It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
One of my dogs was inexplicably agitated yesterday, so I took some new pics. I may have caught the spectral image of a woman, which is interesting because just the other day my wife mentioned for the first time that she thought we might have the presence of an old lady's ghost due to her very clearly smelling Ponds Cold Cream, which she does not use herself.

If you look at just one image look at side by side image 5 .

Full image with grey selection box around area in question at far right half way up:
1-- img21.imageshack.us...

Area in question with face crudely highlighted by me to help people see it:
2-- img156.imageshack.us...

Area in question with face unaltered:
3-- img130.imageshack.us...

Area in question with face enhanced through brightness and contrast adjustment:
4-- img688.imageshack.us...

Highlighted and enhanced face side by side:
5-- img683.imageshack.us...

One thing I have noticed about the possible ghost images I and my son have been able to take is the uniformity of the expressions on their faces. They are never happy faces, but always either miserable, spaced out, or strangely leering.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Elbereth because: total fail inserting images

edit on 23-4-2011 by Elbereth because: clarity

edit on 23-4-2011 by Elbereth because: added image

edit on 23-4-2011 by Elbereth because: suggestion

edit on 23-4-2011 by Elbereth because: can't leave well enough alone

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have learned not to question people when they report things like this. I take it seriously, and even if it was your imagination, mental illness, or even the real thing, I respect you for being brave enough to tell us your experience. I dont really have any answer for you, but I will share an experience I had.

Years ago I worked in the medical field, as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) and I worked in the behavioural unit, where basically all the clinically insane people were, and to make things worse, I worked the night shift, and for the most part I worked it alone. I remember vaguely one night there was this older man who I was informed was really close to death. According to his charts and his pscyhologist's history on him, he was considered an "evil" man, he was abusive to his family, to others, and even was accused of murder decades ago. Before I go into what happened, let me tell you a bit about myself; I consider myself a Christian, and I generally dont consider myself among the group of the majority of Christains, because as you know, most of them are crazy. So take it for what it is, but I have always held onto a belief of "Spiritual Warfare" where as Watts quoted earlier;

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12 (King James Version)

That to me is very real, but it became extremely real on this night. So as I was sitting there in the nurse's station, I heard one residents alarm go off, then all of a sudden I heard two and three more, then literally each one went off, and I had about 2 dozen people needing help. I thought it was some technical problem, but as I went into the first room, asking what happened, the first told me this; "There was a man standing at the foot of my bed, I dont know who he was, then he just disappeared right before my eyes." Of course its the behavioural unit, so I figured he was just seeing things. I go to the next room, the guy has the same story, and so does the next guy etc. I start to think maybe someone broke in, then all of a sudden I realized a pattern, these guys I have worked with them for a while now, I know how they are. Each one of them had pale faces, literally shaking. And this is where it got weird. One of the residents alarms was going off, and this guy was notorious for leaving his light on in his room, so I walked in there and he was more afraid than anyone else was. He was so afraid that he was actually bawling, and trying to get out of his bed, I said what did you see? After taking some time to compose himself, he said he saw a pure black figure at the foot of his bed as well, but even with his lights on, he couldnt make out any features, that it was literally like a shadow standing up and looking at him. He then tells me that the figure didn't disappear, but walked through the walls and into the room, which was right next door, and unoccupied.

Never have I felt such fear in my life, but as I opened the door to the next room, and I turned on the light, and there I saw in the corner of the room, standing upright, a dark figure. He was pitch black, and as the man before just described, I could make out no features, I have never felt such an evil prescence, nor have I ever felt so shooken up and afraid. He reached his hand out and started walking towards me, and I immediately knew what he was. I began to pray, but not your silent Sunday morning prayer, I literally shouted my prayer, and as I did this, the black figure shrieked and sunk under the ground. Now all of this I know probably sounds nuts, but this really happened, and all of us but one experienced it. The one who didn't experience it was the only man whose light was not going off. I went to the room of the man whose light wasn't going off, and the man I spoke about earlier who was considered "evil", was lying there dead.

