It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Read the OP of the following thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I am sure this changes the reaction of the Shadow Beings as much as ours.
Astrally they are bound to our dimensione.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
While some claim to see shadow people out of the corner of their eye and others in dreams, I am curious if anyone adept at OBE ever sees them (especially the hat men). Wouldn't they more be able to communicate with and even chase them?

Chase them where? For what reason? There are way too many entities in the multiverse. The interaction between them is what this thread is about, and wondering why they are acting "different" than usual.

I say something "big" is coming up, and a lot of others do too. We feel it. This thread is related, somehow, I don't have all the details yet, but I have seen a shadow hat before, many years ago, I woke up and looked to the bathroom door connected to the master bedroom, and he was standing there, leaning against the door frame, and I knew he was there watching me while I slept. I sat up in bed, my wife sleeping beside me, and we stared at each other. He didn't move, and neither did I, for several moments, but feelings galore washed over me. It was like an emotional download, and in the end, I knew it was me from a different multiverse/timeline, and I blinked and it was gone. I think back now, almost a dim memory, but I had my dream journal on my nightstand and scrawled a picture, noted the date, jotted my thoughts down, and moved on from there. I have no answers, only a lot of questions and a lot of people with their own questions. I still have that notebook. To me that is ancient history, and I've learned to leave the mysteries of the past behind, live in the present, and marvel at what the future may hold.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

I actually tried to word that so I didn't come across as superior or more open minded, Griffo, just lucky enough to have had my own personal validation for very weird phenomena.

You seem, from reading a few of your posts, to be quite open minded considering a paucity of extraordinary events that defy materialistic rationalizations in your life.

Perhaps I should have gone back a few more pages and scolded the more condescending... but alas, I am lazy, and you served as my handy point maker. I apologize if I seem an ass.

I do think the point I labored over was valid, though... if you overlook any percieved jabs at openmindedness. That point being that some people are past trying to fit certain things into western dogmatic scientific paradigms and looking for the answers in the fantastic, or seemingly fantastic. Ultimately I suspect everything will make sense on some level, just one that hasn't yet been discovered by materialists like I used to be.

edit on 4/21/2011 by Baddogma because: fine tuning

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, I'm following this thread from the beginning, because it's very intriguing for me, and interesting in the same time. Also reading your experiences I realize that I may have had an encounter with a shadow without even knowing. Only when I saw the pictures someone posted here it hit me.

In my first year of marriage, I noticed that once in while my husband used to have really bad nightmares, screaming and crying, and waking up all sweaty. When he finally got passed the embarrassment, he told me that is always the same dream: always in our house, and there was a threatening shadow watching him, and no matter where he tried to hide or run, the shadow was always near him. I asked him if the shadow was trying do something to him, he said no, it was just watching him, but it's simple presence was terrifying beyond words.
So, trying to comfort him, I assured him that next time I will deal with it and get rid of that shadow for ever. (don't ask me where did that bravery came from, I can only tell you I was in my early twenties and trying all kind of crazy stuff which today I wouldn't dream about).

Now I know this will sound incredible, but few nights after that I had this crazy dream; I'm in the house, alone, the light is very dim, and I'm facing our entrance door, which is closed. Outside must be plenty of light, because I see it under the door. Somehow in the dream I know that the shadow is about to come, so I'm standing there and waiting for it. When it finally came, I saw it's shadow beneath the door, blocking the light, and I knew who it was. And somehow I also knew how is he looking like, a tall shadow/man, with a long coat and a black hat, just like, someone said earlier, a desperado. It's face was in shadow.
He also knew I'm behind that door, so he never tried to open it. It just stood there, like pondering my intentions. I remember feeling no threat from him, we just weighted each other in silence, over that closed door. I was decided to not let him in. After few moments he slowly walked away, I saw the shadow beneath the door departing, and I woke up.
Needless to say, my husband never had that nightmare again, for the rest of the time we lived together.

I never see shadow people in the walking life; although when I'm meditating (with my eyes closed) there are a lot of shadows flying around, they disturb me because I can see the light flickering behind my closed lids as they pass by; and I don't know if this dream can be counted as a real encounter with shadow people. I usually discard these things as "meditation weirdnesses".
If I wouldn't saw those pictures posted few pages behind I would never even think that I ever met them.

In my opinion, and from what I read here so far, I think that they can read our intentions very well, no need for words or pictures, and also I think they are drawn toward some specific type of human energy. I don't think they are harmful to us, maybe they want to be and they can't. Maybe they just had enough of our human BS.

Since I follow this thread I know I would love to see them for real, and somehow I think that I could, if would really wanted; but then there is this small voice in my head who always says: "leave them alone." Maybe it's US who harm them somehow; it seems to me that we have a choice, while they don't. I can't know for sure. But I always trust my instincts about things like that.

