It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I see alot of what comes out on cnn msnbc fox and the such said here at least 10 hours before it makes the news. sorry for the off topic.
edit on 22-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I have seen shadow people explicitly referred to as far back as 1971 in Carlos Castaneda's A Separate Reality on p. 232-3 of the Pocket Books paperback edition.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We have had a lot of fun debating whether or not these beings exist and trying to explain what they are. Unfortunately we have strayed quite a bit from the question of why some people are perceiving them to be more active or numerous than usual. I and another member pointed to that thread in Fragile Earth about the new information about the solar particles having effects and properties we were not informed of before.

Now grab the tinfoil hats and look at something else in that forum. www.abovetopsecret.com... It's about a channeled prophesy about an upcoming severe quake for California. I have no idea what channeling is nor does it bother me the channeled information supposedly comes from the same beings an alleged hoaxer uses. I'm just happy to let my speculation run wild on this one just for grins and giggles. It's not like I'm going to climb a tower and hail passing spaceships and get myself locked up in the loony bin over it. What piqued my interest was the almost offhand information from the being that the government supposedly possesses a weapon that is a "radiative spectral vibration" device. IF this info has any reality whatsoever, WTF is it and could it be freaking out our shadow buddies? Even the channeler had no clue what the alien being was talking about on that one.

Skeptics go ahead and point and laugh at this post. I laugh at myself all the time. If you can't laugh at your own foibles, then it is time to worry about your sanity. And I am undertaking this speculation because it amuses me to do so and who knows, I may accidentally trip on the right answer...in which case the government dudes in the white vans will show up and add more fluoride to my tap water.

edit on 22-4-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Editing link to referenced discussion,

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hat man entered my room again last night and before even reading this post i tried to reproduce his movements.. he copied me. then after not moving for maybe... 30 seconds he repeated the same movements without the head tilt, without hesitation i copied him... but he just looked at me. he didn't try and communicate with me again.
He instead watched the window (sporadically glancing at me). he was the only one there last night.

but after falling asleep i was awoke by what i can only describe as an intense feeling of terror, hat man was standing on my bed and the floor all around was black, as if i was looking down a infinitely deep hole. but as my eyes began to focus i could just make out (at walls where i could see limbs poking up mainly) that these were shadow people... piled up (seemingly injured or.. DEAD?!) some were jittering violently but the majority were still.
a few moments later after i'd had time to acknowledge what was going on the shadows began to get up and walk out of my open window and wide open door (i leave the door WIDE open now to invite him in), so they were just pretending (i think we can assume these have a bit more than 'basic' intelligence).
hat man then got off of my bed and looked at me... i was stunned but i didn't know what else to do so just went back to sleep (i would've posted this here as soon as it happened but i don't have internet at home).

it was... a strange night, to say the least

...I have a few possible explanations...
1- i've been thinking about them too much influencing my dreams... and this was just an extremely vivid lucid dream. it could mean absolutely nothing...

2- or if this was a dream it may have been influenced by hat man (or possibly unseen hooded figures?) and have been symbolism for a coming cataclysm, resulting in lots of deaths and injuries?. (this is going off of the information people have posted here about them influencing dreams...)

3- (this is the theory i am personally inclined to believe) This was not a dream and the hat man produced this spectacle as symbolism for something that would soon occur that would result in a lot of injuries and deaths.

i have no explanation for the intense fear i felt... it was only momentary and so perhaps just a method of waking me up... while awake i was, as usual, completely at ease in hat mans presence.

to people who say that they speak english... why this language and no others (i ask because earlier someone said that they spoke to him in english which is not his first language).
And again if you can contact and speak to them easily please just ask 'em what's going on

@druid42- I will continue to try and develop some method of communication, with what you said in mind... i tried holding different numbers of fingers up to see if he'd react (a few days ago) and that didin't get any response but maybe because we can't see details on their hands they can't see details on ours.
Assuming they see us as we see them i'm going to try, as you suggested, some big, slow movements if i can get some sort of reaction maybe we could work on it until we've got some basic communication going.

i'll try the music thing too

also i don't understand what you mean by he'll be 'bound' by his name, as i don't believe that shadow people are supernatural in a spiritual sense, rather that they are living... just from somewhere else.
but i have decided to name him... his new name is Droll... due to the fact that most of my encounters with him are themselves droll.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by ZombieFinny
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I dont believe ANYONE that says they see dead people etc.....as far as im aware none of these people have extra or different genes to the rest of us. The ONLY way you could see more than any other human is if you had different genes....which im betting you dont
For example we see green, blue and red spectrum's of light because of the gene we have.....shrimps have 12 genes for vision....so the only way for you to view anything other than what normal people see you would need additional genes.