Now you can interpret this experience any way you like. But I believe this dark figure was not actually the evil man who died, but I believe it was the demon, or even demons, who had influenced and followed him around his whole life, and maybe even possessed him. I personally believe that once this evil man had passed away, these demons have now accomplished their mission. Now that the evil man's soul has been dragged to hell, the demons now are celebrating by spooking everybody else and literally waiting for their next soul to latch onto. That is what I believe, and many other folks in the nursing world that I have spoken with, both online and in real life, have noticed similar things happened. All in all I hope my experience helps you in some way, and no I dont want to push my beliefs onto you, and I am not assuming these shadow figures you saw are demons. But I am saying that if it continues to become more and more out of control, I dont think it would hurt to pray. I myself will pray for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fabricate

Fascinating story well told. I am very curious about your comment that other people in nursing that you have communicated with have had similar experiences. Care to share? I think there is likely some fertile ground there for someone interested in the paranormal to delve into.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I believe your story to be plausible.
At a local nursing home there was a cat who would hop up onto the bed and curl up next to people that were about to die. It never got on the bed unless they were going to die. The cat probably sensed the impending death, maybe through smell, sight or those strange senses that cats seem to have. I am unable to believe that there is only the material in this world. If that was all there was I don't think I would want to live in it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Mutantgenius, thanks to your practice thread I now understand how to embed images, so I am going to give my prior post another whack sans links. Forgive the repetition, but I know from experience most people don't follow links or they only go to the first image.

----------------------------

One of my dogs was inexplicably agitated yesterday, so I took some new pics. I may have caught the spectral image of a woman, which is interesting because just the other day my wife mentioned for the first time that she thought we might have the presence of an old lady's ghost due to her very clearly smelling Ponds Cold Cream, which she does not use herself.

If you look at just one image look at side by side image 5.

1--Full image with grey selection box around area in question at far right half way up:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2--Area in question with face crudely highlighted by me to help people see it:

3--Area in question with face unaltered:

4--Area in question with face enhanced through brightness and contrast adjustment:

5--Highlighted and enhanced face side by side:

One thing I have noticed about the possible ghost images I and my son have been able to take is the uniformity of the expressions on their faces. They are never happy faces, but always either miserable, spaced out, or strangely leering.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Elbereth because: GD typo

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am of the mindset that nothing can harm/touch me that I cannot touch. When I was young and first became interested in conspiracy and the paranormal, I read true ghost stories. In every story, none of the people who died ever died from anything other than being scared #less. People who were found in their supposedly haunted houses were found with white hair, crumpled in a corner or in the fetal position. None of them were directly killed by the supposed spirits who plagued them.

That being said, I think that the single reason that prayer works, and/or the bringing in of a priest to cleanse a house works, is because of a person's intent. By believing in God, which our minds perceive as purity and greater-than-all-things-evil, invoking God in defense of ourselves is a type of 'mental trick' that protects us.

I'm not saying that God doesn't exist, I'm sure he does (regardless of what particular name/title you address him by)... But I tend to look at the world in a way that merges science and religion. A good friend of mine said something years ago that has always resonated with me, "Just because science explains something, doesn't make it any less magical."

Just my .02

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth

Fascinating story well told. I am very curious about your comment that other people in nursing that you have communicated with have had similar experiences. Care to share? I think there is likely some fertile ground there for someone interested in the paranormal to delve into.

Yeah I am certain if we made a thread here for people who are working, or have worked in the medical field who have experienced the paranormal, we would probably have alot of responses. I quit that job back in '05 but I subscribed at the time to an online forum for people in that field, and thats where the discussions online took place. I wish I could remember the forum but I cant. As far as first hand experiences, after everything I wrote about happened, the next few weeks after that I spoke with other nurses and CNA's and they all had similar stories. The one thing I can confirm for a pattern, is that the "weird" stuff almost always happens when a person is in the near-death/death timeframe.

Honestly if you ask anybody in the field, chances are they would have something to say about it. I have yet to meet anybody who has spent a decent time around those dying, who hasn't had some kind of experience similar to mine. It goes hand in hand, it seems like if you work around the dying and the dead, then you will have some form of paranormal experience, albeit very subtle even.

