically similar, what differs is peoples perceptions. I see a shadow out of the corner of my eye...i say i saw a shadow, dont know what it was, probably nothing. Someone else sees the identical shadow and claims it looks like a person, or a car, or a house, or a plane etc etc.

Your right that everyone is different, but we all have the same genes which dictate what we can and cant see, hear, smell, feel etc. These genes effect people in different ways. Maybe you, your son, your daughter and the countless other people who claim to see these types of things have fossilized genes that have somehow started working again?? This would be easily proved by dna mapping.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'd like to apologize for my knee-jerk response. I've been in this "business" for 20 years now, and I have seen a lot of things (confirmed by others that were with me at the time) that I know were there, but cannot explain through "rational scientific means" how they got there in the first place. I get really antsy and ornery when people dismiss these things as mental illness or sight problems. I do, however, agree that mental evaluations should be looked into in the most extreme of cases (demonic possessions, hearing voices, etc.), but in this case, given the long and well documented history of shadow people, I tend to listen to people who seem like they have their wits about them. I've also met my fair share of truly disturbed wackos during my investigations, and they are quickly referred to a mental health agency. Each case is unique.

The line between the imagination and the "sixth sense" is so thin that one must be very careful which end of the spectrum they are falling in. I've questioned my own sanity many times throughout my life, but after willingly submitting myself to these invasive evaluations, nothing has been determined to be wrong with me, as I knew all along.

You are very correct about the human machine being a very powerful thing, but knowing how to utilize it to sense these types of phenomena is a trait that every human has, but has forgotten to use, in my opinion. I err on the side of caution many times when listening to claims of a ghostly presence, but I also bring in my own tools and my own team to either debunk or validate the claims made by clients. Everybody I have ever talked to has a ghost story about an old house they lived in, or a place they visited. You'd be surprised at the amount of perfectly rational people that have seen unexplained things.

CosmicEgg truly pulled the words right out of my head with her response, and explained it eloquently at that. Personally, after years of people telling me that I was just crazy or eccentric, to have to hear it yet again on an "alternative subjects" forum is just something that sets me off.

People are afraid of what they don't understand, and I don't believe that science has all the answers in the world. Doctors would prefer to pump one full of meds rather than figure out the "science" behind sensing these phenomena. That's just my take on the whole thing.

Please accept my humble apologies for sounding like a jerk. It really is out of my nature.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 19-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You say it's genes. You have been told it's genes by people with lots of letters behind their names that impress you because they "know". They don't actually know. They conjecture. They hypothesize. They presume. They might deduce. But they do not know anything categorically, as you will most definitely realize in the next couple of years or so. Your faith in medical science is far from universal. When I say "your", I mean anyone who gives them any credence.

I also must take issue with your assertion that differences in people are to be considered as flaws. They are not flaws, they are differences. See the beauty in every difference. The negative spin is unnecessary and rather insulting.
edit on 19/4/2011 by CosmicEgg because: addendum

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You say it's genes. You have been told it's genes by people with lots of letters behind their names that impress you because they "know". They don't actually know. They conjecture. They hypothesize. They presume. They might deduce. But they do not know anything categorically, as you will most definitely realize in the next couple of years or so. Your faith in medical science is far from universal. When I say "your", I mean anyone who gives them any credence.

I also must take issue with your assertion that differences in people are to be considered as flaws. They are not flaws, they are differences. See the beauty in every difference. The negative spin is unnecessary and rather insulting.
edit on 19/4/2011 by CosmicEgg because: addendum

So what your saying is that these scientists are making it up?? They mapped the human genome, along with most of the other invertebrates on the surface of this rock we call home.

Differences in people arent always flaws, we all have fossilized genes
People born with downs syndrome for example are different because of flaws in their dna/genes. People born with internal organs on the outside also have flaws in their genetic makeup.....thats just the way it goes im afraid.