Or somehow unlocked part of your brain that others havent. There are cases everyday such as the human calculator who was on Superhumans and they showed he had unlocked part of his brain that other humans hadnt. If we only use 10% of our brains whose to say in that other 90% doesnt have capabilities of seeing other dimensions. But whats crazier is that the shadows can also see u. the link i provide talks about what his brains does. i cant fing the stan lee super human one were doctors actually say he has unlocked part of his brain that others havent.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LyoeWLmclU
edit on 22-4-2011 by OG_SWAGGA_KING because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

Weird visuals you got there. Makes me wonder if the Shadow people are what's left of us after a future extinction level event trying to warn us to steer the ship on a different course somehow. I can't remember what thread it was on, maybe this one, buried back a few pages, but someone posted about the Falun Dafa beliefs and a link to a book of this belief system by a Falun Dafa master. That master talked a bit about the recent scientific discoveries that might point to the idea that there has been a cycle of rising and mass destruction of advanced civilizations on this planet. If this has indeed all happened before to civilizations as advanced as ours, we may be in for another mass destructive event. In vain, we may be trying to warn ourselves again. It's odd that the shadow beings seem to correspond roughly into human and pet shapes for those of us who see them only vaguely. I have no idea what to think of visualizations as detailed and extended as yours. Odd there are no feminine appearing manifestations for those who can see them in detail. Oh well I can only guess and have fun playing around with theories.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

i actually recently read a ficton book with shadow people in it (Odd Thomas), something that interested me, and i've only just remembered, is that the shadow people appear just before events of major destruction, as if to watch the horror, despair and gruesome sights that are about to unfold...
the writer theorises that, the shadow people are actually us in the future, and we've developed some type of time travel but we can only go back as an invisible ghostly form... and we can't affect the past while in this form. The reason they come back is because we've degraded as a species from watching gory horror films, to actual snuff... and now resorting to going back and watching people die in murders and catastrophes for a sort of sick entertainment.

i know it's (probably) not what's going on but your post just reminded me of it... and gave me goosebumps jus thought i'd share anyway

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
So what your saying is that these scientists are making it up?? They mapped the human genome, along with most of the other invertebrates on the surface of this rock we call home.

Differences in people arent always flaws, we all have fossilized genes
People born with downs syndrome for example are different because of flaws in their dna/genes. People born with internal organs on the outside also have flaws in their genetic makeup.....thats just the way it goes im afraid.

The purpose of these "flaws" in the genetic makeup is to stop people with flawed genes reproducing....and creating more people with bad genetics. (survival of the fittest)

I dont have "faith" in medical science i have a strong belief backed by evidence to support the fact that these people are correct with their current findings. Without these people you wouldnt be alive as your parents would have died from a nasty disease, you wouldnt be on the internet talking to me, we wouldnt have solutions to any medical problems....these people are a bit more than an average person with letters after their names.

That is for you to be impressed then. The lab staff who mapped the genome will not be sitting around doing psych analysis. Keep your perspective. We still don't know what most of our genome is about, so hold onto your hat for a while there, partner. We haven't exactly crossed into god mode yet.

We were not talking about Down's syndrome or that sort of thing. Not all Down's "sufferers" are infertile either. Your "survival of the fittest" concept is long outmoded. There is no such animal anymore. If there were, infertility clinics would not exist. The unfit reproduce all the time and what's worse, we keep those alive who by Nature's rules should not be. There is survival of and by medical arrogance, to be sure. Sometimes, and probably a lot more often than we realize, our genetic differences were a matter of survival at some point.

But if you look at these things, these "flaws", as karmic events -- do not read any sort of punishment there, that is not what karma is about -- then you see that there is a poetic beauty to it. It is not to be conquered, for us to defy Nature's perfection. We can no more control her than we can cure the common cold with our almighty "science".

You have a lot of faith in science, as I did too long ago. They have fallen from grace so many times that there was no choice but for me to acknowledge our sheer folly at the thought of what we call "knowledge" being more than a lucky stab in the dark now and then. You really don't seem to have a working knowledge of genetics, as demonstrated by your tinkertoy description of the workings of genes.

Chemistry, physics, as well as medical science have recently started being upended and rewritten because the fundamental concepts we have worked under for so long have been shown untenable. That's the true nature of science and I'm glad to see a return to it. Do not try to hold science as a religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

i actually recently read a ficton book with shadow people in it (Odd Thomas)...
the writer theorises that, the shadow people are actually us in the future, and we've developed some type of time travel but we can only go back as an invisible ghostly form... and we can't affect the past while in this form. The reason they come back is because we've degraded as a species from watching gory horror films, to actual snuff... and now resorting to going back and watching people die in murders and catastrophes for a sort of sick entertainment.

i know it's (probably) not what's going on but your post just reminded me of it... and gave me goosebumps jus thought i'd share anyway
Might not be too far off the mark. I've noticed usually when I do sense them it's at times I'm either depressed, nervous, or outright scared out of my wits like when I first saw the big human sized or larger ones and didn't realize people were talking about these things on the Internet. These days, knowing so many other people see them takes away a lot of the fear of them for me.

