It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
who cares if its a form of mental dementia.

id rather say, hey i see shadow people, do you?

instead of, hey i have schizophrenia and i take X meds, do you?

just making light.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Ha! Hear you loud and clear. I get fired up sometimes....this site can drive you, well, crazy

Indeed it can, and no worries.

It seems as if you're pretty interested in the ET stuff. If I'm not assuming too much, do you have any particular theories on what these things might be, based on the experiences that have been posted? I know that muzzle said that he had a theory that they might actually be some sort of ET presence.

Thoughts?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

I wrote a blog article on Scientology, and how their most sacred and protected belief is that an intergalactic despot named Xenu, when faced with massive overpopulation, brought millions of beings from across the galaxy to Earth and blew them all up. Scientology believes that the spirits of these beings are the source of all evil on this planet. Apparently L.Ron Hubbard believed this because of some life experience he claimed to have had.
All of the reading I've done in this thread makes me think of this story, moreso than any others. Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

If these shadow people are so normal, why are they not an acknowledged scientific phenomenon? Why do we not read in scientific journals: "Shadow People walk among us, but only some can see them."?

One may hallucinate without being insane. Some who suffer from schizophrenia are highly-functional and may not even seem crazy, but the difference between them and you is that you won't acknowledge that what you are seeing is not really there, which makes you crazier than them. I find it hard to believe that you confided in a psychologist that you see people who aren't really there, and he didn't think you were hallucinating. Do they give degrees out to just anybody these days?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

He doesn't want help, I as well as other people have tryed to get him to consider visiting a doctor.
The thread seems to me like he was wanting advice or opinions but he is only open to "shadow people".
Doesn't make sense, let the "believers" have their moment.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i have also noticed this not so much with the bending... viberating yes and there have been a lot more of them lately, my girlfriend just moved in to a new place and her dogs have been acting very stange barking growling and staring at unknown things this is where i see most of them

s+f

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have also seen these creatures. It happened when I was extremely ill with a serious intestinal problem and near death's door. I saw them just as clearly as I see people. They were shadow forms, no faces, no detailed hands. They had not lived as people and were not "ghosts." As far as I could tell in my weakened state they were watching as apparently they often do, out of curiosity. I felt that they were from another dimension. I was too ill to be scared and it was the most fascinating experience of my life. After I recovered I have seen them only occasionally. Have never known them to be attacking, or vicious in any way.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Reactions to these types of experiences might be more of a reflection of you own fears rather than any form of delusiion or ratinality. Same way that inidians used to see flying canoes in the sky, and we moderns with technolgy see UFO´s...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If these shadow people are so normal, why are they not an acknowledged scientific phenomenon? Why do we not read in scientific journals: "Shadow People walk among us, but only some can see them."?

-------------------------------

Unfortunately there is a very unscientific pre-screening of what issues science addresses that rarely strays from the prevailing accepted world view of the times. That is why scientific revolutions often have less to do with the recent discovery of new scientific knowledge and more with the dying off of the guardians and gatekeepers of the prevailing scientific ethos.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by awakeningsandman

There are group hallucinations that can be brought upon by infrasound waves or poisonous chemicals though. You should check your house out for gas leaks as carbon monoxide poisoning has lead people to believe that they have seen ghosts or that there house is haunted.

There we go, two rational, scientific explanations for ghosts
edit on 20/4/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth

-------------------------------

Unfortunately there is a very unscientific pre-screening of what issues science addresses that rarely strays from the prevailing accepted world view of the times. That is why scientific revolutions often have less to do with the recent discovery of new scientific knowledge and more with the dying off of the guardians and gatekeepers of the prevailing scientific ethos.

Seems like most 'scientific revolutions' are kept quiet, because some other guardian steps in to take the place of the old... Though, with the advent of a (dare I say) successful information revolution (of sorts) that has come in the name of Wikileaks, a scientific revolution in our day and time would hopefully be more ground-breaking. I could picture a scenario where a world changing blueprint, or design were posted on several internet web sites simultaneously, which would force governments and media to take notice.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kingcaii