So keep this thread alive, maybe we will discover somehow what this is all about. And thank you to all who shared here their insights and experiences.

edit on 21-4-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by WhiteHat because: because my grammar suck!!!! lol

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Druid,

I also had a similar experience like yours. He was next to me on the right side of my bed. As he came closer to me, I saw his face. It wasn't a human face but a horse like face. I heard it spoke perfect english saying something that I was the girl to another lady who I saw came from my bedroom wall like any hallways you and I can easily walk through. Now, this lady illuminated with a silvery sheen but has no face. I still remembered what she said to this horse faced cowboy hat man in a trench coat. She said something like "is this her .. . " then she continued to say "she's so ugly."

Like you, I took note of this in my journal book and stored it away until now I stumbled upon this thread and noticed that I wasn't the only one who've seen them.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Hnubci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Is there even any scientific proof that "shadow people" exist? How do you know they're even people? And how do you know it's not your mind just playing tricks on you?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
maybe something we are doing in this world....like, oh, I don't know, the nukes in Japan leaking radiation all over the place is affecting them, and well, they are getting irked or something??

I don't see shadow people, but I do see blue orbs and once saw little strange looking humaniods outside one of my windows...should I go see a shrink too? there's plenty of people who see shadow people, plenty who see the blue orbs, and plenty who see strange looking humaniods.....
maybe we are all crazy....
or well, I notice in alot of threads, particularly ones where the discussion is something that isn't really favorable to the gov't, or the status quo, that people seem to come out of the woodwork and immediately start debunking.....
the fact that I saw it here, and I know that lots of people see these things, whatever they are, makes me think that maybe, just maybe something has gotten the shadows a little upset.....and the gov't may know just what it is....and is trying to keep the wraps on it....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by positracker

I've seen eye floaters. I've never seen eye floaters look like shadow people. Nice try though. At least it wasn't a link to schizophrenia symptoms.
edit on 21-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

I only put that out there as I have had a few issues with objects in my peripheral vision that were diagnosed as floaters. I meant no disrespect.
Peace..
edit on 22-4-2011 by positracker because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sexydonut

As has been said, kinda hard to use the, "It's all in your mind" line when a groop of people and your pet dog or cat see them at the same time. Without the sugestion being put out there first. I and others have experanced this many times. And we call them shaddow PEOPLE because, human is the basic shape they appear in. And if you read we talk about animal sized ones to.
edit on 22-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: left a bit out

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexydonut
Is there even any scientific proof that "shadow people" exist? How do you know they're even people? And how do you know it's not your mind just playing tricks on you?

Please do not inject any semblance of objectivity or incredulity into this thread. What is wrong with you? Offering a reasonable earth based solution to this will only result in you being scorned or chided for being "close minded" and not capable of grasping the big picture.

You are of course free to speculate or even state definitively that these shadow people are beings from another dimension, that they are evil physic vampires, that they enjoy terrifying your dog and cat, that they can travel from other planets when the alignment is right, that they are feeding off of your negative energy, that you can communicate with them with crystal balls, and all manner of other nonsense. But please, do not suggest any mechanical, or psychological explanation. That would just be a buzz kill.

Sarcasm totally intended.

Actually I think floaters in the eyes are an excellent explanation for the fleeting sense of objects in the peripheral vision. I have a lot of floaters in my eyes and this happens to me a lot. I often turn my head when I think I see a glimpse or detect movement, only to realize that it is just another floater. This seems to happen more in dim light. This thread is interesting and I'm sure a science fiction writer could glean a lot of ideas from the fertile imaginations of some of the members.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

At what point in that post was a reasonable earth based solution offered? The only earth based solutions that have been put but out here are, skizo, eye floters, mind manipulation by teck. I know the differance between an eye floter and something else. It has been metchioned about eye floters and discussed. Don't take sexydonuts side jest to be a troll, when they didn't even read the thred. By the way nobody here has said that any of this is a fact without doubt. But there are plenty that are quick to say the don't exist as a fact and that we are all mental.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

If you have a theory feel free to post it even if it is in opposition to the idia/observation of shaddow people. If your jest going to spout more skitzo BS or repeat post, please feel free to find another thred.
edit on 22-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: left a bit out and spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by awakeningsandman

Thanks but I am enjoying this thread a lot so I think I will continue to read it and occasionally offer comments.

I have already suggested that sensing an object in a persons peripheral vision and interpreting it as a shadow person is merely an optical illusion. I have also commented that floaters may explain some peoples experiences.
I do not believe that either of these offer an explanation for every case. That does not mean however that the next logical conclusion is that actual shadow beings, or physic vampires, from another dimension are spying on us or trying to communicate with us.
Why would any one rule out the possibility that mental illness may be the cause in some cases?