I think I first saw the little cat sized ones about twenty years ago, give or take. My dad was seeing them too and one day I broached the subject and he got all wide eyed and said, oh so you are seeing them, too! At the time my mom was ill with schizophrenia and all kinds of weird crap was manifesting in our house. We were all stressed out. I don't know why the big shadows didn't put in an appearance back then. It was the itty bitty protoplasmic kitty committee in those days. We didn't even own cats back then. We had a dog who seemed oblivious. It's been my personal observation that dogs, like humans, range in the degree of ESP they exhibit. If my dog at that time could talk he would have been a skeptic.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

is it possible they are trying to warn of something?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

What an interesting discussion. As great as science is, some aspects of it and those who advance it are becoming almost as restrictive and dogmatic as religion. I think I've seen the freaking Vatican become more open minded in the last few years than some of the very arrogant scientists who are so ego entrenched that they are actively stifling new discoveries and new theories. The scientific method is tried and true and should still be used to advance our knowledge and satisfy our intellectual curiosity. But we need to do a better job of weeding human hubris and ego out of it or we risk imposing a dark ages on ourselves as stifling as anything ever imposed by organized religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
People who believe that "its obvious" that you are having physical/mental problems should be more open minded to the possibility that you are indeed experiencing perception of an energetic expression that they themselves cannot, at present, sense.

At the same time, open-minded people can suffer from illness and shouldn't be "so open" as to close themselves off from prudent health care services.

If your experiences are "heightened/more sensitive" perceptions of energy, it does not surprise me at all that you have noticed changes. My personal experience is that higher vibration energy is flooding our dimension, and that manifestations are either going to grow in harmony with that higher vibration, or if not, the discordant, disharmony will grow - and I believe this is a process that is expotentially increasing.

So make sure you take good care of yourself - physically, mentally and spiritually - no matter what the source of your experience is.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Just had to add that a long time ago, Robert Anton Wilson's "The New Inquisition" made me really think. It's very basically about science's being made up of humans, and as such, can be very dogmatic in the face of disturbing evidence.

Charles Fort dared to broach that subject years ago and was the first to see print, I think.

I'm glad science has given us so much to make life bearable, but it has limits, or rather, it obviously does when weilded as dogma. Point hammered again. Just wanted to give a nod to Fort and Wilson. They were right.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
I would say pray. I'm not sure of your religious beliefs but my philosophy is everything has an opposite. There can be no evil without good and vice versa. For me, that good is God. I once had a bad experience with a shadow person when I was in middle school. It was 8 or 9 at night, 3 friends and I were in my front yard shooting around on my basketball hoop when the ball rolled in the front yard near our relatively tall fence. When I went to get the ball, a completely, solid black figure popped out from around the fence looked at me, then stepped back in one smooth motion... almost as if it was getting ready to run through the yard but was caught off guard by my being right there by the fence.

To my horror when I turned around I noticed that all of my friends had a look of panic and began shouting "WTF WAS THAT MAN???!!" Which let me know I wasn't just seeing things. I peeked around the fence just to make sure it wasn't one of the older guys from my cul-de-sac messing around, saw that NO ONE was there and instantly sprinted into the house yelling with my friends right behind me. We huddled in my room for the entire night. I didn't go to sleep till dawn. I don't think I'll ever forget that night.

Anyways, I told my parents who calmly directed me to the following verse to let us know that we weren't crazy and told me that when you come up against a "spirit" or what have you and feel scared or in danger, confidently pray.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12 (King James Version)

..It's not like you can punch a shadow man in the face or stab him. Just my two cents.

Yeah praying that will solve your problem.... wait for it....NAWT
Go see a doctor or a psychologist it might be nothing, but it would be best to get it checked out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

The established paradigm regarding the paranormal has been in crisis for some time under the weight of so much anomalous observational evidence as well as formally derived, repeatable laboratory data indicating that long-defended models are no longer adequately predictive. We are entering into the difficult transition stage of incommensurability, as the new paradigm emerges but has not yet displaced the old, nor has the history of science yet been re-written to maintain the illusion of a linear as opposed to an episodic progression of scientific knowledge.

The people here casting about for prosaic explanations and arguing against even the possibility of shadow people or ghosts are simply operating within the constraints of the pre-existing and soon to be discarded paradigm and its inherent world view. It's all part of the sociological process that is an indispensable component of how science really progresses and pushes out the limits of the known.