Interesting. Maybe sites like ATS will make perpetuating the prevailing orthodoxy increasingly difficult. I hope so.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would not jump into any judgment of your circumstances being a mental illness. It really matters not if it is or if it is not, or if it has a name (tag or not). The only thing that matters is if your life is being disrupted by your reality. If it is not, then it is just part of your uniqueness. If these appearances start making your life miserable in any way, then I would consider getting help from somebody, not certainly this board, and surely not in the world of today`s ¨sciences of the mind¨(psychiatry or psychology). If anything I would find someone from the lacanian psychoanalysis formation to help. They have a very unique way of understanding and treating the human suffering, and the good ones are very successful treating psychosis with no drugs.
The link to the world association is wapol.org.
But again, if you can live with no problems with shadow people then this reality is just part of your uniqueness. Fact is, these shadow people are real, no matter if other people can see it or not. If you see it, you see it, that is real. That others can not see it does not mean that it is not real. Each human being is unique, and the being`s complexity is not something that can be addressed by looking at an axis in a DSMV or VI or X or whatever version the established accepted mind science is using lately. Each human being is unique so the right approach is the one that sees the particular suffering in a one by one basis. We don`t fit in axis of normalcy, not matter how much variables they keep adding, or how many axis. Psychiatry and psychology are completely lost from what we human beings are about.....lost. And in my opinion they can be very dangerous.

Just my thoughts...
my best wishes for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There is more to this reality than observable and material evidence would suggest.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think if the number of individuals that are...um..crazy due to seeing "shadow people" are a little high to just suggest illness. Unless that would confirm some kind of mass mind manipulation. But regardless I would still not poke a stick at a bunch of people you "think" are crazy.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

ZombieFinny

For the past 10 years, I've been experiencing similiar occurances like yours. Like some of the posters,
I have family members who thought I was schizophrenic or was literally crazy. I've been struggling
for 10 years trying to find out why I am prone to seeing these entities compared to my other siblings, and
even to other people. I was quite young when I started seeing these entities; actually, however, I have
always seen them when I was a child but always shrugged them off as being my own imaginations, or fear that they might be real. Similarly like you and truthseeker, I have seen the black shadow with the cowboy hat and the 3 hooded man. Like you said, I always seen the 3 hooded man come as 3 and never as one. I've seen them close up and I've even sketched and drawn them just so I have evidence that they exist and I wasn't crazy. Even today, I still have these drawings.

I also wanted to add that english is not my first language, but I've been raised and grown up in the US all
life. The strangest thing that I wanted to note here was that when I met these entities they all only spoke
English to me. Even today, I don't think they know how to speak my native tongue. I am still searching for an answer to why I see them, or why they chose me to see them. Ever since my first close contact with them, I have kept a journal of my experiences and is still doing so. I have more to say, but I am so nervous and don't know what to expect since this is my first post on ATS. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdderlyInsane

I think if the number of individuals that are...um..crazy due to seeing "shadow people" are a little high to just suggest illness. Unless that would confirm some kind of mass mind manipulation. But regardless I would still not poke a stick at a bunch of people you "think" are crazy.

I've never met anyone who sees these "shadow people". And I have been around. The only people who claim to see these apparitions are right here on this site, or other similarly crazy-people-attracting websites. This number makes up a vastly minor percentage of the world's population. What, a few dozen? A few hundred, maybe? There are more people with albinism than claim to see "shadow people". It is therefore, almost assuredly, an illness, and almost certainly a symptom of schizophrenia.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Another ghost image, this time in the hall mirror.

img845.imageshack.us...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

"Almost certainly"? Could you elaborate on your differential process in reaching this diagnosis, Doctor? How did you eliminate the numerous other psychotic disorders, and how indeed have you concluded that this condition is causing the patient dysfunction or difficulty in life? Have you interviewed his family and friends? Have you, indeed, even met with the patient once, Doctor? I hope you don't run your practice like this. You'll soon be losing that Internet Expert license.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The only people who claim to see these apparitions are right here on this site, or other similarly crazy-people-attracting websites.

Interesting point. Feel free to attempt to back this up btw.

It is therefore, almost assuredly, an illness, and almost certainly a symptom of schizophrenia.

Again, feel free to back up your wild conclusion.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I have been around a lot too, OrphenFire. One thing life has taught in all my getting around is a little humility when it comes to the surety of any knowledge. We live in a vast, mysterious universe, and, in our own way, we are ourselves vast and mysterious beings. Don't be too sure about the certitude of your conclusions. Greater minds than ours have asserted that all they can be really sure of knowing is that they don't know.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Elbereth because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join