Hope that helps, I am sorry I dont have any documented experiences to share other than my own.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
@ZombieFinny

Maybe it will benefit you to see a psychic. I've been to two different ones at a psychic healing school in San Francisco, and they proved to be very enlightening experiences. If you ask them about the shadow people, they might be able to sense some sort of answer on an energy level.

My other advice is linked to how you described them. You said that they have been getting very close to your face in an almost threatening manner. One thing you can do is to own your space by activating your root chakra, which is related to instinct, security, and survival. You activate it by picturing a cord that, as funny as this might sound, is located in the perineum, and extending that cord as deep into the earth as you can. They call it grounding yourself, and when you are grounded no negative energy can enter your space. So any shadow creatures around you, I would imagine, simply go in another direction.

And the last thing I wanted to mention is that if the shadows are ghosts, there is one important thing to know about ghosts is that when they make themselves seen to you, they are trying to tell you something. Also, when you sense fear, etc. you're mostly feeling their fear. they might seem aggressive or look intent on hurting you, but they are simply angry because you aren't listening to them. This might be hard to understand, but the easiest way to deal with ghosts is to let go of that fear, acknowledging that the fear has no control over you, and try talking with the ghosts. I don't guarantee they will stop bothering you immediately, but in my experience it has.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kingcaii

Fear is a powerful force. Look at how it is manipulated and leveraged in the life of our nation. Gone are the days of "we have nothing to fear but fear itself." Now we seem to be afraid of our own shadows, let alone shadow people menacing sick people in a psych ward.

When I look at the images I have collected at my current residence, some of which contain faces of a very bizarre, ill-favored, and evil looking character, I think that I should be shaking in my pantaloons. But I just am not feeling the threat in this house, for whatever reason. I may end up regretting making this observation, but they seem relatively powerless, as you imply is likely the case.

Our first experience with a haunted house some years ago was less benign. My wife was actually struck in the back by an unseen object, leaving a red, hand-shaped welt on her back. That haunting intermittently DEMANDED our attention. Not so the present situation.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Elbereth because: typo

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

True, Fear is a powerful force, and yes it has been used against people on the whole, from Pearl Harbor to 9/11, from the fear our gov't spread about Communism, to the fear the FBI felt regarding the Black Panthers. When we let fear drive our decisions and/or policy, we become the tools of those who instill the fear.

Since 9-11, we should all be more wary of our weakness for the sometimes paralyzing, sometimes polarizing, power of fear. Most intelligent people know that it is a bad idea to make important decisions when we're angry (or in the grip of any extreme emotion). Obviously, in heat-of-the-moment situations, people can only do what their instincts tell them. In all other situations, where we have the luxury of time, man should always be ready to approach situations armed with the power of logic (if not understanding), and strive to comprehend exactly what is going on.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kingcaii

And it reminds me of a Mexican viejo, or witchdoctor, who told me that there are a myriad of spiritual creatures out there, but one of the most common are shadow looking things that feed off of emotion in a parasitic way. They usually feed off fear, as that seems yummiest to them.

I was stalked once on the street by something that stank of beer and suphur (not a flatulent bum, or a visible one anyway) and crunched the gravel behind us (I was with a girl and a dog). The girl, who had psychic tendencies (or delusions, take your pick) got scared and said she felt it was "hunting" us. The dog growled and a wall mounted mail box to our left slammed shut with a clang. I investigated and that mailbox was rusted and it took two hands and effort to wrench it open again.

We hurried back home and the girl "felt" and "saw" something going from window to window trying to enter and I actually heard footsteps outside and believe me, nobody was visible. She visualized "white light" and pentagrams around the house and things quieted down.

What that was I have no idea, but as it could slam a rusted metal flap down, I don't see why it couldn't be harmful physically as well as mentally. I rather wish there weren't invisible beasties around as it would make my worldview a tad more acceptable.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Intriguing topic, indeed. I'm not a regular listener of George Noory's Coast to Coast radio program, but I could imagine people who listen to him regularly might start imagining such things.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thanks for scaring the crap out of me...

But I do see shadow people or more accurately a shadow person while in sleep paralysis some of the time, but I usually don't even want to open my eyes to actually see it so most of the time it is just sensed.