Interesting times in so many ways.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh it doesn't matter what you think! The fact is that they exist! Perhaps an alien? something from another dimension? The Devil? In the end I would suggest carrying a flashlight... lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Druid42

3- (this is the theory i am personally inclined to believe) This was not a dream and the hat man produced this spectacle as symbolism for something that would soon occur that would result in a lot of injuries and deaths.

I'll go with it not being a dream either, but rather another form of communication. If you can't speak, then what would be more logical than getting a bunch of your shadows to perform a "stage act"? Getting a bunch of friends to "mime" out what you are trying say was pretty impressive IMO.
However, don't take the meaning literally, not yet, that would be like trying to understand a whole story by reading a paragraph in a book. You have to get the context right to really understand the message. Agree?

also i don't understand what you mean by he'll be 'bound' by his name, as i don't believe that shadow people are supernatural in a spiritual sense, rather that they are living... just from somewhere else.
but i have decided to name him... his new name is Droll... due to the fact that most of my encounters with him are themselves droll.

The whole "binding" thing is how your mind can relate to him. (Sorry, no magic involved.) By naming him you can identify with each other better, and it's basically the first word in your mutual vocabulary. Imagine being shipwrecked on a tropical island, and you meet a native. You don't speak the same language, but you are able to pick up a "rock", and say "rock". The native will say "plendib" (or whatever the native has decided to call a rock), but he will be able to understand that is what you call a rock, and will try to mimic your vocabulary, as you will his. You arrive at a mutual understanding of what things are, and build your vocabulary from there. (Naming things, BTW, is the first step in communication. He may not understand you yet, but now you have personified him with a label, a "name", and that is crucial if he is trying to communicate something to you.)

Good luck, and keep us updated!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've only been with ATS for a few weeks. The reason I originally went here was because of the strange jet noises and rumbling sounds being heard all around the world, including my own area in Idaho next to the Canadian border. That site was recently taken down on the home page list even though it had 58 pages and counting. Why? I think anybody would consider this a 'hot topic'; apparently ATS didn't. Instead we get forums about Lady Gaga's latest publicity stunt. Obviously ATS thought Lady Caca was more important than the mystery noises. I emailed ATS about above subject, but received no reply.

The Apple Iphone was just found to have the ability to record personal information which is readily accessable to the authorities. NBC news had this story two days ago, and the internet is full of sites regarding this topic. Why is this subject not considered a hot topic and not in the contents list on the home page? Actually it's listed, but I challenge anybody to find it. Obviously ATS buried it for a reason; IS APPLE AN ADVERTISER? Makes me wonder. Is this an example where the bottom line of finance is more important than the spirit of ATS? Or are the owners just "out of it"?

I also find the manners and mentality of a large number of people posting to be lacking. Personal insults seem to take precedent over real information sharing in a spirit of basic civility.

ATS--PLEASE REMOVE ME AND MY POSTS FROM YOUR WEBSITE AND REMOVE ME FROM MEMBERSHIP--I NOW CONSIDER THIS SITE NOT TO BE WHAT IT IS PURPORTED TO BE; AND I'M NOT ALONE IN MY ANALYSIS AND OPINION.

Sincerely,
Grimalkin

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just a random thought...Maybe all the ghost hunting shows and tours is pissing them off or leaving them no where to hid so they come to people who have open minds to camp out there. I have also thought at one point in time that the reason for so many ghost or spirits in our time is due to the destruction of our Earth. If people are reincarnated in to any living thing such as a tree or a fly then the spirit or soul has no where to go as there is less land to plant and mass chemicals spread to kill of insects, depleting animal food supply lowering the number of animals. If there is a pattern to reincarnation we may just be screwing ourselves by taking out an important step.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

It took a cup of coffee to kick my brain into a state of functioning high enough to process your post, but once I got there, I had to agree.

I think with some of the advances being made in quantum physics we are going to see a new examination of things we previously dismissed as superstitious quackery. Maybe we will see the resurgence of those wild eyed scientists of the kind in the Lovecraft stories. Dudes ordering odd equipment to set up a mysterious apparatus in their mother's attic to contact cosmic space hounds.
edited to add....whoa...just realized maybe the dudes are already doing that...LHC anybody. Who knows, maybe they've got Cthulu hanging out in their lunch room.

I laugh, but at one time in our history science and occult studies were not mutually exclusive pursuits. Go back far enough and occult studies were the science of their day. It was good for mankind to break free of superstition. Goodness knows there was plenty worth shedding, but we seemed to have gone a bit too extreme and threw out some legitimate knowledge hard won by our ancestors...or that knowledge was purposely hidden away for some odd reason.
edit on 23-4-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: In lieu of providing a reason for editing my post I will simply declare all hail the Marshmallow Peeps!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join