Don't forget that the goal of this site is to deny ignorance. Ignoring the obvious seems counter productive to me.

edit on 4/22/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

We are not ruling out mental problims, jest like we are not rulling out that the shaddow people might exist. Althought I think a psychology docter might know the differance in the two. Several intelligent people have posted disscussing this allready. It is possible that some of us are mentaly ill but very highly unlikely that we are all mentaly ill. By the way me and many others I know can look at them dead on.

edit on 22-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: same

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by ZombieFinny

What is with this Mentality of if you see something non-physical you must be Schizophrenic?

That would have to be one of the great small-minded thinking illustrations.

Why we see things out of the corner of our eyes....

It's got to do with the structure within the eye. Rods point straight ahead in order to gather light from directly in front of you.. while the side vision is from cones that funnel larger amounts of Light into smaller receptors.. not the official words for all this oklay.

It is the cones that helps us to see peripherally... and we do see things that are non-physical, so when we see them we turn to look straight on.. using the rods of the eyes.. and are not able to see because the rods take in less light than the cones.

This is all natural.. and not at all anything to do with Schizophrenia.

The world we live in is filled with non-physical things that we mostly do not see unless you are trained to or have a natural ability to. These things are all around us all the time.

I also think many "symptoms of schizophrenia" are really what is normal for most people.. hearing voices and seeing things that aren't there in the physical world, etc. And how you deal with it depends on whether you can be trained to maintain balance between the worlds of Force and Form, or whether you will remain in the limitations of culture and are thus perceived as having some mental health issues.

I'm not saying mental illness does not exist.. it obviously does.. but the very natural things we humans have had as abilities since man first walked this planet, and that we have been indoctrinating out of everyone who is born here for hundreds of years, are not a part of mental illness.. they are our birthright for a race of Spiritual Beings living a Human Eperience.

Hello,

The people who are saying schizophrenia obviously have no real concept to what it could be. This also reminds me of the time I told one of my ex therapists I was seeing ghosts, and shadow people. She claimed she believed in spirits but then told me how insane I was and i needed help. i left her office immediately, I know I am not insane, and some people can see things other people cannot see. Why assume they are crazy?? They are just different and more heightened then other people are! It really disturbs me to see people suggesting they get checked out by their doctors!! Why try to solve the problem yourself when you can take pills, which have zero side effects and they don't really make you crazy (I am being sarcastic btw), I am going to stop now as this makes me very angry!! Here is some advice WAKE UP!!!! TURN OFF YOUR TV!!! PUT ON THE GLASSES!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Thankyou i agree with you completely, why are so many so quick to try and debunk anything new or out of the ordanary. And try to do said debunking by repeating the same thing over and over and over. There must be 5 to 10 people on this thred that only posted once or twice jest to say skitzo, even though it has been posted several times allready, they don't even read the whole thred they jest pop it to say skitzo and leave.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakeningsandman

We are not ruling out mental problims, jest like we are not rulling out that the shaddow people might exist. Althought I think a psychology docter might know the differance in the two. Several intelligent people have posted disscussing this allready. It is possible that some of us are mentaly ill but very highly unlikely that we are all mentaly ill.

I beg to differ...some are ruling out mental illness. I'm glad you are not evidently ruling out this possibility. Understandably, it is mainly those that claim these so called "shadow people" are real that deny schizophrenia or some other mental illness may be the cause.

Like I said, I don't think there is one simple answer to every professed case, but to suggest that people who don't swallow the "out of this world" explanations being offered without a healthy degree of skepticism are simply trolls, or that they need to quit posting and go somewhere else is, not very open minded in my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I am sorry for calling you a troll you seem to be open to new things and jest try to look at things from a logic perspective. I jest don't like it when people back a post from somebody that didn't even bother to read the hole thred to see what has been said, and jest pop in to say something that has been said or asked ten times. And the find another thred comment was ment for sexydonut not you, jest to clear things up.

edit on 22-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

On your idia that a science fiction writer could glean a lot of ideas from the fertile imaginations of some of the members. several allready do ATS gets ripped of in movies all the time. It's to the point that i think they should be paying us for righting there storys for them.
Watch for a shaddow people movie in the next 2 years.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakeningsandman

On your idia that a science fiction writer could glean a lot of ideas from the fertile imaginations of some of the members. several allready do ATS gets ripped of in movies all the time. It's to the point that i think they should be paying us for righting there storys for them.
Watch for a shaddow people movie in the next 2 years.

You are probably right. That explains why I constantly see subjects brought up here first that go mainstream.
I may crank out a story or two just for grins.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join