But I did notice something peculiar recently that has never happened before. It usually just walks up to me and stands over me and sometimes I even get stabbed randomly or grabbed and it actually hurts, but this time while I was paralyzed it ran across the side of my bed and went through the wall.

And actually seeing this thing is a fairly new phenomenon for me aswell... probably really only happened last year... as is the grabbing and the stabbing...

Shadow people scare the bejesus out of me

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hmm.. there are always those who will touch you, no matter what label they carry, be it ghosts, shadow people or whatever, but I've never had anyone hurt me. I've had some very angry spirits around too. They don't stay terribly angry for long though. Is the difference in meeting them with a sense of fear and dread vs warmth and curiosity? I have to wonder.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapsghetti

'Shadow people scare the bejesus out of me'

this may be the very reason they are attracted to you. consider the need for a diamond hard mindset and focus. i have observed these 'shadow' visitors for many years and can say through experience that once you rid yourself of the fear, they have no bind over you. with many levels beyond this 'solid' facade, one must put up barriers to exclude the negative aspects and their attempted incursions. as another poster explained the situation in the care home, i would say consider the visitors may shiver in the stench of belief. as long as the belief is in the positive and excludes any dwelling on the negative, it should put you in good stead to mitigate the more distasteful aspects of the incidents.
remeber, give no quarter to them at all.
f

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

But I do see shadow people or more accurately a shadow person while in sleep paralysis some of the time, but I usually don't even want to open my eyes to actually see it so most of the time it is just sensed.

That is what's known as hypnagogia

Hypnagogia is the transitional state between wakefulness and sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid dreaming, hallucinations, out of body experiences and sleep paralysis.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
For the past two nights I keep waking up to some one calling "Sandra", which is not my name. I do live in a place where I have neighbors yet they are only attached by the garage. I don't hear voices so I am sure it was subconscious which is even odder as I know no one named Sandra. This sucks because I can chalk it up to being on ATS too much or the name of someone in a book or class or even a movie. I read that someone else heard whispering or talking so I thought this was the best place for this.

I have tried taking a few pictures without the flash during the day but am a night owl when it comes to studies so by the time I make it to bed I am too tired to start something that might take more time than I am willing to give.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I know the alleged entity in these images is subtle, but ghost photography is not like taking a picture of a mountain or the King Arthur Carousel at Disneyland.

Initial picture.

16 seconds later.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Elbereth because: dumb mistake

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Crapsghetti, wow, I'm really sorry that you have to feel that sort of pain. Although not taking part in consciousness, I've had dreams of being stabbed by knives or hooks, usually unexpectedly when it was a normal dream until a stranger came and killed me. It would feel very painful, but I could imagine your pain would feel even more painful because you would be awake.

I've recently (this past year-the year of the tiger has been a tumultuous year) connected these dreams to my childhood low self-esteem. Lots of terrible things happened to me, and I was very sensitive to those things. I wasn't brave and I couldn't stand up for myself. I felt lonely, and I didn't feel like I had any true friends.

I didn't make this connection until a friend of mine at the time (a friend no longer) told me about the law of attraction. Oftentimes when a person is abused, they unconsciously attract future partners who are also abusive to him or her. It happens all the time, but what is happening is that the person unconsciously feels that he or she deserves to be abused because he or she does not feel deserving of love. That friend at the time helped me a great deal, and I no longer had any nightmares, which occurred quite frequently, maybe twice a week.

Anyway, I severely hope that you find out the cause of these shadow people haunting you. I feel like there must be a cause, because why would they be drawn to you as opposed to anybody else. My biggest suggestion although it costs several thousand dollars is to go to psychic school. There they teach you how to control your space and allow you to not feel controlled by these shadows. Also, they have many great teachers in psychic school, who can sense the energy around these shadow people, and help you relate it to something that might have occurred in a past life or in childhood, etc.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

In a multiverse - you may be simply sensing characters that are in another dimension close to yours.

In a multiverse - ghosts and spirits all are real, they simply occupy another dimensional plane.

Try this experiment - simply focus on the alternate universe where they are real. Remember this is ALOT of dimensional fluxing so it is going to take some time for them to manifest.

The fact that they are 'wobbling' and jerking means the dimensional reality is harmonically flexing, it would also play into the time slip.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join