The purpose of these "flaws" in the genetic makeup is to stop people with flawed genes reproducing....and creating more people with bad genetics. (survival of the fittest)

I dont have "faith" in medical science i have a strong belief backed by evidence to support the fact that these people are correct with their current findings. Without these people you wouldnt be alive as your parents would have died from a nasty disease, you wouldnt be on the internet talking to me, we wouldnt have solutions to any medical problems....these people are a bit more than an average person with letters after their names.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
First get everything checked out by doctors. Seriously, this is actually important even if you (OP) werent even seeing anything like this. To us, we can not tell something that was created in our mind, or that originated from outside of it since all individual perception based on senses is originated in the mind. Though some think that it is our perception that creates the things we perceive, i dont personally see it this way, as i feel observance only changes the context of the "item."

As far as the different "types" of shadow people, i feel they appear in ways that will be better understood by the individuals brain and overall perspective. if it was just a blotch of darker air moving around far off in the distance, it gets written off. Perhaps not so much showing us individually what our minds can handle, but also our minds translating things into contexts which we can better explore. As far as them acting "strangely," well, i think the cause for that will slowly become clear but is one of "those" answers which we need to search out for ourselves. Perhaps it is you who is acting strangely, and they are simply responding

As far as "paranormal," "supernatural," etc, i feel those words are deeply misleading. Things only get such a moniker because they are beyond our current understanding, but there is no such thing as something which supersedes, or rises above, the natural world. It describes more ones position on the events, rather than anything about the events themselves, and is incredibly telling in such regards.

Most will write shadows moving in organized, intelligent ways as something which already fits into their perspective. This enforcing of a present bias, instead of a spirit of exploration based on the idea that we dont know everything. However, such an attitude can also be present on those who saw a shadow move and attributed it to their already present bias of it automatically being a "shadow person." Such things simply work both ways. Neither is interested in honest exploration, especially if it has the chance of crushing the current perspective bias. Quite frankly, its much easier to simply chalk up everything unexplained in ones life to "standard" explanations based on ones very, very limited view into reality. The more important thing is if one approaches a differing perspective present in another iteration (body) with respect and curiosity. i see it that way because our individual perspective can never have more than a piece of the "truth."

There is always more to know, even about the things we know the most about. The overall concept of the universe has been the same since before humans were around, we just put it into culturally relevant contexts based on our current understanding. The only thing we know for sure in this regard, is that the only constant is change. If one explores enough, they might find that there are small changes and large changes along the journey. The large changes are usually an effect of massive uprooting of current systems due to conscious progression within the particular context. i found that this type of process is present within typical "learning" progress as well (such as school, science, etc). The first large change might be when one suddenly feels "comfortable" with the topic at hand, and i think a natural point comes up here where we may misplace confidence in the extent of our innately limited understanding. i call it the "teenage syndrome"

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

No I don't see shadow people.

But I wish the moderators would delete the immature and mean remarks that add nothing to this thread.

Ignore the trolls that call you skitzo or mentally unstable................they are jealous that they can't see what you do, although I considered it a curse when I was young and saw "ghosts".

Earth is moving into a higher density we are riding a solar wave to speak and as this wave approachs things are going to get stranger according to another conspiracy site that I frequent.

Possibly our 3rd dimension is shifting and interlocking or passing through at times with another dimension.

Hint: Google "High Strangeness".

If someone doesn't have something constructive to add please refrain from pounding out your little hateful and immature, close minded remarks.

This is why I am now frequenting a few other conspiracy sites where people are a little more open minded, mature and kinder.

I can understand a respectful debate, a difference of opinion, but some of this trolling and immature "witty" remarks should be snipped.

I don't envy your second site.

I use to have it when I was young but I willed it to stop and it stopped because some of it was very unpleasant and I couldn't take the overload.

Some places are just "bad" they have stored up malicious energy and as Einstein stated, "energy never dies, it just changes form."

Possibly a change of residence or seeing a good psychic healer might help.

Best of luck.
edit on 19-4-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Yes, yes, yes….

My heart was actually pounding when I read what you described.

I know exactly what you mean about these higher level type of shadow like beings and I concur that they do seem to be bound by certain rules.

When I do happen to see them in some of my more lucid dreams they are very unnerving to say the least. I just recently posted to another thread thinking the OP may have seen them when he described a situation in his dream. I will link it here. I omitted mentioning the fedora because I felt silly enough describing I saw.

Who or What the heck are they????

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join